PDA

View Full Version : Render dont match viewport--Help

n_e_gma
06-27-2007, 07:04 PM
Hi, this most be really simple but i just cant figure it out.
The amount of particles rendered dont match the amount of particles i see in the view port.
I have cheked that the Quantity multiplier is set to 100% in both viewport and render, but the render simply does not match the amount or position of particles i see in the viewport.
Im emiting just 1000 particles and the Amount upper limit is set to 500000, so i dont think that would be the issue.

Can NE1 help?

Thanks in advanced!

Bobo
06-27-2007, 07:09 PM
Also make sure you are using the same interpolation step, as depending on what operators you have in the flow and how often these are updated, the results could look much different.
(viewport defaults to 1 frame, renderer to 1/2 frame)

n_e_gma
06-27-2007, 07:25 PM
Also make sure you are using the same interpolation step, as depending on what operators you have in the flow and how often these are updated, the results could look much different.
(viewport defaults to 1 frame, renderer to 1/2 frame)
Thanks for your reply Bobo, but the "Integration step" as found in the System managment rollout, doesnt make any diference.
My flow is really simple/basic at this stage. All i have in my flow is a birth operator emiting 1000 particles with a position object operator to lock the particles to a plane and using a Shape Instance to have tha particles render as a simple sphere with a texture map.

But i noticed the render count was not matching my viewport count for some reason. :(

NE more clues?

feldy
06-27-2007, 07:53 PM
can you post a scene file or a picture so we can see what were looking at?

n_e_gma
06-27-2007, 08:22 PM
Ok, here you can see what i mean. See the diference from viewport to render? Like if it where 2 diferent scenes :(
http://www.6dplus.com/cgtalk/pf.jpg

n_e_gma
06-27-2007, 08:45 PM
Ok, it seemed like some kind of scene bug. I created a new scene and everything seems to be working as it should now.
http://www.6dplus.com/cgtalk/pf2.jpg

thatoneguy
06-29-2007, 10:55 PM
Particle flow will limit the number of polygons per 'mesh' allowed in a flow. Go into the "render" operator of your flow and experiment with "each particle as mesh" or multiple mesh settings.

I had this same problem where I had 10,000 cupcakes but it would only render about 1,000 (until it hit the poly limit).

CapitanRed
10-10-2007, 02:54 PM
can we change this limit?
I have the same problem now. shape instance does not render all particles. but simple shape does.

CGTalk Moderation
10-10-2007, 02:54 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.