PDA

View Full Version : where did the pinning go?

=LuxX=
06-27-2007, 11:59 AM
Hello there,

I got a small question, it will proparbly be easy but i cant find it.
Im watching a tutorial about full body IK, but they are using an other version of maya then me. They show the option to pinn your controler so it stays at his place.
Now im working with maya 8.5 and cant vind the pinning any more. dit they change this?

thnx

TheNeverman
06-27-2007, 12:34 PM
are you talking about contraints? Their under the animation subset, constrain->point, aim, etc.

shinyprem
06-27-2007, 12:38 PM
Hi.. !

Its there in new version also but you have to build the rig in that full body IK format to get those option.

Rgds,

=LuxX=
06-27-2007, 01:00 PM
@nevermen no thats not the things i mean.. i know those.
@shiny hmm i gues this isnt a full body ik then ( didnt make the rig my self, it contains stretch and that sort of things ) im not good with rigging.

ill explain what i want to do.
i got a charakter who does push ups.
Now when i move his upper body my hands dont stay on the ground but also move lit the body. but they need to stick on the ground at the place where they are.
i hope this info is of any use.

thnx again ;)

xenoid
06-28-2007, 08:30 AM
hmm I din see your rig so just making a wild guess here...

Are your IK hand controllers parented to your spine/body controllers? Making them outside the hierarchy of your body controllers should be able to pin them.

CGTalk Moderation
06-28-2007, 08:30 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.