PDA

View Full Version : troubles with release 10.111

marcorabellini
06-26-2007, 11:27 PM
The objects I select in the Object Manager are not highlighting in the timeline. I'm pretty sure this used to happen. For the past couple days I've had to do massive hunting and pecking in the TL window to find stuff.

Anyone else have this trouble? Any fixes. Could there be a Pref that needs to be turned back on?

m

LucentDreams
06-26-2007, 11:58 PM
none of the R10 versions have done this, there is a plugin to fix this though.

marcorabellini
06-27-2007, 12:07 AM
Interesting. I seem to just now noticed it with the .111 release. I swear it was working before. What's the plugin name?

And another thing... the rotation bands work sometime and sometimes I can freely rotate even if only grabbing the band. Again, I've just noticed this in .111 release.

Thanks,
m

3DKiwi
06-27-2007, 03:29 AM
In the view menu on the timeline in R10 you can enable the "Link view to Object Manager". If you do this then objects selected in the OM will be shown in the timeline. Make sure that the "Show animated" option is disabled otherwise if the object doesn't have any keyframes it won't show up.

The thing that's missing in R10 is going the other way i.e. selecting an object in the Timeline doesn't select the same object in the OM.

Hope this helps.

3DKiwi

ecore
06-27-2007, 05:49 AM
Use this free plugin TLOM:

http://www.biomekk.com/index.php?page=1&cat=107&itm=19

marcorabellini
06-28-2007, 12:44 AM
I tried the TLOM plugin and it crashed C4D. I'm on 64-bit XP so maybe it has an issue with that.

The "Link View..." option seems to be a juggling act. The frames disappear in the timeline if I don't click directly on them.

I've sent my suggestions to Maxon.

Thanks for the replies.
m

CGTalk Moderation
06-28-2007, 12:44 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.