PDA

View Full Version : Keep the Head hipoly

Vlad Gabriel
03-21-2003, 05:27 AM
Can anyone help me with this ?

I rigged a character , then make a lowpoly of that and hide the hipoly model
What i want to do is keep the head hipoly and the rest lowpoly without separating the head from the rest of the body.Is there any way i could do that ?

Thanks

Flo
03-22-2003, 11:30 AM
hy,

of course you can keep the body low and smmoth the head only.
you can do so , by either applying a smooth only to the selected head polys. so you got a lowPoly Body and a smooth operator only on the head faces.
this would work, though its not a clean solution.
I would rather detach the head form the body, keep the body low res , apply smooth on the seperate head and combine these 2 objects.
Also, if you try this approach, its important to smmoth the cv Normals , to get a smooth transition from the head to the body.

Flo

Vlad Gabriel
03-23-2003, 11:47 AM
Hey Flo , thanks for the reply ! What i really want to understand is :

Ex:

i got a full body hirez and in another layer a lowrez body. Is there any way i could do to keep only the head and hide the rest (keeping the rest lowrez)

My classical method is like u said , to detach the head but i got problems when it comes to reattach it back.

Maybe it will work if i keep the body lowrez and smooth only the head and then i could delete the polysmooth from Hypergraph (i didn't try that and i don't know if it will work)

What would u recommend?

Thanks

CGTalk Moderation
01-14-2006, 06:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.