PDA

View Full Version : Maya 8.5 script editor takes decades to open

isoparmB
06-26-2007, 01:40 PM
Is it just me or are other people getting this problem?

The new script editor has a lot of nice features like python programming and being able to remember the last script you had open from a previous session, but it just takes ages sometimes to open up. What gives?

Robert Bateman
06-26-2007, 06:20 PM
works fine here.

GiantG
06-26-2007, 08:42 PM
for me too ;)

tbaypaul
06-27-2007, 02:32 AM
opening the script editor is one of the first things I do so there is very little history. I guess others who open it later in a maya session, having a ton of history, are having problems...I would suggest creating a button to delete history a bit before opening it up. Not sure if that is the cure.

scriptEditorInfo -clearHistory;

trancor
06-27-2007, 02:58 AM
are you working with large scenes perhaps? that would slow down how fast maya work.

Robken
06-27-2007, 08:39 AM
I have this problem too. it sometimes takes up to 20 seconds for it to open.

I saw someone over at "thearea" that had the same problem. seems like some people get it and others don't.

isoparmB
06-27-2007, 09:16 AM
Thanks for the replies. It isn't becuase of scene complexity as far as I can tell: I open the same scene in maya 7 and the script editor opens promptly enough. Might be a video card setting thing, might be bad coffee beans.....

As with the tons of history in the history panel, that's never affected me too much on 7.01 and earlier. On some scenes on maya 8.5, it literally takes minutes to open the script editor.

I'll keep checking it out to see what I can find. Cheers.

uncle_frankie
07-03-2007, 06:49 PM
I can confirm this 'feature'

Opening the Script editor on Maya 8.5 is very very slow

At first I thought Maya had crashed

Are Autodesk actually checking for bugs when they release software?

Or don't they care now?

CGTalk Moderation
07-03-2007, 06:49 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.