PDA

View Full Version : Strange Behavior (Illustration) Entry: Aly Fell

AlyFell
06-25-2007, 11:38 PM
Aly Fell is entered in the "Strange Behavior Challenge" update: View Challenge Page (http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/strange_behavior/view_entries.php?challenger=12745)

Latest Update: Concept Sketch or 3D pre-visualization: Nasty Fairies
http://assets.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/19/12745/12745_1184327214_medium.jpg (http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?p=4518201#post4518201)

mv
06-25-2007, 11:44 PM
wooo Poshspice!
Welcome !
And yeah I think this theme is one of the best I've seen here.

Good luck!

walrus
06-26-2007, 12:21 AM
Indeed, why the heck not?! Good to see you here again, Aly, it's been a while! Looking forward to seeing more of your beautiful ladies exhibiting strange behaviours. Have fun!

MichaelZHsee
06-26-2007, 12:51 AM
hey mate~nice having u back,gonna stick around in this thread:scream:all the best mate

duddlebug
06-26-2007, 09:00 AM
Yo DUde!! Get those colouring pencils out!! This will be a LARF!!

(Anyway, what are you doing on forums? Haven't you got 'proper' work to do?)

adonihs
06-26-2007, 09:12 AM
awesome, youre one of my favs :) so this should be fun!

paulwdavidson
06-26-2007, 02:43 PM
Just saying hi to all the guys i remember from a few challenges back..................here we are again.

Looking forward to it.....good luck.

Paul

paperclip
06-26-2007, 05:44 PM
Aly! Good luck! Looking forward to seeing what beauty you come up with this time as usual... must agree with the others, best theme I've participated in so far. Let's see some WIPs, man!

StuntMan
06-26-2007, 05:59 PM
Damnit, our chances just dropped severely! Poshspice, you're one of my favorite artists... I'll continue to kiss up and say that your ideas and execution are always equally sharp. I'll be watching...

oooo...

OOOOOO...

Vahn
06-26-2007, 11:34 PM
posh posh :D

Sundance5000
06-30-2007, 03:57 AM
Best of luck in finding the time Aly; you need no luck in the execution. I do hope you have time to work through this...seeing your progress is always a treat!

Slav
06-30-2007, 04:31 AM
hey aly best of luck. hope to see great work here.

W-I-L
06-30-2007, 10:38 AM
cant wait to see hwta you come up with

Goro
06-30-2007, 04:24 PM
Hey Aly! Nice to see you on the challenge!
I'm sure you will come up with something great! Good luck mate!

AlyFell
07-01-2007, 03:09 PM
Thanks for the welcome friendly faces. I'm going to get scribbling on the challenge this week, I've just been tying up a project that Duddlebug and myself have been doing. Now I'm FREEEE to draw stuff! Stuff, stuff and more stuff!

AlyFell
07-02-2007, 05:16 PM
http://assets.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/19/12745/12745_1183396600_medium.jpg (http://assets.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/19/12745/12745_1183396600_large.jpg)

First sketches. Very quick after work today. Not sure if this is the way I'll go though. The mermaid idea may not be' strange behaviour' enough, but it's certainly about a 'relationship' of some kind! And the other idea is probably too like a previous challenge entry... I just thought it'd be quite odd to see a couple of 'furrys' just sitting watching telly!

Vahn
07-02-2007, 05:46 PM
haha love the furrys. The Mermaid sketches are good ...furrys are funnier tough :) :love:

MichaelZHsee
07-02-2007, 05:52 PM
agreed what vahn said,but the mermaid sketch is good.i like both the composition:thumbsup:

walrus
07-02-2007, 06:01 PM
Agreed, i like the compositions of the mermaid ones more. No one said the entry had to be funny. Of the 2 mermaid sketches, I like the left one more. Once you're going to commit to topless mermaids, the left one promises more sex after the events in the scene. :D
(yes, i know my commetns are incredibly heterosexually biased. Oh well! :shrug: )

DeeVad
07-02-2007, 07:19 PM
I'm agree with Walrus, nice sketch !
( what an energic line ! )

plasteredcat
07-02-2007, 07:44 PM
Not sure about the subject, but definetely partial to a piece with motion in it. Brilliant sketches! I can't wait to see more...:thumbsup:

Hideyoshi
07-02-2007, 09:02 PM
jeez, there sure are some big names round here this time!
:twisted:

icedeyes
07-03-2007, 07:44 AM
I, in contrast to the rest, like the last one... I love the mermaid sketches but i think the last one looks stranger...

have fun,
George

Goro
07-03-2007, 08:27 AM
aaaah here it goes!
Nice sketches Aly! Love the top left one best! The composition and the poses are great!

Darksuit
07-03-2007, 08:33 AM
You could even have one of the Mer-people give some Oxyogen to the girl as she is being let loose, or is she being tied down. Could she be becomeing a mer-person herself.

Great sketches over all, looking forward to seeing more. Keep it odd!

W-I-L
07-03-2007, 08:43 AM
personaly i think the furrys watching tv is the best by far. very striking. i would go for that any daym over the others

rawgon
07-03-2007, 09:13 AM
Wow man! you draw beatifully! looking forward for more of those lines! good luck to you

the first sketch, the guy could be a very bad man influent in the "mermaid hunting buiz", got himself a new shoes and now those beautys going to eat him! :twisted:

cheers

polygonwarrior
07-03-2007, 09:16 AM
I liked the concept.i am sure to follow ur thread.

flyingP
07-03-2007, 11:07 AM
ahhhh good to see you joined Aly :thumbsup:

Insomnian
07-04-2007, 11:58 AM
Very nice sketches! :thumbsup:

Umm... I think I may have a slight mermaid fetish!

TheFirstAngel
07-05-2007, 04:58 PM
hi Aly
great sketches, joining that for sure :D good to see you finally got your heap of work down and found time to join this too :)
this will be great fun for sure, so lets rock this ^^ :beer::buttrock::wip:

StuntMan
07-05-2007, 07:20 PM
Hi Posh, I wanted to attempt to give some constructive feedback, take it or leave it ;)

The furry scene is definitely strange behavior, but it seems to lack that "interest" that some of your other ideas always have. The cement feet with the mermaids however is stronger. As you currently have it, it's a strange scene but the behavior doesn't feel strange for what it is. I'd love to see how you push this idea further. I think it could be halarious if there's a whole slew of guys at the bottom of the ocean that pissed off the mob and are playing poker now in their cement shoes. Maybe they are excited/grouchy about a new guy coming down to join them... or something like that that makes turns the situation into something whacky!

All the best with this one!:thumbsup:

beelow
07-06-2007, 11:52 PM
Hey Pish Posh. Welcome to the challenge. Waiting to see more from you.:)

NinjaA55N
07-09-2007, 08:55 PM
hi Aly! nice to see another master entered this challenge, more great work is coming up this way :) And about the sketches... I'll double the walrus' comment :D

MoonVisionStudio
07-09-2007, 10:51 PM
Yeah, looking forward to seeing what lovely lady/ies you do with this!!

Tranchefeux
07-11-2007, 11:52 AM
Hello,
Glad to re-examine you here, I expects to see good thing here
and a little buttock:)
Good luck.

AlyFell
07-13-2007, 11:46 AM
http://assets.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/19/12745/12745_1184327214_medium.jpg (http://assets.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/19/12745/12745_1184327214_large.jpg)

Hi guys. Back in to the thread again! I've been finishing off a rather big project (we all say that don't we!), and every time I think it's all over it keeps having loose ends to tie up but I've had a chance to have a bit of a go at the challenge. Sincere apologies for not replying.

MV, Walrus. MichaelZHsee, JD Bug, adonihs, PaulWDavidson, Paperclip, StuntMan, Vahn, Sundance, Slav, W-I-L, Goro, DeeVad, harachte, Hideyoshi, icedeyes, Darksuit, renderwhite, Cubisis, flyingP, Insomnian, TheFirstAngel, beelow, NinjaA55N, MoonVisionStudio and Tranchefeux....

Thankyou for the hellos and to Walrus and Stuntman for the valid crits however...

Not so keen on my previous ideas, there were some good points being made about 'where' the actual strange behaviour was, although I think the mermaid pic could be worked up into something else anyway, so I will. As for the furries: I've decided that although the idea of people dressed up as furry creatures to enjoy carnal pleasures is bizarre (but strangely not entirely incomprehensible!) the idea is too close to Bad Kitty from the Master and Servant challenge.

So now I've gone for an out and out self-indulgent girl fest! A bunch of chavy fairys at a bus stop in Elfland - after all, in the fairy kingdom, fairies are undoubtedly the chavs! ( Chav (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chav%20)) mocking a little Goth fairy and her 'different' wings, whilst they wait for the Elf bus! I think I'm going to give the Goth fairy feather wings and have the one behind her pulling them out! Originaly they were at a normal bus stop, but perhaps it should be a toadstool...

paperclip
07-13-2007, 11:58 AM
I like the normal bus stop, everyone has toadstools these days...having the normal bus stop brings it more into the real sphere, making this really strange behaviour!

Love the fairy=chav idea. Great touch. :D

Goth= different idea has maybe been a bit too exploited? Try other 'minorities' (fat fairies? Unusual!)

Curious to see where you go with this, Aly.

W-I-L
07-13-2007, 03:38 PM
nice drawing posh. but i still pefer ur idea of the furries watchign tv... i dont really find anything strange about this one..just normal behaviour but replaced with fairies

walrus
07-13-2007, 04:36 PM
I dunno, Aly, setting an image for this Challenge in Elf-land sound like a sure-fire route to disaster... :curious: Anyhow, it's been done...

Anyhooo, the girl in the front might be showing a bit to much skin for a goth... or at least, it might be nice to cover her up, if only to contrast her wardrobe with the women behind her. Good luck...!

AlyFell
07-13-2007, 04:52 PM
I dunno, Aly, setting an image for this Challenge in Elf-land sound like a sure-fire route to disaster... :curious: Anyhow, it's been done...

Anyhooo, the girl in the front might be showing a bit to much skin for a goth... or at least, it might be nice to cover her up, if only to contrast her wardrobe with the women behind her. Good luck...!

Cheers Paperclip and W-I-L. If I go with this I'll keep the goth as I'm a bit of a Goth too! But I may not yet...

And Walrus, check your PMs...

krrrk
07-15-2007, 12:03 AM
hey aly,

nice sketches, good drawing skills, keep it up
but I agree on what walrus said about the difference between the goth and the others,
but maybe you can solve it in the colours later,
succes

Gord-MacDonald
07-15-2007, 01:38 AM
I esp like the furrys and the first mermaid image.

BTW - Great drawing!

Gord

Greatto
07-15-2007, 06:23 AM
Hello, Really impresive skills of drawing, your last idea is very good , i think one of bests ideas :)
Good luck, and keep it up :D

icedeyes
07-16-2007, 07:32 AM
I like the normal bus stop... a goth girl would be louder imho and more covered like warlus said... the feathers dont really fit the goth concept.... the drawings are great thought its just that the idea itself is not so strange or as direct as needed yet... just some remarks..

kmest
07-22-2007, 11:42 PM
Cool concepts like lways...i like them all....specialy the TV one....:thumbsup:
keep roxing:bounce:

Llynna
07-23-2007, 04:43 AM
sorry to say that guys but the goth is fairly well portrait. at least its kinda trendy here to wear nearly nothing ;). especially when going out or when there is heat. well certainly that doesnt go for all, but mostly its more of a skin showing sub culuture ;).

although i am not realy sure here, it might work and it might not, i realy think the theme is more challenging than most people originally thought.

anyway aly, keep exploring and you will go there :D

cheers!

Smik
07-23-2007, 05:43 AM
Hi Aly! I like your sketch. Good luck! :)

AndyH
08-04-2007, 08:37 AM
Wheeee - another quality Aly compo entry. Dont get much chance to lurk on CGtalk these days, but when i heard that you were entering the compo, i had to check it out!

You know i hate fairies and other fantasy stuff, but the chavvy take on them is superb!
Ill be looking at how this one turns out...

Glad you ditched the furries one by the way - furries creep me out big time....

abscnth
08-05-2007, 09:18 PM
Heya Aly, I really think you will make a stellar job of this, i have long admired your work - I watched your Master & Servant thread before I began posting anything on CG, so I know that you put a considerable amount of work into developing exactly the right inflection for your characters. Stick with the girls I say, you absolutely rock when it comes to hot chicks, and these have wings too which just makes it quite, quite awesome!

Best of luck buddy

polygonwarrior
08-06-2007, 12:51 AM
nice work and cool chicks.coming along well.Best of luck :thumbsup:

CGTalk Moderation
08-06-2007, 12:51 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.