PDA

View Full Version : Strange Behavior (Illustration) Entry: Fernando Porcel

Pages : 1 [2]

Hiun
10-16-2007, 12:57 PM
You are doing great things Ferx!:thumbsup: I know you must be having so much fun coming close to the final image :bounce: Your characters are wonderful and I can't wait to see them in full composition!
Keep up the Great work my friend:D

varma
10-16-2007, 01:22 PM
Lady Dalila looks really great, I'm so exited to see these characters in the scene, cause
the environment looks awesome, and I'm sure this will add a whole lot to the concept!
Keep pushing Amigo!
:bounce:

SteevieWoo
10-17-2007, 06:35 AM
Wow good to see the characters! they're really good, Lady Dalila looks really sleek! and the white dress will stand up well in the enviroment, I think it is the corner of her screen-right eye that is too raised, Have you flipped her already? that would help...

Egelvidio (ah quiensabe si lo escribí bien) is very funny! great match for her, lets hope he and his black jacket don't get lost in the dark:D....

Ferx
10-17-2007, 10:28 AM
Mark - Thanks my friend!! I´m glad you liked the characteres. The former robo butler was cold for the Lady Dalila´s hot blood ..... hahahahahaha :D and she replaced with Mr. Egelvidio ( He went to Hippy space cadets schooll ..... but failed :D ) Again really thanks for your great support my friend!! Cheers!!

Uldison - Thanks friend !! I´m working fast like Felipiño Massa drives :D Thanks for your encouragement my friend!!

Martin - Thanks mate!! Surely Dalila is very tasty :D hahahahah Thanks for your support my friend!!

Axel - Gracias amigo. You are totally right, I´m working in some jewellery for her ( I´m thinking in art deco bracelet and earrings and a pearl´s necklace, a simply but elegant touch... i hope :D ) Again really thanks for your great support my friend!! ( y a seguir dandole a base de puro cafe de olla... Gracias por todo tu apoyo mi estimado Axel!!) :coffee de olla: <---- nada de cervezas por ahora

Kamal - Thanks my friend for your kind words, i really appreciate it!! Your encouragement its an extra motivation to finish this concept!! :thumbsup: Again really thanks !! Cheers!!

Mathias - Thanks friend!! I´m really glad that you liked the enviroment :) After this post i will submit a preview with Dalila in the sewer. Again thanks for your encouragement!! ( And i need to finish to drink the tequila bottle with you :D )

Gabriel - Thanks my friend!! You are totally right about the eyes ( Dalila is very very angry with me, and she puts me on extra work hours! She says that the next time I´m invited to swim.... with the gators!! :eek: hahahahaha :D She is a bit dangerous hahahaha) Again thanks Gabriel for your great support my friend!! Cheers!!

Ferx
10-17-2007, 10:33 AM
http://assets.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/19/12700/12700_1192617212_medium.jpg (http://assets.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/19/12700/12700_1192617212_large.jpg)

This is only a rough previw with Lady Dalila and Egelvidio in the sewer. Not lighting yet on them. Working now on the crocodiles :D

Korendo
10-17-2007, 04:33 PM
Greetings Ferx,

You have me on the edge on my seat! At last the main characters are home! Looks great! Look forward to the moonlight interacting with these two.

MartinNielsen
10-17-2007, 05:05 PM
Argh... I must comment this again. This is gonna rock! :buttrock: I like :love:

elmasfeo
10-17-2007, 06:51 PM
hey, great work Fer!
its looking very good, the lighting is the best!
I noticed you closed Egelvidio's eyes.... he doesnt look so nervous now, it was a funny touch, but its looking very good anyway
good luck in the final weeks! :thumbsup:

Jeffparadox
10-18-2007, 03:53 AM
This is looking very good as usual... :D One thing could help for us to see that the buttler is nervous, even from far away: putting his eyebrows in more of a pyramid shape, and each eyebrow is curved downwards? Like the purple face in the title, but even more dramatic, just an idea anyway. keep up the good work!

Kei-Acedera
10-18-2007, 03:55 AM
The city looks really cool Fernando! Keep it going!!

mdavid
10-18-2007, 11:02 AM
I really like where this is heading. I guess you'll be having little bits of moonlight reflecting off the tops of the butler's head and Dalila's hair? I really like how the composition is working too. Fantastic update

plasteredcat
10-18-2007, 11:48 AM
This is coming along very nicely Fernando... I just love the Butler pose, such a dedicated profesional, he is ;)

Jassar
10-18-2007, 12:52 PM
Lol, great updates dude :applause: , so u changed the robot buttler eh? he's cool....

Russel-Nash
10-18-2007, 04:34 PM
Wow, this is coming along very nice. I love it. :love:

I think the butler looked better with his eyes open. But that are just my 2 ct.

Way to go. :arteest:

Torsten

icedeyes
10-18-2007, 04:43 PM
Hey Fernando,

The lady and butler look great as well as the atmosphere of the whole piece... one thing you should condiser is maybe adding a little bit of dof and maybe some haze in the back to mix the elements...

Keep it up my friend,
George

frameboX
10-18-2007, 07:52 PM
wow, this is getting more and more detailed. I really like the moonlight feeling!

walrus
10-18-2007, 08:09 PM
It's looking really nice, Ferx. The color palette works really well for a moonlit night.
Egelvidio seems a bit short once plced in your scene: In the sketch he's got quite long legs (which I liked) but if he were stantding in the boad, his feet would be going through the floor. And if Delila were to stand up straight, it seems as though she'd be a lot taller than he. That's okay, if you want him to be short, but from your sketch it hadn't looked so.

Also - and very sorry to not have noted this earlier - the cat up above looks like we're seeing it from almost a side view, even though it's way overhead. It's a bit trickier, but maybe a more underside angle on the cat would fit its position better? (I know it's late and that's not an easy angle to draw, just thought I would point it out.

Anyhow, good luck with all the finishes!

Ferx
10-19-2007, 09:25 AM
Ralph - Thanks my friend!! Your cool humor is always a great support By the way, I am a little concerned, I believe that the Elvis plumbers were carried the crocodiles, for the new leather jacket of the King (Elvis, for sure!!) .... hahahahaha :D

Martin - Really thanks for your kinds words my friend!! Cheers

Fernando - Thanks friend. I'm not yet decided whether to Elgevidio leaves with their eyes open or not, I am concerned that it does not note the nervous expression, so I did a test with a more butler attitude . Thanks again for your support and encouragement my friend!

Jeff - Thanks my friend !! The eyebrows suggestion its great I´m try that for sure ( a nice solution for a far detail ) And again really thanks for all of your great support my dear friend (We will have to drink a bottle of tequila !! :D )

Kei - Thanks mate for your kind word, i really appreciate it. :)

Mark - Thanks my friend !! Yes, i´m not started to work on the lighting for Dalila and Egelvidio, I´m finishing the crocs and the lobsters. I hope this weekend i can work on the whole lighting on the scene. Again, really thanks for your encouragement my friend!! :)

Raul - Thanks mate!! I´m really glad that you liked Egelvidio pose ( he is such dedicated, because he secretly loves Lady Dalila... :D ) Thanks again my friend!!

Jassar - Thanks my friend!! Yes, i think the robot butler dont match the concept, and Dalila throw it to the crocs....:D

Torsten - Thanks friend!! Yep, the nervous attitude its nice, I make a new try on that. Again, thanks for your great support and encouragement my friend :beer:

George - Thanks my friend !! You are right, i like the haze idea, for sure i follow your suggestion. Sincerly thanks George for take time to support me, I really appreciate it my friend! :)

Till - Thanks mate! An honor for me that you liked the moonlight atmosphere ! Thanks !:)

Mike - Thanks mate for your kind words and support ! You are totally right about Elgevidio and Dalila. Agree with you that Elgevidio looks better with long legs, and surely follow your suggestions. About the cat, you are right again, and really thanks to point this to me, I hope have a time to correct the perspective angle on the cat. Again, really thanks for your great support and encouragement, a really honor for me :)

Ferx
10-20-2007, 10:16 AM
http://assets.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/19/12700/12700_1192875360_medium.jpg (http://assets.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/19/12700/12700_1192875360_large.jpg)

After a hard work to make the crocodiles cooperate :D, I have finally all the elements and actors on the scene.
The next phase is to work on the lighting for the characters and the lighting on the whole concept.

Ferx
10-20-2007, 10:20 AM
Sorry:blush: , I dont comment in the last update that i put Elgevidio again with open eyes and on more nervous attitude :D

musi
10-20-2007, 11:26 AM
Wow, it's so nice to see all the elements together!
I guess you are going to add some atmospheric effects, like fog, and may be some depth of field?
Looks very good, Fernando! :D

Russel-Nash
10-20-2007, 01:38 PM
Great to see all the elements in place. :thumbsup:

This is coming along very nice. :bounce:

Torsten

Hiun
10-20-2007, 02:08 PM
Nice nice Ferx my friend! :thumbsup: Keep it going! :bounce: You have my best wishes

Korendo
10-20-2007, 02:46 PM
Hey Ferx,

Bon appetit, dinner is prepared! This fine cuisine is by reservation only. Ah it is really good to see this come together so well! :)

AxelAlonso
10-20-2007, 06:21 PM
Hola Fer! Love the lobster and just my style fresh ! hahaha! I am happy to see them all there!:thumbsup::scream:...the layout looks great! and the boat works perfectly with the water so far, like the aligator guys they should have diferent spots to notice them from others I think... but GREAT WORK!

VAMOS! ya casiiiii! aaaa cafeee:rolleyes: esta quedando MUY padre ! super Fer sigale

Maxter
10-20-2007, 06:29 PM
Great design Fernando...good lighting and sharpness
I like the details... the cat walking over the sewer, water relections, gothic-futuristic environment... really great work!!:thumbsup:

Ferx
10-21-2007, 09:35 PM
Sasha - Thanks my friend! Yep, i´m thinking on more haze on the city and some clouds on the top of the buildings, depth of field sounds good, perhaps add an other far buildings with DOF. Again, really thanks for your encouragement!! :)

Torsten - Thanks friend I´m glad you liked the composition ! I need to put speed on it :)

Kamal - Thanks my friend for your great encouragement!! :)

Ralph - Thanks mate !! You ever have a really nice and funny comment !! :D I like that. Again, thanks for your support my friend!

Axel - Gracias amigo!! You are right, I´m will try to make the alligators different each one of the other (and I not named them yet .... mmmm... :D ) Again, thanks for all of your great support my friend!! Cheers!! :coffee de olla: :D

Fabio - Thanks mate!! I´m really glad that you liked the overall concept. Thanks for your kind words, I really appreciate it. :) ( Y mucha suerte con tu animación, el concepto y tus diseños estan geniales!! )

Jeffparadox
10-21-2007, 09:54 PM
Fernando nice update amigo, it's all coming together! Can't wait for the details, this will be a fast week for you :O My suggestion would be working on water surface to get away from that smudgyness a little I guess. Reference images are always a great help too. run run run...

if u get thirsty :beer:

soapy
10-22-2007, 09:00 PM
Great progress Ferx. It looks like you are headed towards a really fine finish. Go man, go.

Korendo
10-23-2007, 03:46 AM
Hi Fernando,

Putting on my thinking cap (ouch) it looks like some interaction between boat and water is called for via some ripples and, maybe some transparency to the water showing the water’s distortion of the submerged boat. Also fair game is showing parts of the submerged alligators under the water though your angle of view is fairly acute so this ingredient is in the realm of artistic taste or device.

I wonder what ever happened to that strange plumber that used to work in this tunnel?

Hideyoshi
10-23-2007, 11:39 AM
Fun idea! :D
Maybe you could work a little on adding atmospheric haze and strengthen the uniformity of the scene. It still looks a little 'composed' together and the level of detail is too evenly distributed. Hope you understand what I am saying! :) Compositionally, it's just fine!
But as I see you plan to work on the lighting now anyway, I keep my mouth shut and look forward to seeing your progress! :D

UldFerr
10-24-2007, 05:00 AM
Hey Fernando, the scene is looking good, indeed.
For now I think the boat need some "ground". It looks like it's not touching the water.
Good luck my friend and hurry up.

shattered-fx
10-24-2007, 04:37 PM
Hey Ferx,

I really like what youve done on the buildings!!! :thumbsup:.If you will make the same level of details to your foreground then sure this will be a killer !..4 more days to go buddy !:bounce:.

Best regards

-Raffy

Korendo
10-25-2007, 01:30 AM
To echo others, the buildings and overall atmosphere are great.

Kei-Acedera
10-25-2007, 04:01 AM
wow those crocodiles are lucky! Keep it up!

Nemesix
10-25-2007, 10:52 AM
So nice piece, I like the face of the butler, he looks nervous but he knows he cannot run away haha. And the lady, yes, strange nightly activity haha, though I'm sure the crocodriles don't think that *grins* Well done, and the background is great, the buildings and the lights. Thumb up! Good luck in this last days! :D

Ferx
10-26-2007, 12:32 AM
Jeff - Thanks my friend!! You are right, the water reflections of the moon need to be sharp and crispy. The water work is the last stage of the image... and I´m reaching that stage !! :D Again, thanks for your incredible support my friend!!

Soapy - Thanks freind. I´m working extra hours !!! :)

Ralph - Thanks my friend!! Yep, for sure i need rippless, and i dont know anything about the strange plumber, i only jnow that the crocodriles doesnt hungry :D

Lorenz - Really thanks mate!! Yes, you are totally right, and i´m working in the haze and fog for the scene. Your comments allways are welcomed my friend ! Thanks for your great suggestions and for your support! Cheers!! :beer:

Uldison - Thanks my friend. Yes, the water for the sewer is in progres and i hop match the effect with the boat. Thanks again for all of your support my friend!! :)

Raffy - Thanks friend !! Yes... a 4 really short days :D Thanks again for your support !!

Kei - Thanks my friend!! yes, that crocs are really lucky, lobsters for dinner, cool!! :D

Zara - Thanks for your kind words, i really appreciate it!! Thanks!! :)

Ferx
10-26-2007, 12:36 AM
http://assets.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/19/12700/12700_1193358963_medium.jpg (http://assets.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/19/12700/12700_1193358963_large.jpg)

Working on the final details of the whole concept except water ... and need to work fast on the water and reflections :D

mdavid
10-26-2007, 12:45 AM
Looking really good! The red tail lights on the boat are an elegant touch :thumbsup: I'd love to see just a little bit more light on Delila.

I'm thinking this is heading for a superb finish. This is really nice stuff

Jeffparadox
10-26-2007, 02:08 AM
Ferx amazing details man! keep going, i'm loving every bit of it so far :beer: Lighting in this piece is slowly revealing the real quality of the image. Simply, because you've made such extensive sketch research at the beginning. when it's complete it'll be so unique in style and a total eye candy to the viewer at the same time. :applause:

BloodTaster
10-26-2007, 03:11 AM
Hey amigo! How the things are going? I'm enjoying all the details in your work, great job! Maybe you can add more wrinkles on the lady's dress, on the pelvis area. Well, looking foward for the final image!:thumbsup:

Korendo
10-26-2007, 03:57 AM
I am about to get kicked off the web site again at 12 each night! The lighting looks great!

MartinNielsen
10-26-2007, 05:39 AM
Nice lighting effects :thumbsup: The red colors really suits the crocodile :twisted:

Hiun
10-26-2007, 11:04 PM
:thumbsup:Yes my friend, awesome detailing and use of light! I am excited to see your finale!

AxelAlonso
10-27-2007, 03:42 PM
Hola Fer ! were's the butter? haha:thumbsup: Looking awesome! that red light punch fantastic those "cocos" I love the design of the bote's high lights as well! Rita and her sexy white dress its adding a great personality to her!...and the butler looks so cools to haha! the structures are showing a great volume in your composition my friend! :beer:

Ya es bandera blanca apurele!

OKMER
10-28-2007, 12:43 AM
Yeppa buddy!!!wowww this pic evolution is so, so great man!!!Indeed some backlighting on Rita could be cool.Can't wait your final man!Love it!Come on!All the very best to you Fernando!!!:beer:

sadrack
10-28-2007, 02:20 AM
Good luck ferx, you up your level very much with this challenge, te quedo padre, super limpia y atmosferica, lo que mas me gusta es el estilo medio pintura rupestre de los personajes, full mexicano bro. me facina esos detalles de pintura en los personajes.

S.

elmasfeo
10-28-2007, 09:36 AM
I can't add much more to the comments above, your image is looking very good, for me it is the way you did the lighting the best point of your image, it is excellent, and I cant wait to see the water finished!!
my only crit, (but its a minor thing) is that Egelvidio's left hand (our right) is holding the bucket in a strange way I think, fingers doesn't seem to be following the edge of the bucket, or maybe yes, hehe, I dont know...
good luck tocayo que ya quedan pocas noches!!! :scream: Ánimoo!

Ferx
10-28-2007, 12:36 PM
http://assets.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/19/12700/12700_1193575006_medium.jpg (http://assets.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/19/12700/12700_1193575006_large.jpg)

I think I almost finish the concept this is the final previz.

Thanks to all for your incredible support and encouragement. I´m a bit short on time, but later I respond to your kind words!

Again, thanks my friends!!!

Russel-Nash
10-28-2007, 12:48 PM
Hey my friend, your are almost there. Last update looks really cool. :thumbsup:
I am glad you are able to deliver in time.

Torsten :beer:

AxelAlonso
10-28-2007, 01:14 PM
Hola Fer!
Love the water fx! Also the aligators, :wise: or "cocos" they are my pals...so can I have lobster later huh? :).... The red light add so much value to the greens, and danger mood from the behavior Great Idea! Well my friend a great update just do some more magic in that fantastic city and the race its over..hurraay!:buttrock:

Hiun
10-28-2007, 01:29 PM
Great job my friend, just a little more and COMPLETE!:bounce:

SteevieWoo
10-28-2007, 07:19 PM
great stuff Fer!! I see it done... the rest is up to you! three comments BTW...

The Highlights on Elgevidio's (asi se llama?) cheek and ear are aligned with the ark formed by the brown pipe highlight behind him, when I first saw it It seemed to me that he was translucent and you could see the pipe continue behind him... funny optical effect, bit I dont know if there's much to do to fix it .....

and maybe the end of the tunnel could be more foggy, you know, make the lower part of the wall less dark and less contrasted so it seems to be washed more by the yellow light same for the water in that zone...

Lady Dalila's face looks less bright than the guy's face, maybe she could use some more shine on her forehead and cheeks... subtle, not much....

I hope I made myself clear, if I didn't .... well you know where to find me ....:beer:

wow I liked the water effect so much is really nice... lets get done with this.... I can wait to see thew all done!!

AlonChou
10-28-2007, 07:28 PM
Hey Ferx;
it's a intersting work, nice reflaction of the water,
good job! waiting for your final!

best wishs

Alon

kikomunar
10-28-2007, 07:34 PM
Looking good, Ferx! Nice job on the sewer, just love the reflections, refraction and ripples. Maybe just some fogs over the water towards the end of the tunnel. But overall, it's great!

Goodluck to you my friend!

hollietree
10-29-2007, 01:01 AM
great to see the progression of this picture :) i see a lot of improvement!

i think the one thing you need to do is concentrate the attention away from the city, and onto the two characters & crocodiles - maybe a lamp on the boat or something?
good luck!

elmasfeo
10-29-2007, 07:35 PM
well Fer, now you have 2 more weeks to keep working on it, so don't worry! ;)

I was looking at your image and there was something bugging me in the reflections, and I think its the moon: I don't think that the moon's reflection is well placed, in the reflection the moon is between the buildings, maybe it should be more towards the bottom of the image?

hope you don't mind the crit, good luck!! :scream:

musi
10-30-2007, 11:21 AM
Hi Fernando,

It's looking really good, my friend!
I love that reflected light on the bucket with lobsters, and translucency on lobsters bodies, and that red light reflected on servant's pents and pipes! And that water is wonderful! :thumbsup:
I would add some more atmospheric effects, may be some wispy fog in the tunnel. And may be soften a bit shadows on the boat? Just some thoughts :).

Great work, my friend! And with two more weeks to go I am sure it's going to be even better! :D

UldFerr
10-31-2007, 12:02 AM
Fernando my friend, your scene is looking awesome. I love the water and it's intricately crafted reflexions. Well done my friend.

UldFerr
10-31-2007, 12:04 AM
Fernando my friend, your scene is looking awesome. I love the water and the intricately crafted reflexions. Well done my friend.

Korendo
10-31-2007, 01:10 AM
Greetings Fernando,

Only the finest cuisine is formally severed to our sewer carnivores.

Looking good. Some minor observations, the snout of the gator nearest the viewer has a narrower snout than the one near the red light. Some of this a due to perspective, but the wider snout looks more menacing (opinion). The detail for the lobster in the bucket seems very sharp in the detailed version shown earlier but looks softer in the full image (just a function of scale?).

Ditto on the many positive comments. :thumbsup:

BloodTaster
10-31-2007, 02:58 AM
Hey! More two weeks!! lets used!
Its getting great Amigo, the reflections look really cool. I think the arches are a bit to clean..maybe you can add some cracks and dirty, like on the walls. just details.
anyhow, keep it up!
lets drink some caipirinhas! hahaha:thumbsup:

Jeffparadox
10-31-2007, 02:57 PM
wow ferx this piece is burning and turning amigo! I'm impaitent, waiting for your grand finale.

One thing I'd like to point out is water reflections come down in a straight angle, most notably the red treflection from the boat light is coming down with an angle right now, which makes it look a bit unnatural. That's all for now buddy, and you got more time now to detail this thing, awesome!!!

Ferx
10-31-2007, 09:54 PM
Mark - Thanks my friend! I hope the red light dont be a great problem with reflections and attention on the scene. Really thanks for your great encuragement !

Jeff - Thanks my friend! I´m very glad you like the slow (hahahaha) render on my image. I need to be more fast! Thanks again for allof your support and encouragement!

Vinicius - Thanks friend Yep, you are right , the Dalila´s dress need more work Thanks!

Ralph - Thanks my friend! ( and the crocs says the plumber was delicious ! hahahah :D )

Martin - Thanks for your encouragement my friend !

Kamal - Thanks for your kind words my friend. I´m working hard to match your superb concept! :)

Axel - Thanks bro! ... hahahaha, yep i like the retro design on the futuristic concepts... Again a really thanks for support me all the last weekend!! Thanks!

Remko - Thanks my friend ! I´m really appreciate your kind words, and your encouragement is a great motivation to finish this pice!

Gustavo - Thanks bro!! hahahahaha... si, no puedo negar mis raices ! :)

Fer - Gracias tocayo!! for sure i check the Egelvidio´s left hand. Thanks again for your great encouragement my friend!

Torsten - Thanks my friend !! Perhaps with two weeks more I can match your cool illustration ( I hope :D)

--------------------------------------------------

Axel - Thanks my friend ! ... YELLOW FLAG ON RACE !! THE PITS ARE OPEN ... THE PACE CAR IS ON THE TRACK.... TWO WEEKS MORE ! hahahahaha GO GO GO

Kamal - Thanks friend for your kind words!! and now i have more time

Gabriel - Thanks my friend! I´m taking note on your comments! and a really great thanks for the great support on the last stressing weekend .... hahahaha

Alon - Thanks for your kind words mate ! I really appreciate it ! Thanks !

Francisco - Really thanks my friend I´m very glad you liked the concept , and glad you have two weeks to finish your concept ! great!

Hollie - Thanks for your kind words!! Is a nice suggestion, perhaps i have time to try your suggestion :)

Sasha - Thanks my friend!! You are totally right about the fog... is a sure thing on the final image. Again, thanks for your great support and encuragement Sasha !!

Uldison - Thanks my friend ! I´m really glad you liked ! and i hope can match your incredible concept

Ralph - Thanks bro. Yep, you are right, and i´m cheking all of your suggestions. Really a great thanks for the incredible support and encuragement my friend!

Vinicius - Thanks my friend. Yes, the arches are clean, and i´m working on it in this time extension :D Thanks again my friend!! ( and yes, I need a caipirinha! hahahaha)

Jeff - Thanks bro!! Yep you are right, the camera is really near to the red ligth and the reflections dont be in straight angle... ok, working on that !! :) Thanks, really thanks Jeff for your great support my friend!!

Ferx
11-01-2007, 08:14 AM
http://assets.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/19/12700/12700_1193904851_medium.jpg (http://assets.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/19/12700/12700_1193904851_large.jpg)

With the time extension, i decided to work more on the sewer water :D I change too the sewer tunnel, now have a glass texture to put a bit futuristic note on it and added a bit of fog as has been suggested :D

(Dalila, Egelvidio and the crocs dont have the final shade Because I had to work in previous file with some separate layers)

AxelAlonso
11-01-2007, 08:37 PM
Lovely Water! Fer wow!:eek: The light hits the right spots very very KUHL!:thumbsup:...the cristal dome, at the end of the tunnel looks greaat! adds more depth to the composition ! It didn't need more but adds more for sure! So great idea my friend! :thumbsup: I am glad you got more time to finish this like you want it to!

Ya no ocupamos Cafee amigo! solo en las mananas como la gente normal! que espero no seamos mucho! jajaja asi pintamos mejores cosas!:bounce::arteest:

MartinNielsen
11-01-2007, 10:49 PM
Great water achievement. Realistic in a cartoony way. :thumbsup:

mdavid
11-01-2007, 11:36 PM
It's looking fantastic. Excellent work :thumbsup: The sense of depth looking down the tunnel is very impressive too. I love the way this image is developing

Jeffparadox
11-02-2007, 02:14 PM
Bingo! you got it man! Water is looking fantastic... I agree mdavid to the fullest. you never fail to amaze me with your surprising posts, go get em rest of the details dude! I'm just leaning back on my chair and enjoying the show here... :beer:

plasteredcat
11-02-2007, 03:24 PM
Again, great, great piece, a truly extrange behaviour! Congratulations Fernando!:buttrock:

ashiataka
11-02-2007, 04:54 PM
Hi Fernando! While I was looking your thread pages to look your progress again I realize that I've sent no message to you even I was watching your progress as well. Sorry about that! That makes me shame though your great supports to me! Sorry my friend again! I've to say that you've been progressed so well on your concept. The night atmosphere, the city and lights, the sewer tunnel, servant's expression, reflections on the water and all the details are all fits together great. The new details and your works on it as you told at last will give support to your image. I'm looking forward!
Keep it up!
Cheers!

nwiz25
11-03-2007, 04:57 AM
heyy bro!! wonderful update i must say! in fact .. you reallly surprised me with this new one! never imagined it at all! :eek: join the magician's club my friend!:D you certainly fit the bill!
by the way .. a small tip .. let the caustics travel a little on the lady and the butler too .. lets say .. knee length .. also some more caustics on the side of the boat ... see how it works out :)

:applause: really looking forward to the final showdown! you rock bro! :buttrock: god bless ya as always! :love:

Maxter
11-03-2007, 08:06 PM
It looks much better with the water, caustic and fog effects...
Fantastic improvement:thumbsup:

guterrez
11-05-2007, 10:04 AM
hey Ferx, great progress man, good to see you weren`t lazy^^
great attitude of your charaters, but I also think the butlers feet look a bit short...there`d be enought empty space in the boat to lift him up and show his feet more in the middle of it
water is looking cool man, best luck for the last finishing

Ferx
11-07-2007, 09:19 PM
Axel - Thanks my friend ! I glad you liked the tunnel idea, and time to push hard to finish the whole concept :) Again, really thanks for your great support my friend! Cheers!

Martin - Thanks friend for your kind words and encouragement !

Mark - Really thanks my friend! I really appreciate your comments and the visits to the thread! Cheers! :beer:

Jeff - Thanks my friend! I´m really glad you liked the water. I hope the final image can surprise you :) Thanks again for your great support and encouragement bro!! Cheers!

Raul - Thanks my friend for your nice words!! and i hope can match your superb illustration (the devil on love is cool and rules!! :D )

Soner - Thanks my friend! Is for me an honor that you followed the progress on my concept, and your words are an extra motivation to push hard and finish! Really thanks my friend ! Cheers! :beer:

Neville - Thanks my dear friend!! I´m trying to learn magic from a great magician like you bro!. I´m taking notes about your tip, and for sure i try it. Thanks again for your great support and encouragement my friend, you rock :buttrock:

Fabio - Thanks my friend. I´m really glad you liked the water and the fog addition. Thanks for your encouragement ( pos habrá que echarnos unos aguardienticos ! :D )

Mathias - Thanks my friend !! Yep, you are right about the Egelvidio position. I´m working on that. Thanks again for your kind words and great support my friend! Cheers! :beer:
(Are you back from Japan?)

Ferx
11-07-2007, 09:35 PM
http://assets.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/19/12700/12700_1194474895_medium.jpg (http://assets.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/19/12700/12700_1194474895_large.jpg)

Change the Egelvidio´s position, for a more taller butler :D (thanks Mathias) and put Dalila a bit front. More work on the final shades details.

SteevieWoo
11-08-2007, 12:50 AM
Hey Fer cool looking!! the changes work really well. wow the tunnel reflection on the water looks great, really neat!
I think Dalila's forehead doesn't look as dark on the left side as the rest of the head and body, same for the screeen-left breast, both look quite flat, some more shadow will help there, no big deal at all....
Oh and you know?, the butler's right hand is right above of Dalila's hand, and the glove makes it look brighter than her's. you could put down the bright white there so dalila's hand has a darker background and reads better.

Also I will bother you about the red water reflection on the boat again:D

Cheers pal! already there.... ahhhhh.............

Jassar
11-08-2007, 06:59 PM
Hey Ferx! great progress :)
Best wishes man...

AxelAlonso
11-09-2007, 08:31 AM
Hola Fer!
Alright that water looks GREAT! :thumbsup: And the depth in your composition its amazing! Fantastic job! I will agree on the red reflection for the boat as Gabriel suggested, and the wrinkles on the cloth are way much better but they still look a bit stiff since it’s a dress and it's white so the fabric might add a bit more movement...not big dio though! Well its almost over my friend yay!

Looking pretty cool Fer ,:eek:

Ya hay que acabar ohiga!:wip: (http://forums.cgsociety.org/misc.php?do=getsmilies&wysiwyg=1&forumid=0#) Jaja! Si no el Gabriel se acaba las chelas solo!:surprised (http://forums.cgsociety.org/misc.php?do=getsmilies&wysiwyg=1&forumid=0#)

Korendo
11-09-2007, 12:06 PM
Hey Fernando,

Very impressive, I am learning a lot just seeing your approach. One very small suggestion is maybe lower Dalila's hairline or bangs forward (slightly more hair covering more of her forehead). This is the classiest sewer ever, and with room service.

elmasfeo
11-10-2007, 01:58 PM
maybe you could add a bit more shadows on the left bottom corner, specially below the boat, o maybe not hehehe... ah, and I think that theoretically the red light shouldn't reflect backwards, in the direction of the tunnel, but it looks good, and other than that it's looking very good, the water effect just above the top croc is amazing!!! :scream:

Gooooood job!!! :beer:

Nomad
11-10-2007, 05:54 PM
Hey this a great image :applause: feeding the crocodiles with high class food, cool idea haha :bounce:

Good luck in the final steps :buttrock:

BlackCandy
11-10-2007, 11:50 PM
Hola Fer! Very good job! you are doing a fantastic job in bringing all your ideas alive! I like the boat's design its very "art deco" meets "Fash Gordon" style! :scream:The characters look very unique! Love the alligators! They are so spoiled! Good for them! And over all looks dark and nice!! I like that city!:twisted:

guterrez
11-11-2007, 08:41 AM
good work on the faces, now they have more volume
the lightning is really cool, especially on and around the Butler
his feet look still too short; you could change this with a little trick imo: right now the boat looks like it lies directly on the surface of the water, but boats normally lie deeper under the water, it needs more draught (hope this makes sense for you^^) some waves around the bottom side and it looks like swimming and less floating
and now gogogo

oh and yes, I`m back from Tokio; like I said I drank a Bootle of Sake for you (maybe it were 6 bottles in the end, can`t really remember that night)

Ferx
11-12-2007, 06:08 AM
http://assets.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/19/12700/12700_1194851333_medium.jpg (http://assets.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/19/12700/12700_1194851333_large.jpg)

Ok, this is a detail on the finished concept :D

Art2
11-12-2007, 06:40 AM
Very nice image Ferx!
Really love those crocs.
And those two don't seem scared at all.. Strange :)

Maybe add more water reflections, also on the woman's chest, and the wall?

SteevieWoo
11-12-2007, 07:13 AM
What!? but Egelvidio is supposed to be scared, Isn't he?? ... mmm maybe tou could twist the rising eyebrow a bit to show him tense... I don't know...
Oh... I seee you left the boat's blue line underwater.... it's OK, it's well repalced by the new ripples...

I don't know what to say about the colder palette... The previous warmer one was good too... I like both....
maybe the cold one makes more sense, but any of them is just nice....
Oye Y pasa a explicarle a fernado elmasfeo que es una chela, no seas gacho:D... hoy vi su 'final' (sweeeeeet stuff...) y andaba algo confundido con eso :D:D:D

Salú fer.... ya acabamos.......
:deal::beer::applause:

Ferx
11-12-2007, 11:20 PM
Gabriel - Thanks my friend for all of your help and great suggestions. You are right, I´m puting more shade on Dalila´s forhead and breast. Ok reducing bright on the caustic refelections. Again really thanks for all of your support my friend. Cheers! :beer:

Jassar - Thanks my friend for your kind words!

Axel - Gracias amigo! I´m glad you liked the preview and thanks for your great suggestions my friend! (Si, ya me urge acabar esto, antes de que me vuelva loco :D )

Ralph - Thanks my friend, your words are a extra motivation to push hard and finish the concept. Really really thanks for your great support and encouragement my friend (and i followed your suggestion about Dalila´s hair, thanks! :) )

Fer - Thanks my friend. I´m really glad you liked the water. You are right about the back red reflection on water, but is a nice dramatic touch. Again really thanks for your encouragement tocayo ( y tendremos que bebernos algun día unas chelas bien frías :beer: )

Maciej - Thanks mate! Its an honor that you liked the concept. Thanks for your kind words, I really appreciate it. :)

Dulce - Muchas gracias!! I love your description of the boat design!!: "art deco" meets "Flash Gordon style" hahahaha really cool! Thanks for your kind words and encouragement, a nice detail!! :)

Mathias - Thanks my friend!! Yes, you are right and surely I follow your suggestion.
6 sake bottles?? hahahahah for sure you had a nice hangover :D Again, really thanks for your great support and for the sake!! Cheers my friend!! :beer: (beer is great for the hang over )

Marlon - Thanks mate for your kind words. You are right, perhaps I need a more scared expression on the butler . About the caustic reflections on the walls and Lady Dalila, I tried it but I'm not convinced, puts a busy note on the concept ( I think much reflections on it :sad: ) Again, really thanks for your support and encouragement mate!! I really appreciate it.

Gabriel (again ) - Thanks friend! Yes, you are right. Ok, that is the last change on the concept, ok ok (I hope ). About the palette, i think the blue works well for the night and for a bit more sordid atmosphere. Thanks again! (Ya te debo varias chelas :D )

Ferx
11-13-2007, 12:59 AM
http://assets.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/19/12700/12700_1194919160_medium.jpg (http://assets.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/19/12700/12700_1194919160_large.jpg)

This is my last and really last change.. :D (I hope) A bit more fear on the Egelvidio´s expression

Ferx
11-13-2007, 01:07 AM
http://assets.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/19/12700/12700_1194919644_medium.jpg (http://assets.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/19/12700/12700_1194919644_large.jpg)

A detail view on the main building

Ferx
11-13-2007, 01:14 AM
http://assets.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/19/12700/12700_1194920076_medium.jpg (http://assets.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/19/12700/12700_1194920076_large.jpg)

A view on the sewer tunnel

Ferx
11-13-2007, 01:18 AM
http://assets.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/19/12700/12700_1194920337_medium.jpg (http://assets.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/19/12700/12700_1194920337_large.jpg)

... and the crocs :D

Ferx
11-13-2007, 04:07 AM
http://assets.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/19/12700/12700_1194930468_medium.jpg (http://assets.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/19/12700/12700_1194930468_large.jpg)

------------------------------------

LOBSTERS FOR DINNER – The story -

IN THE KITCHEN

Lobsters again! Will they ever get bored of lobsters? I am certainly bored of cooking them! I never thought that those crustaceous would scare me that much. Every time Lady Dalila asks for lobsters for the feast she will throw, a terrible panic enters into my bones. Why did I despise the army? By this time I would probably be a Captain and would still have the now lost hair … and all because of lobsters! I should have entered into the space program, like my cousin, the one who have succeeded in life, but no, I had to choose to be a butler, and all because of Dalila. Why did I secretly fall in love of a Lady?!

Had I known her affection for lobsters, I would have chosen a less risky profession; I don’t know, maybe the bomb squad team, yes! that would have been easier.

(Radio communication sound)

- “Egelvidio, are the lobsters ready?”
- Yes my lady
- “Very well, prepare the boat. Today’s dinner will be on sector 15”
- Correct my lady

(Communication ends)

Sector 15… uhhh there’s where the biggest ones are. Courage Egelvidio, courage! Half bottle of whiskey should help... no, no, something stronger, yes, tequila, glu, glu, glu… a bit more... glu, glu, glu. It doesn’t seem to work... I hate lobsters!!!

(Radio communication sound)

- “Egelvidio, I am ready, please pick me up at the dock in 5 minutes”
- Yes my lady.

(Communication ends)

Come on Egelvidio, what are you a man or a mouse? …. I want to be a mouse!

IN THE DOCK

- We are ready to go my lady
- Good Egelvidio, I see you found good size lobsters
- Yes my lady, I do get preferential treatment at the market (I hate buying lobsters in the market!!!)
- Off we go then, to sector 15, they are waiting for us.

ON ROUTE

“I only stand lobsters because of Dalila, always beautiful, with so much class, but I don’t know how long I will stand her affection of throwing these lobster feasts, and to make things even worse, today is full moon, and her guests get very active and voracious…. Don’t think Egelvidio, just don’t think!”

- What are you mumbling about Egelvidio? Nervous again? Ha ha ha ha ha. Do not worry, you will never get invited into these dinners, you are my butler (winking eye). I prefer that you attend my guests”

“I don’t know what makes me more nervous, the lobsters, or Dalila! I still remember the night that a detective with a Humphrey Bogart style joined her into one of her dinners. Dalila came back alone. Bahh… stop thinking stupid things, surely the detective cowardly asked her to drop him in the first dock they passed”

THE DINNER

- Stop the boat Egelvidio, here they come, I don’t want you to hurt them
- As you wish my lady (to hurt them?? She must be joking!!)
- Give me a lobster Egelvidio
- Yes my lady, here you are (I certainly have earned every penny of my salary and every bottle I have drank with this!!!)
- Come little one, come here, look what I have for you, a delicious lobster!!

“Little, little is this boat!!! That little lizard is at least 17 feet long, and here they come another two…”

- Give me more lobsters Egelvidio, and stop trembling, what can such sweet and lovely crocodiles do to you?
- Yes my lady.

“What can they do to me?” More likely is what I did to them! I have never regretted more the day I threw into the drain the dozen baby crocodiles that uncle Gumersindo gave me and my cousin on that Christmas, when I was only 12. But who would have thought that they would survive and get to grow this big! The fact that Dalila found them and turned them into her toys is simply the worst punishment. Now you know why I hate lobsters so much!”

---------------------

This is the end of the story, and I think that the strange behavior was the evolution of the idea, starting with ants and flying lizards, to finish with crocodiles in a art deco retro futuristic sewer. I always liked the atmospheres style on film noir and science fiction environments, and that was the inspiration that I decided on this concept (where once again the butler is the culprit).

Finally, I want to acknowledge the great opportunity to have shared this great experience with excellent artists and people who have the same passion (CGsociety rules!!). It has been a wonderful journey to view many artistic expressions and so much quality, see the different approaches to the topic and the different styles printed on each work and the best thing is the atmosphere of friendship and good criticism to be living on the challenge. I think the share and make available to others in advancing our work, pushes us to do better and really is more fun than working alone. For me to have participated in this challenge with you was truly an honor and the best prize.

I want to thank all the people who visited my thread and all those who helped me and encouraged during this challenge, I really appreciate it.

And I am especially grateful with: Jeff, Mark David, Axel, Gabriel, Mathias (guterrez), Ralph, Neville, George, Torsten, Fernando (elmasfeo ... and the only: D), Sasha, Uldison, Vinicius, Remko, Tiziano, Francisco, Jassar, Martin, Raul, Ramon, Gustavo, Kei, Maciej, Soner, Juan Pablo and Soapy. Thank you so much friends, for all your kind comments and for your incredible support throughout the challenge. You rock my friends!!

And now ... finally ... beers and tequila for all, yeaaaaaa!!, this round is on my own! Cheers mates!!
See you in the next challenge, if not before!

Fernando Porcel - FERX

AxelAlonso
11-13-2007, 05:08 AM
:eek::bounce::applause::thumbsup: You FINISH congratulations!:thumbsup::applause::bounce::eek:

I love it , me want lobster to! poor Egelvidio he is the toy of dear Dalila, I like her! Great FINALE! I like all the job you have done in this great art piece! a must see for strange behavior challenges and I think you won already in your own portafolio! for sure this is great! all the style its very much a season of color and ideas full of life! I am so glad to see you here at the end of the line with such a great inspirational ilustration! Yay!

Exelent end ! very enjoyable!

guterrez
11-13-2007, 06:04 AM
I have to agree with AxelAlonso, you brought this scene to life with many little details and a very interesting composition
story is weird in a good way, poor Egelvidio^^
gratulations Ferx, you did a great job

Me also wants Lobster now, Lobster for all!!! Lobster and beer, mhhh...

plasteredcat
11-13-2007, 08:58 AM
Once again, excellent job Fernando, very very well done ...:applause:

Jeffparadox
11-13-2007, 02:15 PM
Hahahahahaha! Awesome finale Fernanado! I loved your story, read it fast with joy, made me laugh out loud... You are a story-teller with both writing and painting skills...

Man, just want to say that you've put an incredible amount of work and thinking into this image, which I admire, and you've managed to pull it off with a high quality and a sound style. It's one thing to watch an image evolve, it's another thing to watch someone experiment hard-core on a subject like you do. I think this is a very important approach, because we are being fed with so much similar artwork and products, it makes us forget sometimes that authentic works take real time and experimenting. One may be a very skillful craftsman, but if that person is producing the same effects with a formula in his\her works, there is not much authenticity left in there... Experimenting runs you out of time sometimes, but I think this challenge was a great example for all of us in our future time-plannings :D

This image has delicious lighting and mood. You've captured atmospheric perspective succesfully with your foggy BG cityscape. The style is a well researched combination of various art movements, and your writing could easily make this image a 5min. animated short that would be a real fun to watch.

All in all, I think you've done an excellent job, this was one of the most active and fun to watch threads. It was a real pleasure to work with you, and have your support. Now, if you don't mind, I'll take a big gulp from your tequila - from the bottle of course... :beer:

Best of luck to you with the judging, hope to work with you again...

unf0rg1v3n
11-13-2007, 04:51 PM
Hey man, nice final piece. You did an wasome job with the illustrative feel and the strange behavior is really apparent. And as jeffparadox says, it takes a lot of planing to create artwork in this manner since it has to be thought of very early in the process. so, congratulations on finishing and good luck man!

UldFerr
11-13-2007, 06:37 PM
Hey Fernando, congratulations. You did a terrific job my friend. I love you story and your final piece is really good. It was a pleasure to watch your process. Once again, congratulations and good luck.

elmasfeo
11-13-2007, 07:14 PM
Heeey, congratulations for finishing my friend!!
for me, the best part of your image is the atmosphere you created with the fog, and how you created the depth, the buildings in the background, the lights, the reflections... :drool:

And now, at last, we can celebrate it with unas chelas bien helodias! :beer: or maybe better with something stronger, yes, tequila, glu, glu, glu… a bit more... glu, glu, glu. :D (loved that part, heheee)

elmasfeo
11-13-2007, 07:21 PM
Heeey, congratulations for finishing my friend!!
for me, the best part of your image is the atmosphere you created with the fog, and how you created the depth, the buildings in the background, the lights, the reflections... :drool:

And now, at last, we can celebrate it with unas chelas bien helodias! :beer: or maybe better with something stronger, yes, tequila, glu, glu, glu… a bit more... glu, glu, glu. :D (loved that part, heheee)

mdavid
11-13-2007, 10:22 PM
Hey Fernando, I love your final image. It is beautiful. Dark and edgy but also sweet and poetic. The story behind it is delightful and adds an enjoyable extra depth to the scene.

I agree strongly with Jeff's comments about how you've used this challenge to explore and experiment with new areas. In my opinion that is the hardest thing of all. Because of that approach, this image stands out as something special and fresh and original.

It's been great fun and inspiring watching this image develop. Well done buddy :thumbsup:

varma
11-13-2007, 10:27 PM
Big congrats Fernando for this excellent piece of work! Really amazing atmosphere and
great details all over the image! You have put a great deal of work in this and I'm sure
the judging will definitely notice that! You got my vote too!

Best wishes, and hope to ride along you in the next challenge!

Peace!
:thumbsup:

Korendo
11-14-2007, 01:37 AM
Congratulations Fernando,

It has really been enlightening and fun to share ideas and interact with such a skilled and articulate artist. In your artists statement is the part about “pushes us to do better and really is more fun than working alone” is a point well taken. All the best to you my friend.

SteevieWoo
11-14-2007, 05:35 AM
Damn so late again! sorry I didn't catch you at the msn but I've been really rushed today...

Heck, you've really catch a lot of attention even in this sluggish last days of the challenge, and there's a reason for that... The final image rocks!! the story is great too and now that I know it is Elgevidio the central character I'm glad I bothered you with the expression thing, so you can really dig the complicate feeling he has for the whole situation, and I do! he's one of those victim-villain characters... that's neat! he had it coming from the very start!

Well as everyone said before me, It was a thrill to see this develop, In the end what remains of the first concepts is the moon and the reptilian theme, beyond that, you turned the table completely and never looked back, that's a great quality in this business and a creative force too!

I'm gonna say, (and everybody I've showed you your image agrees with me) that this is an impressive piece, and and not knowing more of your works you really took everyone here by surprise! this was a great time!!

Tequila was a great inclusion in the story too, since this thread seems to be empowered by that mighty muse all the way. So, here's a toast for tequila, for Dalila and For you!

SALÙ FER, A pleasure indeed!! !! !! !!http://www.freesmileys.org/emo/eatdrink007.gifhttp://www.freesmileys.org/emo/eatdrink021.gifhttp://www.freesmileys.org/emo/eatdrink057.gif

Y gracias por todo:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Russel-Nash
11-14-2007, 01:37 PM
You have made it! :bounce:

Great - I mean strange - final image and the story is superb, too.:applause:

It was fun watching your image come to life.

Good luck with the voting.

Torsten :beer:

nwiz25
11-14-2007, 04:52 PM
:buttrock:

C O N G R A T U L A T I O N S

bro!!

:applause::applause::applause:

you the best! n always will be!
everything rocks to the core! the story .. the art .. the characters! hehehehehehe :D
very well done my friend! im glad to have met an artist like u! this challenge once again gave me another generous helping of good friends with talent and emotion!
i'm ever greatful! god bless you bro!
:love:
i wish you good luck!
:thumbsup:

Peter-Eriksson
11-14-2007, 09:33 PM
Good final! Like it :-)
Good luck now!
/peter

http://bombim.com/modo/93x42_modo_maniac.gif

unf0rg1v3n
11-15-2007, 12:21 AM
thanks for the post man! as I said, awsome job on the image, the story and everything else. HOpe it aint the last time I see you in CG talk or any future challenges! best of luck man!

Hiun
11-15-2007, 12:37 PM
You sure followed through on this Ferx. I apologize for my last visit, but it sure is great to see your piece all finished and looking amazing. Your story was definately a great read!!! I really enjoyed it a lot. You added a lot of character to the image with such a great and fun story :D Nice to know that it's not only a Fantastic image but it has a fantastic background! :thumbsup: Congratulations my friend on this beautiful final. I thank you for supporting me throughout this entire challenge and I wish you all the best!!

Ferx
11-16-2007, 03:23 AM
Axel - Thanks my dear friend! Yeaaa I take the chekered flag!! Axel really thanks for your great support and encouragement from the first to last day !! It has been an honor to have shared with you this challenge my friend!! You ever be a great motivation to finish this concept, for sure I debt you a pair of lobsters, cooked on tequila sauce!! Cheers my friend!! y que viva el rockanroll!! :beer:

Mathias (guterrez) - Thanks my friend for your kind words! It has been a great pleasure to have met an artist of great talent like you and a great reward which you supported me in this challenge. And, surely, you are invited to one of the lobsters fests! Cheers my friend! :beer:

Raul - Really thanks for your great support and encouragement my friend!! Cheers!

Jeff - Really, really thanks my friend!! Your final comment is the best reward for me! It has been a great honor to have participated with you in this challenge, and really appreciate all the support and help that you gave me along these days, and I hope to have more opportunities to work with you! (and for drink a big big tequila bottle ) Cheers my friend !! :beer: you rock!

Juan Pablo - Thanks my friend for your kind comment, I really appreciate it!! An honor that a talented artist like you visit my thread. Best whishes my friend and best of luck!! Cheers my friend!! :beer:

Uldison - Thanks my friend!! I hope can match your incredible art work my friend!! Thanks for your great support and encouragement!! Cheers my friend !! :beer:

Fer - Gracias tocayo!!. For sure we need to celebrate our finish with a lot of "chelas bien muertas" mixed with something more strong...... a lot of tequila!! Thanks my friend for your incredible support and encouragement!! Cheers my friend! :beer:

Mark - Really thanks my friend!! Your comments throughout the challenge were a great motivation and your wonderful concept an inspiration to push hard on my own work.
An honor and a pleasure to have participated in this challenge with a great artist like you! Cheers my friend!! You rock!! :beer:

Mathias (varma) - Thanks my friend!! I´m really glad that you liked very much the concept!! And an honor and a pleasure to have shared this challenge with you!! And for sure I ride along you in the next challenge !! Best whishes and best of luck my friend! Cheers!! :beer:

Ralph - Thanks my friend!! You puts a great motivation on me with your wonderful comments my friend!! It is a great honor to have participated in this incredible journey with you my friend ( and I´m a core fan of the Presley Plumbers!! because the King is THE KING ) Cheers my friend!! :beer:

Gabriel my man! - Thanks my friend!! I have no words to thank all the tremendous support that you gave me from the beginning until the end of this challenge. It has been a great honor for me to have supported such incredible artist as you. This challenge was a really wonderful journey and having seen the development of your concept, a great experience. You rock my friend!! ( En verdad muchas gracias por todo tu apoyo Gabriel y tendremos que echarnos un buen pomo de tequila !! Salú!!) :beer:

Ferx
11-16-2007, 05:33 AM
Torsten - Thanks my friend!! An honor that you liked the concept!! Really thanks for all of your support and encouragement my friend ( and Mexico are waiting you with many tequila bottles over the table :D) Cheers my friend! :beer:

Neville - My dear magician and my dear friend!! Man, you are a totally inspiration for this concept I´m very grateful to met a great artist and a such great person like you my friend! You really are the best! I admire your great talent and your incredible support with your fellow mates :) You really rock!! I wish you the best my dear friend!! God bless you!!

OKMER
11-16-2007, 06:17 AM
Fernando my friend!!!You made it!And such a great finish man!I was really cool to see all the evolutions your pic passed by!And the finish is great, between the different things you've tried, you picked out the right one!
Thank you very much for your support man!!!
Hope to be by your side too next time again and I wish you all the very best on the final judging!!!
:beer:

Ferx
11-16-2007, 06:46 AM
Peter - Thanks for your kind words!! Good luck with your superb concept mate!! Cheers !!:beer:

Juan Pablo- Thanks again my friend !! Cheers! :beer:

Kamal - Thanks my friend!! Thanks for your great support and encouragement!! It was a really honor and a pleasure to have shared this challenge with you!! I wish you the best! You rock my friend!! Cheers :beer:

Jassar
11-16-2007, 08:09 AM
Congrats man! it's been a great challenge :)
See you in the next one man :thumbsup:

JurajMolcak
11-16-2007, 09:07 AM
Hey Ferx, I finally have time to comment your entry so I am doing this right now. Cool finish. Very strange behavior indeed, especially when you see it in continuity with futuristic enviroment and mood. Good job. Good luck!

nethken
11-16-2007, 07:08 PM
Great stuff! Love it, very well rendered and painted etc. Great idea too! Best of luck with the competition :D

Ferx
11-17-2007, 06:53 AM
Remko - Thanks my friend! Indeed, it was a great honor to have participated with you in this challenge. You are a great inspiration.Thank you for all the support they gave me, I really appreciate it. You rock my friend! And will be a plesure to be on your side in the next challenge! Cheers my friend! :beer:

Jassar - Really thanks my friend!! Thanks for all of your support and encouragement! Best wishes and surely we will meet again at the next challenge!! Cheers my friend!! :beer:

Juraj - Thanks for your kinds words mate, I really appreciate it. I wish you the best luck! Cheers!! :beer:

Kenneth - Thanks mate!! I´m really glad that you liked the concept!! Good luck with your awesome concept!! Cheers! :beer:

laurentino
11-17-2007, 02:09 PM
Hi Fernando!

i want to thank you for your comment in my thread ...... thanks a lot.
It made me very happy and more confident with my stuffs ..... and i have to say ... i like tequila more than caipirinha .... hehehe

and whata a piece you have here!
i loved the story .... poor Egelvidio ^^
the water is amazing .... the bright of the moon... the atmosphere .... everything is great! =)
the expression of Egelvidio is telling exactly what are his feelings!
congratulations man!

good luck to you
and cheers for us =)

PinkParasol
11-17-2007, 03:33 PM
Hey Fernando, your final image is amazing! I really love all of the small details you added to give the image life and character. The kitty is a very nice touch! Congratulations!

Ferx
11-19-2007, 06:26 PM
Filipe - Thanks my friend for your kinds words, I really appereciate it! For sure is time to celebrate with a big tequila bottle!! :D Again, thanks for your support!! Cheers mate!! :beer:

Annie - Really thanks!! I´m glad you liked the concept. Thanks for your support! :)

Kei-Acedera
11-20-2007, 04:40 AM
Nicely finished Fernando! The background turned out just nicely! BEst of luck!

Ferx
11-22-2007, 05:47 PM
Kei - Really thanks for your kind words and for your support, I really appreciate it! :)

Pixeltuner
11-23-2007, 09:11 AM
Hey crocodile guy! I really like how your image turned out. The lobster feeding is a great touch, and I like the vector-ish background. Great job!

gingi
11-27-2007, 08:05 AM
hihihihiiii :) nice one!
what really gets me going is the background, the arc.design is awsom! :) hope to see you in the nex challange and jep, cheers!

Feline168
11-27-2007, 08:40 AM
I love the final result
The color tone is very poetic
I like the reflections in the ripples,Very realistic
Also,the background and the black cat add a mystic touch to it,
Good Luck!

Rianti-Wong
11-29-2007, 02:50 AM
Wow! I really love the color...as well as the building detail in the background!
Good work :)

regards,

trickmonkey
11-29-2007, 03:02 AM
thanks mate!
Love your concept too. mmmmmm....lobster.

painpainting
11-29-2007, 01:18 PM
Damm, really great artwork, congratulations!! Love the idea and the final result :thumbsup:

Would like to see what happens if she maybe gets bored and pushes the butler overboard... but of course she would never such a thing - or would she?

Wish you good luck with your image!

-----
Arne

>> Strange Behavior (Illustration) (http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?f=225&t=518556)

Ferg0
11-29-2007, 05:32 PM
Congrats on a great entry! Love that you included a story as well, and the fact it is completely random and off-the-wall appeals to me even more.

Well developed and thought out and it shows in the end result, well done!

Pixeltuner
11-29-2007, 06:28 PM
I forgot to mention good luck in my last post :) And thanks for your nice comments bro, I'm glad that the atmosphere I tried to convey turned out right.

Smik
12-01-2007, 09:36 AM
Hi Fernando! I saw all you sketches of your wip and your choice is great! :thumbsup: It's very nice illustration and so strange. :applause:

johnstrieder
12-12-2007, 08:04 PM
Good luck to you! :-)

element5
12-20-2007, 11:23 AM
Finally I get to comment.... internet problems.

Great image love the humor.... good luck friend :thumbsup:

Cheers
Mark

CGTalk Moderation
12-20-2007, 11:23 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.