PDA

View Full Version : File Import Mel window?

FatherGlory
03-20-2003, 10:14 PM
I seen a script like this used when people do them for Demoing Maya. But for some reason can't find it on Highend 3D.

I am looking for a script to open a window that has buttons. And once I click on the button it imports the file that I put in the mel file.

Example:

A script were I can adjust and edit. Lets say I am doing a modular nieghborhood level. I could have a button labeled in " Fence " or " Tree Oak " or " Mail Box "....etc.

I tried writing one myself and most everything working just fine except I couldn't figure out how write the tags proper to import a file when I click the button.

Any mel scripts out there do this or anyone care to share there's if they have something like this?

bigfatMELon
03-21-2003, 09:37 PM
You can do this be using this command on a button, menu item or whatnot.

"file -import -type \"mayaAscii\" -gr -rpr \"nameOfYourFile\" -options \"v=0\" \"completePathToYourFile\";"

If you use Binary, then also change the file type as needed.

-jl

X-Tender
03-21-2003, 10:57 PM
you must remember if you use the import function .. the textures stay in the source folder and only the path is changing to the textures .. but there are some tricky ways to change it .. if you need it i can tell it you ..

i working on an prefab library where you can export selected objects with all textures the object is using.

also import work now perfect ;)

and if you import 3 or100 times the same object you get 100 double meterials usaly .. but i make a script that klii this double stuff ;)

k, i see i'am talking to much about something you dont wanted to know .. sorry :wip:

FatherGlory
03-22-2003, 05:19 AM
Thanks guys!

bigfatMELon : Thanks man. I put that after -command and it worked just fine!
:applause:

X-Tender: Those are some good ideas. If and when you get the stuff going would you mind posting it? It would be cool to get rid of all those duplicate materials.
:beer:

Thanks for your help, much apreciated!

X-Tender
03-22-2003, 11:33 AM
the script is ready and work bout 99,9% .. so i must shape a little bit on it ...

X-Tender
04-02-2003, 10:22 AM
i only wanted to say that the script is ready .. so if you need it ... take it =D .. the URL is in my sig ;) ... xt_materialshaver

CGTalk Moderation
01-14-2006, 05:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.