03-29-2003, 08:06 AM
{EDIT}
Sorry, I changed my mind again!
{EDIT}
Check below please.

wildsheepchase
03-29-2003, 08:14 AM
LOL@static man!:applause:
I can relate to the poor guy. Ever since I moved to Arizona, I think I get at least fifteen static shocks per day. I've even heard of people spontaneously combusting at gas stations due to static electricity lighting gas fumes.
Cool concept with a lot of potential...I can't wait to see some more sketches:beer:

dinlenmis
03-29-2003, 09:39 PM
He is rather a tragic guy! I wonder what does he do as a hero.

dmcgrath
04-24-2003, 11:11 PM
Okay, this is the final character I promise.

The Gecko!
He is a rather hapless hero. But I let you be the judge.

He is an engineer with an obsession for the little green guys. His suit is home made, green spandex mostly. His suit is custom fit but he hasn't worked out the sticky hands and feet part yet. So he has to carry a backpack with him that has rolls and rolls of double-sided tape, replacing it on his hands and feet regularly. The only ingenious part of his suit is the use of custom plastic bubble lenses that let him take in his surroundings at a 180 deg. radius.
http://www.spatiallight.net/challenge/geckoBW.jpg

About the image, so far I only have it drawn in blue pencil, so I scanned most of it and messed with the levels so you would be able to see it on you monitors at home. The size is about 11x17 in. And I want to make it like a comic book cover. The inspiration comes from one of my all time favorite covers of;
Peter Parker the Spetacular Spiderman #1

Here is the link to ish. 1 (http://www.milehighcomics.com/cgi-bin/backissue.cgi?action=fullsize&issue=60930948398%201)

dmcgrath
04-25-2003, 07:45 PM
Next step. sorta. All pencils done, and ink is on. Microns are the best pens. I'll work on line weight and then pray I have enough time to finish the coloring before the end of the challenge.

item removed

dmcgrath
05-01-2003, 06:14 AM
Here is the final piece. The clouds and city were added in a hurry. I just rendered some blocks for the city pieces, and then copy and pasted them alot. I hope it looks good.

Good luck to everyone in the vote! :beer:

http://www.spatiallight.net/challenge/theGecko.jpg

wildsheepchase
05-01-2003, 08:15 AM
Good job...I like the character concepts:D I especially like the geckos bug eyes and tongue sticking out:beer:
Good luck:thumbsup:

dmcgrath
05-02-2003, 08:52 AM
Thanks, 'sheep'. I like the gecko's eyes too, I thought it would be funny to make a bug eyed look to the guy. Actually, if you look really close at Mr. Fly's eyes, I have a simple little painting of the gecko in each eye cell also. I thought there would be something neat about that, since that's the way a flys eye really works.

LIMBAUL_ABIGGOR
05-24-2003, 02:04 PM
hey thats cool , it reminds me of the tick nice work

dmcgrath
05-26-2003, 08:10 AM
Thanks for the comment. I too love The Tick. I have always been a fan of Ben Edlund's work. So yeah, there is a lot of his influence there.

cheers

-dan

CGTalk Moderation
01-14-2006, 06:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.