PDA

View Full Version : Strange Behavior (Animation) Entry: Stéphane Brouty

Zapan
06-25-2007, 12:25 PM
Stéphane Brouty is entered in the "Strange Behavior Challenge" update: View Challenge Page (http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/strange_behavior/view_entries.php?challenger=12608)

Latest Update: Modeling: Orthographic views
http://assets.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/18/12608/12608_1185575156_medium.jpg (http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?p=4550043#post4550043)

Zapan
06-25-2007, 12:26 PM
w00t !!!

Best of luck everyone !

Intervain
06-25-2007, 12:26 PM
AWESOME!!! Nice to see ya here Stephane :D... getting interesting already - GOOD LUCK!:bounce:

SweD
06-25-2007, 12:33 PM
Hey Stephane, cool to see you around ! I really hope you can find time to bring this one to the end !
Best of Luck.
:)

gpepper
06-25-2007, 12:34 PM
Mouahahahah !
the team is in ! Those who never finish their challenge salute you !

:)

SONIC-X
06-25-2007, 12:45 PM
What's up buddy?

Best of luck this time around.

See ya later.

flaeticia
06-25-2007, 01:04 PM
w00ty :D
hey boy :)

very happy to see u there :D

its nice to see again, that u will be not finish it :D
ahahahahahah ;)

joke of course :)

hope u win off course, and see u on the msn space

Cya Kisses

DimitrisLiatsos
06-25-2007, 02:23 PM
:bounce: boing ! :bounce: boing ! :bounce: boing ! :bounce: boing !

scootermaya
06-25-2007, 03:12 PM
:bounce: The best of the best of the best, sir! :bounce:

Claireabella
06-25-2007, 03:15 PM
Best of luck for the challenge! Enjoy! :thumbsup:

MichaelZHsee
06-25-2007, 03:36 PM
thanks for the wish mate,i wish u all the best too:)good luck

arturro
06-25-2007, 03:47 PM
what to say let's rock :buttrock:

collings
06-25-2007, 03:53 PM
Hi Stephane, Good luck on this challenge. Looking forward to see your progress :thumbsup:

Gunilla
06-25-2007, 04:33 PM
WEEEeeee..... so cozy to have you here :)

Nothingness
06-25-2007, 05:12 PM
make us proud

DaddyMack
06-25-2007, 07:20 PM
The smile on my face is huge right now (5am) thinking that I get to do this with you and the crew again ZAP!

I'll be watching your every move:wise:

Zapan
06-25-2007, 09:53 PM
@ Intervain : hey Mag , thx a lot , will try to do my best .... to at least finish something :D

@ SweD : hey Cyril , thx a lot mate , and I really hope too !

@ gpepper : arf it's true , but I will try to do my best this time !

@ SONIC-X : heya Corrie , what's up friend ? are you gonna enter this time ?

@ flaeticia : héla ... no wesh wesh in this one !! :scream:

@ DimitrisLiatsos : let's warm the bubbling machine !

@ scootermaya : héhé , thx a lot sieur Scooty !

@ Claireabella : thx a lot for the kind wishes Claire :)

@ MichaelZHsee : Thx for dropping by Michael and for the wishes ! :)

@ arturro : time to remove the dust from the machine I guess ...

@ collings : Aww thx a lot Nico , except it would have been better if you entered...

@ Gunilla : wee ,wee thx a lot Gunie dear .... , tim to get back on serious stuff

@ Nothingness : wow ... a lot of pressure on my tiny shoulders now

@ DaddyMack : ahaha , and you should see me inhuman grin right now ... let's the party begins

Ok , some thoughts until now :

-A young scientist guy built a pair of wings and try to fly with it .... a couple of pigeons are laughing like crazy ...

-A macho guy 's hitting on some girls in the park , his girlfriend is behind him , she's looking mad .

Have to sleep on these ... maybe I will have some other ideas tomorrow ...

Let me know what you guys think of !

cheers ,

-Zapan

monsitj
06-26-2007, 02:45 AM
hey! mate! very glad to see you again here! wait for super high detail modeling ! scientist concept seems cool for your modeling style , good luck and have fun!

mdavid
06-26-2007, 03:21 AM
Great to see you in this one - your threads have always been lots of fun and full of superb work. I'm not missing out this time - I'm looking forward to watching this develop.

I like the idea of the mad scientist, especially with those amused pigeons watching on

scootermaya
06-26-2007, 06:34 AM
I like the pigeons idea. This can suggest a lot of angles for the camera and a nice range of modeling possibilities.:thumbsup:

Gunilla
06-26-2007, 06:42 AM
Mad scientist sounds excellent - I can already picture him. Funny :D

daWinky
06-26-2007, 07:18 AM
Hi Stéph, great to see you back around for this challenge...and already with good ideas:bounce: !

Looking forward to follow here!

-sabrina

collings
06-26-2007, 07:55 AM
@ collings : Aww thx a lot Nico , except it would have been better if you entered...

i d love too but damn i have no time at all, between my full time job and the freelance stuff the night ! Anyway even when i have some spare time i don't finish my entry tho :D

Zapan
06-26-2007, 10:25 AM
@ monsitj : Yay Monsit !! gtreat to have you here , thx for the wishes and the kind words ... will try to do my best for this one ! cheers mate

@ mdavid : aww thx a lot Mark , glad you like the idea !

@ scootermaya : Heya Scooty , thx man , glad you like the idea ... it's gonna be pretty challenging , but hey I guess I have to warm up the alien a little bit :scream:

@ Gunilla : weee , I kind find the idea funny too , I think I will go with that one ...

@ daWinky : Heya Sabie , great to have you here , Are you gonna participate this time ?

@ collings : rooo , sad to here ... well it's kind of you to drop by anyway !

Ok , I thought about some other ideas , but it seems I kind of enjoy the scientist guy trying to fly the most , so I think I'm gonna go for that one, plus I'm starting to picture it more and more and it might quite funny to make so ...
I'm starting to sketch right now ...
Thx people for the great support .

cheers ,

-Zapan

flaeticia
06-26-2007, 11:03 AM
@ monsitj : Yay Monsit !! gtreat to have you here , thx for the wishes and the kind words ... will try to do my best for this one ! cheers mate

@ mdavid : aww thx a lot Mark , glad you like the idea !

@ scootermaya : Heya Scooty , thx man , glad you like the idea ... it's gonna be pretty challenging , but hey I guess I have to warm up the alien a little bit :scream:

@ Gunilla : weee , I kind find the idea funny too , I think I will go with that one ...

@ daWinky : Heya Sabie , great to have you here , Are you gonna participate this time ?

@ collings : rooo , sad to here ... well it's kind of you to drop by anyway !

Ok , I thought about some other ideas , but it seems I kind of enjoy the scientist guy trying to fly the most , so I think I'm gonna go for that one, plus I'm starting to picture it more and more and it might quite funny to make so ...
I'm starting to sketch right now ...
Thx people for the great support .

cheers ,

-Zapan

ohoh !
it works ;)

cant wait to see this first sketch :D
ahahah:D

on va encore bien se marrer

SONIC-X
06-26-2007, 11:34 AM
(@ SONIC-X : heya Corrie , what's up friend ? are you gonna enter this time )

Yo dude.Just want to come up with an idea before I start a thread.But I'm defenitly in.

Zapan
06-26-2007, 07:49 PM
http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/18/12608/12608_1182887371_medium.jpg (http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/18/12608/12608_1182887371_large.jpg)

A really quick sketch to illustrate what I have in mind ...

A little "genius" is sure to be able to fly with his inventions , except every time he ended directly on the floor... which is really amusing the little birds around. But this time he made the perfect wings , and since he's first testing it in his lab , he decided to rise himself with a rope ...

of course nothing is really defined .

Let me know what you guys think of

cheers ,

-Zapan

Zapan
06-26-2007, 07:53 PM
@ flaeticia : hehe .... I hope so

@ SONIC-X : aaaahhhh , that's definitely great news :bounce:

Err ... at least I have settle down the idea ... I realized that the most difficult will be to not have the cartoonish style (since that's really not my thing) and still have a funny look in the image .... arf challenges ...

cheers ,

-Zapan

ihamid
06-26-2007, 08:01 PM
Zapan ..hi again :bounce: .. nice sketch ..hehe funny expressions there :).
cheers!

SweD
06-26-2007, 08:21 PM
I laugh like the birds :scream: great concept, i like the sketch :thumbsup:

makaron
06-26-2007, 08:45 PM
do birds eat peanuts?.. :bounce:
ops... I forgot the magic word.... Nyark!

arturro
06-26-2007, 08:58 PM
funny, funny, funny :) I like it, love it, wait for it :)
perhaps add some more birds not laughing, but with funny "WTF?" confusion :)

mdavid
06-26-2007, 11:35 PM
Excellent concept sketch. This is going to be brilliant. I especially like the rope idea - I can't help dreading the moment he lets go of that rope - very funny! I also think this kind of scene is going to grab people's attention a lot! You've probably guessed by now that I like it! :)

gpepper
06-27-2007, 06:16 AM
ça va le faire, mec !

scootermaya
06-27-2007, 06:37 AM
Excelent! :scream: :scream:

Elendil_le_Grand
06-27-2007, 07:33 AM
Fun this first sketch :)
Can't wait to see the next ...
Good luck !

DaddyMack
06-27-2007, 11:20 AM
Smile grows wider... LOVE IT!

Zapan
06-27-2007, 11:45 AM
@ ihamid : weee Hamid !! , great to see you here , and glad you like the idea !

@ SweD : héhé , thx a lot Cyril

@ makaron : weeee .... they are just silly birds ... you can feed them with everything ... nyark nyark ... they pretty much make that sound :scream:

@ arturro : aww , thx a lot mate , glad you like it :)

@ mdavid : hey Mark , thx a lot for the kind words , funny/cartoonish isn't really my style so it's gonna be really hard for me to have that funny look ... Feel really happy you like the thing so far .

@ gpepper : thx mate !

@ scootermaya : :scream: ...

@ Elendil_le_Grand : hey Nico , what's up ? are you not entering ? thx a lot anyway.

@ DaddyMack : ahaha , thx a lot Dadda ... :D

Soo... will keep sketching today , starting to think about the design and such. I would like make a general view of the lab for the still picture ... but for the animation , it will be more focused on the birds ... now that I'm thinking about it , 4 months ... not that much time for snoozing after all ...

Thx friends for the wonderful support

cheers ,

-Zapan

Anubis3D
06-27-2007, 02:35 PM
Hey man! Nice idea, and also a great sketch, very funny!

Waiting for more.

Rebeccak
06-27-2007, 05:09 PM
Just here to w00t a little :)

Go Stephounnette!

scootermaya
06-27-2007, 05:31 PM
Mouaarrff ! "Stephounnette" :thumbsup:

Hahahahahaha :scream:

Pooyag
06-27-2007, 06:34 PM
Hey Stephane,

Goodluck with the challege, hope to see better works from you.:thumbsup:

i'll be participating too :)

gpepper
06-27-2007, 07:11 PM
Mouaarrff ! "Stephounnette" :thumbsup:

Hahahahahaha :scream:

Steph have many groupies and Rebecca is their leader.
Am I right Beckie ?

Zapan
06-27-2007, 10:30 PM
http://assets.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/18/12608/12608_1182983436_medium.jpg (http://assets.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/18/12608/12608_1182983436_large.jpg)

Meet Joseph Butterfly ... also better known in his village as Jojo-Mr 100 crashes' man ... He's the heir of a rich family , but he decided to spend all his money to science especially to create an engine able to rise him to the sky. He a real fan of Buzz lightyear ... and also metal music ... oh and also as a decent scientist geek , his haircut is undescribable ... :)

And right below ... his fan club

let me know what you think about it

cheers,

-Zapan

Zapan
06-27-2007, 10:36 PM
@ Anubis3D : thx a lot man , glad you like the idea

@ Rebeccak : and that's the sweetest w00t ever . :)

@ scootermaya : aha .... manly , huh ? :scream:

@ Pooyag : hey mate , long time no see huh ? ... ouh you're entering too ? ah great !

@ gpepper : That's the other way around , she's the star , and I'm the stalker ...

mmh , I just can't wait to launch the polys ... but so many things should be defined first .... err
We will see tomorrow :rolleyes:

cheers ,

-Zapan

ihamid
06-27-2007, 10:36 PM
Joseph Butterfly <-- hilarious heheh thats a good one .. cool sketches . this would be fun when u start modeling them hehe.:)
cheers!

Xion-Cajou
06-27-2007, 10:39 PM
I like the style of your concepts and the story is very funny.
Looking forward to see more:thumbsup:

Intervain
06-27-2007, 11:08 PM
:bounce::bounce:the bird's freaking hillarious!! Excellente!

lemasterjg
06-28-2007, 01:26 AM
This one sounds like it will be a lot of fun, is the bird going to be helping develop the flying machines along side Joseph Butterfly, or is the bird just a hopeful spectator like the rest of us?

Nothingness
06-28-2007, 01:30 AM
The birds will be an amazing asset to the picture.

great start zapan

mdavid
06-28-2007, 04:01 AM
Wow - for someone who claims not to be used to a cartooning style you sure do excellent cartoony style drawings! Jojo looks really good and that hair is a nice touch. And those birds look really good too - very nice cartoony shapes that should work well in 3D. No crits from me - just cheering.

AndreiSzasz
06-28-2007, 05:50 AM
:scream: hey Stephane, those sketches are realy cool, very funny characters. can't wait to see them modeled.
good luck, dude ! :thumbsup:

SweD
06-28-2007, 06:51 AM
Concept of the bird is really cool. it' seems to be a mix between Vaillant the movie from the serious pose, and a caracter directly imported from tex avery for the funny pose.
:thumbsup: start good !

Gunilla
06-28-2007, 07:01 AM
Ahhh - those are great sketches! The look on Jojos face is absolutely hilarious.
It's going to so fun watching you do this - something completely different. I bet it's going to be great!

jmBoekestein
06-28-2007, 11:24 AM
Wow, at it allready, heheh!! Good luck man, looknig forward.

scootermaya
06-29-2007, 06:28 AM
Excellent man! This are great ideas. I love the sketches :thumbsup:
I a little skared now : I think you may win this one :eek:

theuni
06-29-2007, 10:03 AM
Hiho namesake :) Nice to see you back in one of these cgtalk challenges

SONIC-X
06-29-2007, 10:56 AM
Nice and wacky idea.I'm sure it is going to look briliant.

shaolin
06-29-2007, 08:08 PM
Zapan,

always in running with gpepper !:applause:

Zapan
06-30-2007, 10:43 AM
@ ihamid : hey mate , thx a lot , glad you like it ... :)

@ xioncajou : thx a lot ...

@ Intervain : Hey Mag , thx , glad you like the birds ... tweet tweet :)

@ lemasterjg : thx man , in fact the birds won't play an important role in the final illustration, they are just spectators , also the whole "strange behavior" is thought by them watching the character. I will try to give them mor importance to them in the animation part.

@ Nothingness : thx a lot Nico !

@ mdavid : hey , Thx a lot Mark ... well I always try to get some realism to characters , but this time to subject is way to cartoonish to create with my regular modeling so we will see ... it's gonna be a hella of challenge but so much fun ! Thx for cheering !

@ AndreiSzasz : thx a lot man , best of luck to you too !

@ SweD : hey thx a lot Cyril , I tried to not be too influenced by the cartoon birds already created , but that's really hard. But as a huge fan of Pixar's short "For the birds" I obviously will have to get some references into the models.

@ Gunilla : thx a lot Gunie , you're definitely right , that cartoonish style is really not my thing , In fact as far I remember I think I've never really tried to create some characters this way it's kind of frightening ... But what's the hell ... we're here for having fun right :) Glad you like the work so far ... and thx as always for the great support

@ jmBoekestein : Hey JM thx a lot for droppin by and for cheering , my best for you too

@ scootermaya : aha thx a lot Scooty ... don't be scared , the better reward I could have will be to take this one to the end ... :)

@ theuni : thx a lot man , yeah I can't resist entering these ... works like a charm on me ...

@ SONIC-X : hey Corrie , thx a lot friend ... any idea from you for entering ?

@ shaolin : yay Fifi !!! thanks a lot for dropping by ... yeah but this time Gillou took a serious advance ...

Thx friends for the splendid support , been pretty busy these past 2 days but I hope to come up with something this week end !

cheers ,

-Zapan

overcontrast
06-30-2007, 12:29 PM
dude nice concepts man... like the expression on ur characters.... good luck with it man..!

Zapan
06-30-2007, 05:33 PM
http://assets.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/18/12608/12608_1183224799_medium.jpg (http://assets.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/18/12608/12608_1183224799_large.jpg)

3D sketch of the scene ... Really hard to find the right balance of what we want to include and the size of things ... errr , nothing's final here .
And now I also realize that I will have to fill that lab with silly inventions ...

cheers ,

-Zapan

Zapan
06-30-2007, 05:35 PM
@ overcontrast : hey , thx a lot mate , glad you like it :)

cheers ,

-Zapan

mdavid
07-01-2007, 05:12 AM
It looks fantastic. :thumbsup: He's high enough off the floor to make it really interesting. It makes me laugh too - that ladder is a delightful touch (you can see where he's been) and the rope (you can see what he's doing) and the floor (you can see where he's headed). I'd love to zoom in on the action a bit more and get closer to Jojo and the birds but I guess that since this will be an animation then that might be the plan.

theuni
07-01-2007, 07:10 AM
Nice start off... jep you`re right... the pain begins, filling the lab with tech. toys. But It also could end up in fun creating add on`s for this crazy flying thing. Just a humble opinion... maybe to increase the angle of camera so you`ll get a view more from bottom to top... this could increase the space you may want to use for placing the birds in the windows.

gpepper
07-01-2007, 07:48 AM
I thought that the guy would jump in the exterior. Strange that he wants to fly in the room !
Oops, I forgot, this is the strange behavior challenge !

shaolin
07-01-2007, 07:54 PM
good first zapan, but your reason it is necessary to add full of object in the laboratory.:applause:

Intervain
07-01-2007, 08:09 PM
I thought you'd concentrate more on the guy and the birds, showing off character interaction with close-ups of the expressions and faces rather than a wide shot like that...
I think it would be more favourable to showing off the idea you want to convey... but that's MO and you know what you're after :D

Looking forward to more and feeling like an absolute slacker :scream:... thanks for that Steph!:thumbsup:

Gunilla
07-02-2007, 06:22 AM
Ahaha - I'm beginning to feel sorry for that poor guy already :D

Love the scene layout, as the rest I hope you're intending to do a closeup on him but the scene gives all kinds of possibilities to fill with strange stuff (a collection of boots, perhaps?)
As Gilles I had picture this taking place outside, but this will work better I think.

... and a weeee! for the flying start.

SONIC-X
07-02-2007, 07:48 AM
Sill thinking on some ideas but hopefully soon.

Your scene looks great ,nice out-lay.

daWinky
07-02-2007, 08:26 AM
Morning Stéph!

:thumbsup: for your concept! As Mark already said, the ladder and the rope are funny details and I'm curious to see how you fill the empty room...A really good starting, everything is possible:bounce: !

I still try to convince myself that I'll find the time to jump in...not sure yet:shrug:

Have a great start in the week!

-sabrina

arturro
07-02-2007, 11:38 AM
yap, this image will be based on a small funny details which will be noticed after w while. Put as many tinny expressions, items as you can :) good luck

scootermaya
07-02-2007, 11:54 AM
Very good idea here. I beleive you have the right compo start here.
You could then make a zoom on the guy's face and the birds during the animation:bounce:

flaeticia
07-03-2007, 07:13 AM
hey stephane :)

i like your concept, and the previs too :)
on the other hand I find that this tonelle, this dome, chokes a little the scene, it's a pity, but in the same direction, that raises the character, of the blow that also brings depth :)

great job boy :)

can't wait to see the begining of the poly party :D

scootermaya
07-03-2007, 07:26 AM
Morning Stef,

No update today ? :scream: . I look again at your compo and I think it may be a little busy all together. Perhaps you could get closer and that would emphasize the subject a little.

polygonwarrior
07-04-2007, 03:14 AM
best of luck buddy :thumbsup:.will follow ur thread.

erilaz
07-04-2007, 01:51 PM
Ha! Brilliant. :D

Maybe a tighter space would make his behaviour a little more odd, but I think what you've got going on in terms of ideas is just great!

shakes
07-05-2007, 05:32 AM
hi Stephane..great to see you in this- great start already! I really like the idea..should be awesome!!

Zapan
07-05-2007, 08:37 PM
http://assets.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/18/12608/12608_1183667844_medium.jpg (http://assets.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/18/12608/12608_1183667844_large.jpg)

Hi there ,

Starting the Dome modeling , The upper part should be made of glass ...

Let me know what you guys think of .

cheers ,

-Zapan

Zapan
07-05-2007, 09:07 PM
Hey friends !

@ mdavid : hey Mark , thx a lot mate , actually I had a big head scratch when I had to choose between the charcter closeup or the overall view ... I do think that the panoramic view is better to tell a story and probably the best to understand the situation ... I gues the closeups could be done with animation ... Makes me feel really good that someone seems to agree with me concernig that choice :)

@ theuni : thx mate , actually the birds shouldn't play a big part in the still picture ... but they probably will be the main part of the animation part ... thx man for your help , the camera framing is still giving me troubles ... but I guess I still got some time to think about it :)

@ gpepper : aha , I thought about maybe make the scene outdoor ... but I guess it's funnier to see him climbing inside is lab , plus it gives the opportunity to include a lot of silly stuff.

@ shaolin : thx a lot Cyril .... yeah I'm thinking of a lot of things ... should be funny ... I got plenty of dumb ideas ... :D

@ Intervain ; thx a lot Mag ... I know exactly what you mean , in fact I'm still not sure that this panoramic view is working the best ... mmh there is surely gonna be some closeups during the animation (which I still have to make the story board) so maybe the overall picture could work just for the still render ... what do you think ?

@ Gunilla : ahah , yeah I know mmh , I still have to make up my mind about this , but if I keep the overall framing , I surely gonna add a lot of crazy stuff ... Boots ? sure ... *wrotes down*

@ SONIC-X : thanks a lot mate

@ daWinky : hehe , thx a lot Sabie , I'm really glad you like it ... so you make us wait enough don't you think ... ? :D

@ arturro : thx mate , yes I will try to do my best !

@ scootermaya : aah , thx scooty for agreeing with me .... I'm still noy sure though :scream:

@ flaeticia : actually , I chose the glass dome to play with lights ... and also to have the character at the same height that the birds ... not easy choice ...

@ scootermaya : I'm awake ... I wasn't sleeping .... I swear :scream: ... a bit closer ? maybe I will do some test when the character will be in the scene.

@ CUBISIS : thx a lot mate , good to see you , best of luck to you too !

@ erilaz : hey Martin , thx for droppin by and for your kind words ... glad you like it mate

@ shakes : John !! wassup mate ? where is your thread ? this theme has been made for you !

Thx a lot for the splendid support as always ... I don't have as much time as I would like to work on that during the week , but I will try to put the scene a bit further this week end !

cheers ,

-Zapan

mdavid
07-06-2007, 06:59 AM
Cool! Great to see the dome coming together. I'm glad you're staying with that shape because I think it's very elegant - a nice sense of space about it :thumbsup:

digital-bobert
07-06-2007, 11:55 PM
Lookin good Stephane! I like the progression

Zapan
07-08-2007, 07:35 PM
http://assets.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/18/12608/12608_1183923353_medium.jpg (http://assets.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/18/12608/12608_1183923353_large.jpg)

Hey ,

Found some time to define the dome a little bit more ... starting to take shape I guess ...

cheers ,

-Zapan

Zapan
07-08-2007, 07:41 PM
@ mdavid : thx a lot Mark , your comments definitely gives me some fuel to do my best :) cheers mate .

@ digital-bobert : hey Bobby , thanks a lot for droppin' by , love your work man, your style and your sense of humour is a great inspiration for me !

God I would like to have more time for modeling this ... just can't wait to start the character ... :)

cheers ,

-Zapan

Nothingness
07-08-2007, 08:49 PM
the reflection really show your sence of detail. I can't wait to see more of this.

and the character too!

cheers

mdavid
07-08-2007, 10:59 PM
That's looking excellent. It's a wonderful feeling of light and space - the perfect background for your action - and it also looks like a beautiful place too. And I can see some of that framework is already strong enough to take the weight of the character. Definitely no crits from me :thumbsup:

Gunilla
07-09-2007, 06:21 AM
It looks beautiful, Steph. All the reflections in the roof makes it real interesting. Will it be daytime or night outside?

gpepper
07-09-2007, 06:25 AM
Bon gamin ? ça avance ou bien ?

SONIC-X
07-09-2007, 10:23 AM
Looking good Steph.

Zapan
07-09-2007, 12:23 PM
@ Nothingness : thx a lot friend ... yeah I really want to start the character asap , but to many times I spent to much time on the character and quickly made the background to fit the deadline ... So I decided this time to proceed the other way around ... no excuse this time :)

@ mdavid : Thx a lot friend ... Actually story wise ... I would like to underline that character is pretty rich , but he decided to put all his money in his passion in opposition with the classic old scientist with a bear , so I thought a fancy lab could work better than a cave ... besides I think it could offer some nice lighting possibilities ...

@ Gunilla : Thx a lot Gunie dear , it's surely gonna be day time ... I would like ( if my low snailing level permits me) to include a part of his castle behind the glass ... but all these background ideas sound so far away in the future ...

@ gpepper : ahah ... hum ... hmmpf ... no excuse ... I'm slow :D ...

@ SONIC-X : Thx a lot corrie , can't wait to see some rockin polys from you mate...

cheers ,

-Zapan

Nothingness
07-09-2007, 02:50 PM
true, but this time i do it a little the other way around. If i get too little time for the character i'll mess it up no mather what :twisted:

But in my case, the characters have the most attention, and the background is minimal.

daWinky
07-16-2007, 05:45 AM
Morning Stéph!

Ah, I see the environment is really taking shape:thumbsup: - so we can look forward to see the first polys of your character soon...or some birds first? I'm watching with suspense and of course no crits so far, just some cheering!:bounce:

Have a great week!

-sabrina

Gunilla
07-22-2007, 05:26 PM
hmmm.... well, this one usually works for me ;)

http://images.leportailweb.com/clips/smiley/ipb/cheer.gif

Zapan
07-23-2007, 04:53 PM
http://assets.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/18/12608/12608_1185209592_medium.jpg (http://assets.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/18/12608/12608_1185209592_large.jpg)

Hey guys , been awhile

Started Jojo's modeling ... the Cartoon modeling isn't really my cup of tea , but I kind of enjoy this one ... seems pretty young tho ... maybe it's a not so bad thing ...

cheers ,

-Zapan

Zapan
07-23-2007, 04:57 PM
@ Nothingness : naah , you won't mess up anything ... all you have to do is to make a wonderful job in every areas .... I'm sure you will . :)

@ daWinky : weee Sabie ... this is not funny anymore .... you have to enter right now !
Thx a lot dear for your support , here's the start of the character ... hope you like :)

@ Gunilla : that baby calls updates just like magnet ... that's weird ... :D

cheers ,

-Zapan

Wiz
07-23-2007, 07:28 PM
Jojo so far looks really good, great style, very unique.

I kinda dislike the glasses frame, maybe a bit too thin.. not sure
other then that looks great.

SONIC-X
07-24-2007, 05:44 AM
Very good start on the character Steph.Nice style.
Lets see some more.

daWinky
07-24-2007, 06:34 AM
Morning Stéph!

Aaaah, the start of the character:bounce: !
Yep, cartoony style is somehow more difficult as it looks, not? But Jojo looks really good, and really young indeed...so it's perhaps more the crazy student than the mad scientist...Anyways, great start for Jojo:thumbsup: , I'm eagerly waiting for more!
And yes, also not funny for me, but my desk is still full of work:scream: , though there's still hope for starting my thread in August...

Have a great day!

-sabrina

mdavid
07-24-2007, 09:26 AM
Wow! That is amazing. Very stylish and beautifully done. :thumbsup:

Gunilla
07-24-2007, 09:34 AM
Oh, he's really cute! Younger than expected yes, but as you say - it's not a bad thing. He already has that determined look - nothing will stop this kid (so he thinks...)
Wonderful modeling as always :thumbsup:

... and it's amazing how effective that secret weapon is :D

SweD
07-24-2007, 12:11 PM
hé Stephane, great head ! more young than expected, but it's not too disturbing. Agree with Sabrina, much like a crasy student.
But i'm not conviced by the glasses too, shape is a bit strange on the exterior corner.

Anyway, great start for this surely cute character :thumbsup:

Nothingness
07-24-2007, 04:40 PM
great modeling on the head,

but i have the feeling the eyes are sticking out too much, or the forehead is not sticking out enough. The main shape of the head is ok, but when i look at the far eye, it looks too much to the front.

maybe the spot where the eyebrows will be, should be sticking a bit out.

anyway, great work

cheers

Zapan
07-27-2007, 10:25 PM
http://assets.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/18/12608/12608_1185575156_medium.jpg (http://assets.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/18/12608/12608_1185575156_large.jpg)

Hey guys !

Tiny update before starting the body and cloths. Tweaked some areas around the nose , chin , eyes , glasses ... added details on the mask ...
Oh and also put some plans to test the hair texture before making the whole haircut ...

cheers ,

-Zapan

Zapan
07-27-2007, 10:28 PM
@ Wiz : Thx a lot , great point about the glasses , disturbing me too , I made several tests , but I can't find a better shape for it ... I will have to rethink it when I will throw some textures on ... thx for pointing.

@ SONIC-X : Thx a lot Corrie , glad you like it so far ...

@ daWinky : aww thx a lot Sabie ... really happy you like the silly scientist kid so far ! ... ouh and you're officialy entering !?! best news ! no turning back for now on :D

@ mdavid : thx a lot mate ! Glad you like it so far ...

@ Gunilla : thx a lot dear , in fact the eyes are about to change ... kind of make his look a bit harsh and angry which is really not what I want ... maybe I will end to put 2 spheres , black and white ... And yeah I guess that the pink cheerleader is the red light to warn you that you're entering in snailmode ... I hope we won't see here too many times in the next 3 months... :D

@ Swed : Thx a lot Cyril , yeah I know what you mean about the glasses' shape ... I tweaked them a bit , is it better ? ... maybe I will end up the redo them from the start ... :scream:

@ Nothingness : thx mate , I see what you mean concernig the eyes ... That's the reason I put the eyebrows in that update and post the orthoghraphic views , have you the same feeling about them ? I honestly didn't find them that weird ... :shrug:

Thx guys and gals for your help , I hope I will be able to start the body and cloths really soon ... even if the time have been extended I had the feeling that it's gonna be really short anyway :banghead:

cheers ,

-Zapan

mdavid
07-28-2007, 01:14 AM
Sometimes I have to resort to Smilies. I'm thinking :thumbsup: and :applause: and :bounce:

stouckol
07-28-2007, 08:59 AM
love the head style zapan. great job ! :thumbsup:
j'attends la suite

Intervain
07-28-2007, 11:37 AM
looking cool Stephane! kinda remins me of the Steamboy style... should be really great if you go for it all the way :thumbsup:

shakes
07-28-2007, 10:58 PM
beautiful modelling and character design as always Stephane! she looks beautiful

DaddyMack
07-29-2007, 07:34 AM
Looks awesome Z!.. Really tight details and form... I thought he looked a bit more feminine than young and shakes comment prompted me to say it. Maybe just a little more hint of Jaw?

This is clearly going to be stunning!

antone-m
07-30-2007, 08:02 AM
I think you already know my opinion in your work ........dude you rock :buttrock:

keep going :thumbsup:

Zapan
08-05-2007, 08:43 PM
Hey friends !!
@ mdavid : ahaha ... I do that too ... a lot and I'm thinking :love:-> :blush: ->:bowdown:-> :)

@ stouckol : Merci beaucoup :) ... update will come , I hope , really soon ...

@ Intervain : tha a lot Mag , Steamboy ? ok , have to make some research about that kid now ...

@ shakes : Thx a lot John , she ? actually it supposed to be a he ... but ... err , ok I got some tweaking to do ... hehe .. :)

@ DaddyMack : Thx a lot Dadda , yeah , I guess you're right ! plus the long weird haircut won't arrange it ... I definitely gonna try to fix that , trying to keep the young , cute face anyway ... wow , sounds challenging ... :curious: :scream:

@ thebest : hehe , thx a lot Tony , great to have you here cheering ...

Ok I'm stuck with several stuff lately , and it's pretty much gonna be the same this week ... But I'll surely try to come up with something new as soon as possible ...
Thx big time for the splendid support as always ...

Have a great week everybody

cheers ,

-Zapan

overcontrast
08-06-2007, 05:33 AM
Zapan ma friend! hows it goin?... I like what i see. Good job on nailing the manga style in this piece. I donno, but was the small thin ear intentional?... Imo i think the ear could have a little more volume to it. Also i think the reagion around the eye could use some more attantion. Thats it i guess for now.

Really digging the modleing on the goggles. Very solid work. Keep going wanna c more!!:thumbsup::bounce:

gpepper
08-06-2007, 06:46 AM
Excellent man ! Love the style !
Continue, it should be great !

nwiz25
08-12-2007, 08:09 PM
wicked modeling job dude! :applause: :eek: u rock!:buttrock: how in the world did u get that hair???? :eek:

Lemog
08-13-2007, 09:30 AM
Of course, the concept agree me at 100%...

...and the first step modeling totally with what I apreciate...

Now, I'm just curious to see more... and especially your finished masterpiece...

...then.... Go Cadet :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

alancamara
08-22-2007, 09:19 PM
Hi Steph, how are you my friend?

Great progress on the contest, really like. The model is very interesting and well executed. Congrats, keep going

Alan

collings
08-22-2007, 09:54 PM
Salut Steph,
voila que je fais ma petite vistite et là stupeur je ne vois pas d'update :eek:
Allez com'on budy, i can fell you need some support especially now , go go go :bounce:

keep it up ;)

Vicktorious
08-24-2007, 03:19 AM
Simply amazing model so far, but I have to agree on the femenin features. It has an anime feel to it which makes the guys look a tad femenin already. For some reason my eyes keep focusing at the nose as the culprit. it's beautiful, petite, and for some reason I want to say it's lacking in features. As a scientist, he's not really prone to a nose break or any features like that, but maybe a naseal lavial fold? Male Scientists tend to overwork and miss out on sleep a bit so skin tends to be looser while Female scientists have a stereotype of being petite, very femenin in features and have that overall cleaner appearance. Just a nonsignificant critique though as I do agree with everyone else. It's simply amazing and beautiful so far. Can't wait till you get further.

authentic
09-11-2007, 07:59 AM
Nice modelign stephane. Fine and precise.

SONIC-X
09-11-2007, 07:30 PM
Yo Steph,

That last head shot looks realy cool dude,I hope you get more time to work on this.

Go well brow!

Gunilla
09-19-2007, 06:10 AM
Is it to late to throw in the secret weapon here?

http://images.leportailweb.com/clips/smiley/ipb/cheer.gif http://images.leportailweb.com/clips/smiley/ipb/cheer.gif http://images.leportailweb.com/clips/smiley/ipb/cheer.gif

gpepper
09-19-2007, 06:44 AM
Seems that noboby is around !
Steph ! WAKE UP !

Zapan
09-20-2007, 07:25 AM
Hey friends !

As you may noticed , it's been ages since the last time I dropped by around , mostly because I had a lot to do during a short period of time, and then when it was done , the motivation was kind of gone ... It's very frustrating , it's kind of falling asleep during a movie then waking up during the credits ... Anyway for the time left I guess it will be really hard to achieve the scene but I really want to finish the picture this time so maybe I will end up anyway in the following months.

Thanks as always for the support , I wish all the best luck and motivation to all ...

cheers ,

-Zapan

antone-m
09-20-2007, 09:35 AM
U know the only thing keeping me alive after reading that u won`t complete it is that u are going to finish it hoping to see that soon :bounce:

CGTalk Moderation
09-20-2007, 09:35 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.