PDA

View Full Version : rigging a tie (that can be loosened)

archanex
06-25-2007, 11:31 AM
Hey there, I'm looking for a way to rig a tie in 3dsmax that the character can loosened. I'm planning to attatch a cloth object below the knot, but the problem is that I don't know how to build a rig that can be loosened when the character pulls on the knot. Does anyone have any suggestions? I was thinking I might be able to do something with path constraints, but I'm not really sure. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you

Lomax
06-25-2007, 03:10 PM
The simplest way might be to set up some stretchable bones, and maybe even create a morph target for the loose version.

archanex
06-26-2007, 02:25 PM
Hmmmm... that would be pretty simple... I may end up doing that if nobody else has a better solution

Tripple-I
06-27-2007, 06:32 AM
You might try making a stretchy joint chain for above the knot, and a controller on the knot.
Just put in an expression or use dg nodes to make the joints stretched when controller is pulled in Y.
Create multiply/divide node and drive output 1(x) into it and then drive that into input 1(ty) on controller.

CGTalk Moderation
06-27-2007, 06:32 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.