PDA

View Full Version : Live video edition question

Serial Killer
03-20-2003, 07:49 PM
I got a question.. I want to set up 4 to 6 webcams in a concert to transmit it via internet some kind of MTV unplugged so what I need is conect those 6 cameras in a device that let me see the video in the 6 cameras and also let me chose what signal want to send a video mixer but with web cams with a user interfase

Thanks in advice.

Serial Killer
03-20-2003, 09:20 PM
What I really need is justa device that let me chose between those cameras the transmition is easy with flash but flash cannot select between cameras

shadow
03-22-2003, 03:40 PM
I don't know if there exists software to switch between webcams.

Maybe if you can work with normal digital camera's you could work with a live swither like the Videonix MX ProDV (http://www.videoguys.com/videonics.html#mxprodv). If you can hook the IEEE1394 output to your computer and let it livebroadcast, you're there. :) I don't know if the MX ProDV is a good console, but it's the only console that I know of that handles firewire-signals.

Please keep me/us posted on your progress. I work at a local tvstation and webbroadcasting is something that we want to do in the future.

Serial Killer
03-26-2003, 07:07 PM
Thanks. But what I was looking for is just a simple device that can switch between USB devices in this case cameras, but I just manage the way of doing it via software but it has a limit, the limit is how many USB slots you got in your computer and also I'm tring to figure out how to switch the audio maibe that will be manage with a little audio console but I'm thinking in built a litlle switcher myself with some push pull butons and some leds to change the audio and something like that is what I was actually looking for but for USB, something that can switch the cameras withuot interrupt the power of them just the data, it's complex I know but somebody has to do it hehehehehehe:rolleyes: anny way I'm using Flash for doing this if you are still interested in this send me a private message and maybe we can discusse this and give you more info and maybe now with all this explanation know a device that can do what I want see ya

CGTalk Moderation
01-14-2006, 06:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.