PDA

View Full Version : Strange Behavior (Animation) Entry: Rob Mack

Pages : [1] 2

DaddyMack
06-25-2007, 08:32 AM
Rob Mack is entered in the "Strange Behavior Challenge" update: View Challenge Page (http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/strange_behavior/view_entries.php?challenger=12560)

Latest Update: Final Render: The beauty of Delusion
images/misc-2005-07/im_yahoo.gif (http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?f=224&t=510601&page=23&pp=15#) Final Render: The beauty of Delusion
http://assets.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/18/12560/12560_1193702962_medium.jpg (http://assets.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/18/12560/12560_1193702962_large.jpg)

Software: 3ds max,Photoshop,ZBrush

This was a fun piece, it kinda evolved itself...

Basically the premise is that an extra large cross dressing man sees himself as sexy... Sexy to the point that when he looks in the mirror he sees a beautiful woman

The beuaty of delusion is that it is often the first step on the path to greatness... Unfortunately... Sometimes... Delusion is just delusion...

Delusion can help us to achieve things which we couldn't without them. Sometimes it can help to think you are a little better than you actually are at something so that you can feel confident enough to really give it a go. Sometimes it doesn't matter how much you delude yourself about something you're just not good at it and seriously need some training...

This is a good lesson learned for me through this challenge, that my animation skills are only average and I want them to be excellent... Time for some hard work me thinks;)

Thanks a mountain to you all for the great support and comradery throughout!

Play Video >> (http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/strange_behavior/player.php?entry_id=84349)

DaddyMack
06-25-2007, 08:36 AM
Ummm... resisted the challenge for about ummm 3 seconds!

What an absolutely awesome theme guys Thanks, I've got my new home for the next coupla months...

I look forward to this ALL!:buttrock:

DaddyMack
06-25-2007, 09:06 AM
I'm working on a concept at the moment of what a woman sees when she looks in the mirror... It could apply to this theme really well If i develop it further:curious:... I'll give it a week to see if anything fresher pops up

robo3687
06-25-2007, 09:11 AM
sounds good....but could aslo be dangerous (unless female members 'round here are really forgiving.....lol)

good luck

gpepper
06-25-2007, 09:14 AM
A thread to follow !
Nice to see you in Daddy !

DimitrisLiatsos
06-25-2007, 09:16 AM
Oh the fun and the excitement will be enormous i think! ...have fun Daddy :) .

fgdf
06-25-2007, 11:11 AM
Nice to see you around again!! wish you good luck!!

handlebar
06-25-2007, 01:36 PM
It's gonna be a goodie DM, free range madness.

Steve 8)

Zapan
06-25-2007, 01:38 PM
Dadda 's here too !!

Have a lots of fun and best luck my friend !

cheers ,

-Zapan

arturro
06-25-2007, 04:52 PM
yap, I hoped to see you here, greeeat that from a avery beginning :)
good luck !

Gunilla
06-25-2007, 05:35 PM
When I saw the theme - I just knew you would be in, oh you master of strange behaviour ;)
Looking forward to play with you again, Robster.

flaeticia
06-25-2007, 07:03 PM
Yeahhhhhhhhhhh

u are here too :D

that's great :)

Good luck my friend, and sure have fun ;)

see ya

Nothingness
06-25-2007, 07:39 PM
good luck and much fun

i'll be keeping an eye out on your first sketches

scootermaya
06-25-2007, 09:56 PM
Weeeeeeeeeeeee Dady! let's have fun and rock this one!:bounce:

Crazy stuff is comming up this time :eek:

Good luck man

DaddyMack
06-25-2007, 10:12 PM
http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/18/12560/12560_1182805922_medium.jpg (http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/18/12560/12560_1182805922_large.jpg)

Hi guys... just a little leftover from the project I was already on... The idea was that a very sexy woman would be looking at herself in the mirror and seeing this well endowed mama.

If I run with this idea I'll rework the whole project completely I plan to have an animated look from both sides of the mirror while they're getting dressed... So big mama thinks she looks skinny and vice versa... I may even have a male come in and hug her from behind, looking into both mirrors as well... Will put on my best photorealism hat and really try to knock this one outta the park...

WHat do you guys think???

Zapan
06-25-2007, 10:13 PM
aaaaahahahahah , love that idea !!!

arturro
06-25-2007, 10:19 PM
Wow! that's a bit of a real mamma here:) yammy :bounce:

problem is that it's not unusual behavior as all ladies do this in todays world :bounce: (kiddin' :))

DimitrisLiatsos
06-25-2007, 10:23 PM
Nice thought...give it a bit more time though to grow in ya...:bounce:...

SweD
06-25-2007, 10:58 PM
oh god damn fast ! Zb powaa !
The idea is great, just waiting to see how you place the POV and pose of the caracters.
:thumbsup: fast and furious start !

Intervain
06-25-2007, 11:19 PM
haha :) kind of along the lines of my idea - well only in the fat person thing otherwise different :) Looking forward to more!

Frotze
06-25-2007, 11:54 PM
Really cool idea, man. You're up for a fast start. :)

Ozoka
06-26-2007, 12:51 AM
Good Luck. Going good so far.

SantoAnderson
06-26-2007, 12:53 AM
Fun concept, I can't wait to see a layout.

monsitj
06-26-2007, 04:01 AM
Hi Rob , glad to see you again here! concept sound cool ! good luck and have fun!

mdavid
06-26-2007, 04:25 AM
How people see themselves in front of a mirror is an excellent subject for Strange Behavior. Good luck!

scootermaya
06-26-2007, 07:37 AM
Good idea man! Scary too :scream:

Gunilla
06-26-2007, 07:41 AM
I agree with the rest here, great idea - go with it!

SONIC-X
06-26-2007, 09:46 AM
A cool idea and quite an undertaking.
Good luck.

Claireabella
06-26-2007, 11:00 AM
Hey Daddy Mack. Good to see you diving straight into this challenge. Think you must be in touch with your "feminine" side with your idea. I think it's fab but for a woman it's not strange behaviour. It's just normal.......! We NEVER see ourselves as we really are! It's a nightmare! :scream: Can't wait to see this progress. Enjoy! :thumbsup:

cg219
06-26-2007, 03:00 PM
Cool Concept, I will definetely be following along on this one. I wonder what the man will look like.

makaron
06-26-2007, 09:50 PM
hallo Mr daddyMack :bounce:

I guess the theme in this challange suits you like a odd sock ;)

gpepper
06-26-2007, 10:25 PM
she is a fan of chocolate or is she the chocolate ?

tribes712
06-27-2007, 01:59 AM
Great concept! I was thinking further along with your man, and was thinking it might be interesting to have the opposite affect on him, buffing him up, making him see himself as more handsome in the mirror. Just a thought :)

DaddyMack
06-27-2007, 12:02 PM
robo3687.. we can only hope?...
gpepper.. Lol, feeling's mutual mate
Dimi.. Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!
fgdf.. great to see you here again too
Handlebar.. Ahhh... home at last8D
Zapan.. Yaaay! Wouldn't be the same without you
arturro.. lol, Cool dude!
Gunilla.. How could I spend my winter doing anything else? Thanks
flaeticia.. Thanks, it's always good to play with you
Nothingness.. Good luck 2 U 2
scootermaya.. Weeeeeeee indeed... unbelievable theme
DaddyMack.. lol challenge only just starting and already you go too far
Zapan.. :D Thanks
Arturro.. Hmm.. it is soo common these days isn't it
Dimi.. lol... grow on me... I will tho mate;) Cheers
Swed.. Thanks man, it's from a concept I was already playing with
Intervain.. DaddyMack trademarks 'Flabtastic (tm)' :P
Frotze.. Thanks, Loving Zbrush atm
Ozoka.. Thanks, glad you like
SantoAnderson.. Yeah me too... will toy with some sketches soon
The Mighty Monsitj.. Thanks mate, it's always an honour to watch your flow grow
mdavid.. Humble thanks.. I'll try to do it justice
scootermaya.. :D
Gunilla.. Thanks G! Consider me going for it;)
SONIC-X.. Yup, it's winter here tho so nothin better to do
Claireabella.. Humble thanks Claire, I was brought up with my mum and sis and now my family is me, my wife and 2 girls... I've had to be in touch or suffer the consequences:P You women truly intrigue me
cg219.. Thanks, it should be fun to knock out
makaron.. Eeeeeeee!!! Hi Mona, have you accepted that you are entering yet?
gpepper.. Mmmmm.... Chocolate....
tribes712.. My thoughts exactly... It is the only way to really balance the irony. Thanks for chiming in

Wow Guys:D Thanks for all the amazing support :cry:*wipes tear* It's great to be home again with you all... This is going to be insane:bounce::bounce::bounce:

ihamid
06-27-2007, 01:34 PM
hiya daddymack ! cool work there :twisted: ... will spam around here to see what becomes of the nice lady :rolleyes:.

cheers!

Matellis
06-27-2007, 04:44 PM
Hey Rob good to see you in the challenge! damn thats one hot mamma! keep it up man , I will be watching :D

Cheers!

Rebeccak
06-27-2007, 06:08 PM
OH MY GOD!!! :D

Lol, great start, look forward to see where she...goes :D

handlebar
06-27-2007, 07:03 PM
So when i look in the mirror and see a six pack and full head of curly locks i'm just kidding myself. Great concept DM, i like the idea a lot, nothing is more strange than the human condition and the behaviour that tags along.

Steve 8)

JurajMolcak
06-27-2007, 09:03 PM
Gonna watch this mom, Daddy! Whohaaaaaaaa... Good luck!

shakes
06-27-2007, 09:24 PM
hey Daddy! great idea buddy and wow, you're very good with the ZB3!! So quick. I love the fat body-great proportions.look forward to more!

DaddyMack
06-27-2007, 10:34 PM
ihamid.. Cool thanks mate, glad to see you spammeling here:)
Matellis.. Heya superstar (I'm not jealous I'm not jealous I'm not jealous) How goes all in your neck o the woods?
Rebeccak.. Yaayy!.. Been watching you for a while... Stoked!.. Thanks for the compliment, I'll really try to do this justice
handlebar.. Alas... My hair and sixpack only seem to appear in the mirror as well... I'll definitely have to do this as a male female contrast piece... It's gonna complicate layout but eh.. life wasn't always s'posed to be easy yeah... Stoked to hear from you again:D
Oweron.. A huge smile on my face J! :beer:
Shakes.. Cheers big ears for chiming in... Scooby dooby doo where are you? it aint gonna be a real challenge until a shakin thread appears mate...

I'm uploading the video of the creation of Mamma... it is about 50mb, a timelapse from go to whoah!... Will post it as soon as it's done.

I wont be using this mamma for this piece, she was great practice but I wanna create something anatomically much tighter... I plan to spend the next week on the CAFE FOT mini challenge to hone some anatomy out and then I'll get serious about really making some peeps for this one... Your comments and criticisms will make this piece guys:bowdown: Thanks agiain for all the great support:beer::wavey:

DaddyMack
06-27-2007, 11:09 PM
http://assets.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/18/12560/12560_1182982181_medium.jpg (http://assets.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/18/12560/12560_1182982181_large.jpg)

just a clean shot of the final sculpt for the sketch of mamma

DaddyMack
06-27-2007, 11:12 PM
http://assets.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/18/12560/12560_1182982329_medium.jpg (http://assets.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/18/12560/12560_1182982329_large.jpg)

This was great fun to create, research was pretty heavy going and as far as I'm concerned, it was an excellent learning experience but it's a do-over for this challenge so I'll start again soon;)

Here's the link to the timelapse of her creation 50mb QT (http://www.mack3d.com/z3/MACK3D_MamaSculptall.mov)

It's umm... Flabtastic!(tm)

:wavey:

makaron
06-27-2007, 11:17 PM
QUOTE DaddyMack: makaron.. Eeeeeeee!!! Hi Mona, have you accepted that you are entering yet?

nope .. I refuse to get that :p

but I really like your idea...this gonna be fun to follow...
go bro go... in true daddymack style ... :bounce:

makaron
06-27-2007, 11:18 PM
.... sorry ... wrote one to many :rolleyes:

Zapan
06-28-2007, 12:00 AM
Oh My God .... a big huge ROFL :scream: :scream: ...

When I saw the base mesh , I thought ... nah he didn't dare ... and yes !
That's truly excellent !
And now I can't wait for your not that much overweighted character ...

cheers ,

-Zapan

DaddyMack
06-28-2007, 07:05 AM
makaron.. Ah yes of course... Summer in your part of the world (now me jealous)

makaron.. Sorry.. me too

Zapan.. Thank you so much Z! :D it was fun, I'm glad you umm... enjoyed it:P

CryingHorn
06-28-2007, 12:05 PM
Soon I'll probably learn to recognize you from your crazy ideas :D Hi Mack, long time, good luck!

fgdf
06-28-2007, 06:38 PM
That's... I've just ate dinned OMG :drool:... ;)

scootermaya
06-29-2007, 07:46 AM
Incredible ! Is the other one is going to be the real opposite of this? She will be gorgeous!:thumbsup:

Gunilla
06-29-2007, 08:20 AM
Oh my! If that isn't a good reminder to keep some kind of diet I don't know what is :D
That is great! (in oh so many ways!)

DaddyMack
06-29-2007, 10:01 PM
CryingHorn.. lol... thanks mate, Great to see you here again, I look forward to your thread

fgdf.. sorry, hope it didn't spoil appetite:P

scootermaya.. Thanks and ... of course... I'm gonna try to make the babe to end all babes

Gunilla.. literally laughed out loud.. .Thanks again G!

I've been having a little test of the babe sculpt which I'll post soon... Thanks for all the great support guys:bowdown::wavey:

DaddyMack
06-30-2007, 08:18 PM
http://assets.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/18/12560/12560_1183231099_medium.jpg (http://assets.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/18/12560/12560_1183231099_large.jpg)

Here's the TIMELAPSE of the creation of this wee mamma (http://www.mack3d.com/z3/MACK3D_BabeSculpt.mov)

And the big mama timelapse if you dare... (http://www.mack3d.com/z3/MACK3D_MamaSculptall.mov)

Hi guys, here's the first attempt at the lady looking in the mirror... I haven't yet decided which direction I'll go with this but I'm thinking a skinny glam seeing an obese mama is the most 'strange' behaviour. This babe has some 'realistic' fatty deposits like most women who don't starve themselves but I'm still not 100% sure about the direction... I'm happy with these 2 tests so I'll start up a sketch soon

DaddyMack
07-01-2007, 08:28 PM
OK guys, I'm gonna go spend some time doing the ecorche' challenge over @ CAFE and I'll use a midway model (good topology but no meatyness) to begin the male character when I return... All I need to figure out now is how to stylise my strange behaviour piece... I know I will not be able to achieve photorealism so I must compensate by adding some real personality and exxageration to these guys... Any suggestions?

:Bowdown::wavey:

shakes
07-03-2007, 12:12 AM
awesome movies Robbster! you make it look so easy! very impressive stuff, and too funny!

DaddyMack
07-03-2007, 09:42 PM
Shakes.. Thanks mate, you know, scary thing is... It is sooo easy with ZB3... Heaps stoked you like it tho :beer:

scootermaya
07-04-2007, 08:10 AM
Nice man! It comes out real good and realistic. :applause:

Let's see the sketch now :D

erilaz
07-04-2007, 03:10 PM
Okay, now that's just plain scary! :D

But it's awesome you're doing the timelapses!

DaddyMack
07-05-2007, 09:10 PM
scootermaya.. Hmm... Gotta seriously put some time into designing and laying out my shot. Thanks for the nudge mate:beer:

erilaz.. Thanks mate, and I hope the timelapses are of some use;)

I'll try put pencil to paper today and see if I can pop anything postable out

M477
07-05-2007, 11:30 PM
Ouch the big momma is one uuuuugly lady! Thankfully she will only exist in the mirror :thumbsup:

Nice character modelling though and a great idea, I'll look forward to the setting up of the scene it looks really promissing.

Once again... Daaam she fat

Sorry :D

DaddyMack
07-06-2007, 02:01 PM
M477.. lol... Ouch was my reference gathering... Badumtishh! Thanks, it's gonna be a fun little mission this one

HUMADAPNON
07-08-2007, 05:58 AM
Love to see more of your models dude. Very nice.

best
HUMADAPNON

DaddyMack
07-09-2007, 03:14 AM
HUMADAPNON.. Cheers mate, I'm bogged down in learning some muscle based box modelling atm for the male character... more will conme soon;)

DaddyMack
07-11-2007, 05:51 AM
http://assets.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/18/12560/12560_1184129482_medium.jpg (http://assets.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/18/12560/12560_1184129482_large.jpg)

Hi guys, been ecorche'ing a'la the FOT dvd over at CAFE but thought I'd better get onto this little piece... I played with the cam from a few angles and this is what pwopped out...

I'm planning to be a bit more stylised than in my original sculpts and really try and characterise both sides of the mirror.

Any thoughts on the initial composition?

Zapan
07-11-2007, 06:18 AM
Hey Dadda ! :)

Yay great to have the 3d previz , better to see where you want to go with this !
Actually I would have try a portrait framing to close up the scene a little ...
Are you gonna use this kind of mirror ? somehow , reading your concept idea I pictured more a old fancy mirror a bit like this (http://www.craftmarketcorner.co.uk/images/gill_household_mirror.jpg) ... Just a couple of thoughts tho...

Btw even in lowpoly the fat mama is crackin' me up ! is that weird or what !

can't wait for more , go dadda :bounce:

cheers ,

-Zapan

Gunilla
07-11-2007, 11:48 AM
An update! :bounce:
Good. So, do you want her(them) to be spotting herself in the mirror by accident? The towel makes it look like that, if you want her to selfabsorbed study herself the towel should go. Or do you want to avoid complete nudity?
I like the start for this, and you could have them in the same pose but with different facial expression, chocked and sad on the slim girl and pleased and content with the ...hrmmm... fuller figure? :)
Will go check on the ecorcheing now, feeling a bit lazy for not participating in that :blush:

JurajMolcak
07-11-2007, 03:37 PM
now, I thought it will be fat one imaging how skiny is she :) what I will prefer is very private close camera, so not that wide. Maybe you donīt need to show her whole... keep progressing buddy!

DaddyMack
07-11-2007, 08:04 PM
Zapan.. Thanks mate, I am gonna try and inject some real caricature and humour in this... I was going to use a standing mirror but thought it wouldn't do the big mamma justice (she wouldn't fit) I will try some closer framing:beer:

Gunilla.. I tossed around a couple of ideas and the one that kept winning is 'what will I wear?' just before going out to a party. The thin woman will be in her underwear and high heels and is holding up her favourite dresses one after the other to try and find one that she 'looks good in'... btw for the ecorche' I've been plugging away at the FOT dvd and havent posted yet (I highly recommend the dvd for some awesome surface modelling tech in maya). My maya model is about half done and I'll post it soon. then to Zbrush it goes for ripping. I may use the base male mesh in this piece for contrast (fat boy sees himself muscular) but not sure yet.

Oweron.. I've been looking at both sides of the mirror too mate and it's the common female trait of 'thinking they're fat' that is the behaviour I'm trying to capture in this challenge. I hope to do the view from the other side of the mirror after the challenge. I will definitely pull in closer for the shot :beer:

I've been storyboarding this out a bit and the idea is that first we'll see a high heeled foot which stomps sharply then disappears from view...
Camera is slowly zooming out...
The heel returns briefly and then disappears again, then returns and we see above the knee and get a hint of a dress being held up in front of her...
We now hear her frustration as well as we watch her disappear and then reappear with a different dress.
Soon we have a full view of the sexy babe, she is obscurinmg the mirror slightly so that we see only part of the mamma...
We hear a tentative male voice 'honey... are you ready yet?'
to which we hear an angry reply and as she stomps to her pile of dresses to try another the problem is revealed...
we then watch her try a few dresses but now see her fully as well as what she sees in the mirror...

My hope is to have the man enter, briefly show his distorted self perception, and have him tell her that she always looks great in that dress...
She says thanks and we cut back to the mirror...
she now sees herself as thin in the mirror...
they exit the room together...

CSLoomis
07-11-2007, 09:36 PM
I know I am new here so I hope you don't mind...

Being female myself...One comment on the fat mamma, her boobs are too big.

Everyone knows that women think their thighs are huge, they have a double chin and their ass shouldn't be able to fit in a chair, let alone the car. But they almost always think their boobs are too small. Having a big fat woman with tinny boobs I think would add to the humor.

DaddyMack
07-12-2007, 08:42 PM
CSLoomis.. lol... I'm new here by the standards of some of these folk:P Thanks for chiming in and thanks for the early morning chuckle your post gave me... I will definitely head in a more pear shaped direction with this, it makes loads of sense:beer:

shakes
07-12-2007, 09:03 PM
good to see it being roughed out buddy! the story sounds good and funny..i like the idea of the guy and his own self image too..and the small boob suggestion from CSLoomis is a goody! look forward to more mate!

DaddyMack
07-13-2007, 08:03 PM
shakes.. Cheers mate, I'm busy with other stuff but will be all over this project soon

DaddyMack
07-14-2007, 08:40 PM
http://assets.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/18/12560/12560_1184442023_medium.jpg (http://assets.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/18/12560/12560_1184442023_large.jpg)

Hi guys, this is the current progress on the male over in the CAFE thread... The lower body is finished and I'll try nail down the upper asap. If I get time to do the male shot in this piece I'll use him

DaddyMack
07-17-2007, 05:46 AM
http://assets.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/18/12560/12560_1184647545_medium.jpg (http://assets.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/18/12560/12560_1184647545_large.jpg)

Well guys here's the first steps in shaping this babe... I'm trying to make her look rich, glamorous and a little bit sharp. I've got the basic room layout almost finalled and I'm gathering some flashy furniture references.

Any ideas?

Tremoside
07-19-2007, 11:12 AM
Hi Rob,

My friend it's gonna be serious again. :scream: I like your style U know. Let the fat movin'. Am curious how it works in animation. Go ahead!

And of course... BEST LUCK :)

DaddyMack
07-20-2007, 09:34 AM
Tremo.. You Legend! Great to hear from you again mate:D Good luck 2 U 2 mate... Can't wait to see where you take this one

I've had a bit of a rethink and kink to my approach with this and will post some updates soon

DaddyMack
07-21-2007, 07:57 PM
http://assets.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/18/12560/12560_1185044272_medium.jpg (http://assets.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/18/12560/12560_1185044272_large.jpg)

just some tweeks on the face... Also... the line came into my head today. Do you think this dress makes my bum look big?

mikedgellman
07-22-2007, 12:51 AM
The model is looks great

DaddyMack
07-23-2007, 03:18 AM
mikedgellman.. Thanks, I'm starting to really dig into her body too now... updates soon

Gunilla
07-23-2007, 05:38 AM
Back from the CAFE? that's great!
I like how she's coming on now, classy and aristocratic :thumbsup:
Have you got started on the male yet - or is he out of the picture?

Zapan
07-23-2007, 09:13 PM
Hey Dadda :)

The modeling looks great .... she looks like a bit fancy tho ... I guess it's a good think for someone worried about her look .

Can't wait for more ...

cheers ,

-Zapan

DaddyMack
07-24-2007, 09:36 PM
Gunilla.. Hmm... turned out it was a lot harder than I thought... I failed to meet my expectations but learned a great deal from the ecorche', I'm buying the model soon. I hope to do the male still but need to prioritise the 2 mammas first

Zapan.. Thanks, I'm going to give her a fancy room too... Decided to base the rooms design around the fancy 'peacock' mirror design I came to from your suggestion... Soon... Ladies first tho;)

Here comes the next update:D

DaddyMack
07-24-2007, 09:45 PM
http://assets.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/18/12560/12560_1185309903_medium.jpg (http://www.mack3d.com/z3/Mack3dPoshysculpt1.mov)

Here's a good start on her body... she will have sexy lacy underwear on and high heels and will be getting ready to go to a party having the 'what will I wear' dilemma...

Click the image for the timelapse or hit the link here (http://www.mack3d.com/z3/Mack3dPoshysculpt1.mov)

Hope you like;)

SONIC-X
07-26-2007, 07:58 AM
Very nice video and work.

Gunilla
07-26-2007, 09:18 AM
Love watching your timelapses. You make it look so easy - great work, thanks!

handlebar
07-26-2007, 12:17 PM
Nice progress DM, the face has a nice styalised look to it. I think the nostris are flared a bit too much and the bridge of the nose seems a little angular, i also think you could soften things down slightly but still keep the strong features to make her look even more feminine. Theres something very classical about her face that i like a lot.

Steve 8)

DaddyMack
07-27-2007, 12:53 AM
SONIC-X.. Thanks, I'm trying to make more time for it

Gunilla.. :blush::beer:

handlebar.. Thanks Steve, I'm still trying to nail her down... Trying to really inject some edgy look to contrast the umm.. curves of her alter ego... She stole her nose from Victoria Beckham... I will keep it in check;) Cheers

Little updat on the room to follow:wavey:

DaddyMack
07-27-2007, 01:00 AM
http://assets.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/18/12560/12560_1185494389_medium.jpg (http://assets.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/18/12560/12560_1185494389_large.jpg)

Just the barebones of the mirror... Adding details in soon. I'll use this as the stylemarker for this piece and build the rest of the furniture to suit it

Zapan
07-27-2007, 08:31 AM
W00t Dadda !

Fancy mirror indeed !! My grin is huge right now :D :D

Can't wait for more ,

cheers ,

-Zapan

DaddyMack
07-27-2007, 08:07 PM
Zapan.. Woot! back atya mate... Thanks, it's like this challenge was just an idea a couple of days ago... Since I made the mirror it is starting to look like a really worthwhile concept. Again, thanks for the nudge;)

I've got the thin mamma 90% finished and am gonna see what I can do about giving her some underwear... I'll start on the big mamma this weekend too

DaddyMack
07-29-2007, 08:46 AM
http://assets.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/18/12560/12560_1185695157_medium.jpg (http://assets.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/18/12560/12560_1185695157_large.jpg)

just the beginning... Much more to come;)

Gunilla
07-30-2007, 08:49 AM
Yup. Nice piece of furniture - looks real classy and will fit her perfectly!
The ornaments on the drawers are beautiful! Maybe some work on the wood texture to make it less symmetrical could be a good idea.
Just keep rollin' :)

antone-m
07-30-2007, 08:55 AM
looking good old friend keep going :thumbsup:

DaddyMack
07-31-2007, 09:12 PM
http://assets.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/18/12560/12560_1185912761_medium.jpg (http://www.mack3d.com/z3/nosh01a.mov)
(http://www.mack3d.com/z3/nosh01a.mov)
The other side awakens...

Hit the image for the wee timelapse or get it here (http://www.mack3d.com/z3/nosh01a.mov)

slangford
07-31-2007, 11:03 PM
I like the new style. but the area between the breasts and the belly is really oddly shaped. I would also soften the area along the spine... fat will gather over the spine area too. I know you going to a unique look, but she coming off as a thin woman wrapped in big inner tubes. Im sure if you search 'obese' on google images.. you will find all the reference you need.
:thumbsup:

_slangford

adib
08-01-2007, 10:04 AM
Nice work you have here!Good concept to! Keep going and Good luck!:)

DaddyMack
08-01-2007, 03:21 PM
Gunilla... Thanks G! I always appreciate your insights into the finer details. Texture updated

thebest.. Thanks mate... It's great to be able to make some time for this

DaddyMack.. Are you talking to yourself again? Get some sleep mate...

slangford.. Humble thanks for the brain borrow dude, I would never have seen the lack of fat in that spot, I started to tweek it and it came together instantly... The tummy fought me in the first one too... I'll get on it. As for refs, I dug all around have built a good library... The female form is challenging enough as it is without flab and gravity to contend with... It's gonna be quite some time before I final either of these wee babes. Thanks again for your help:D

adib.. Thanks, it's a real challenge for me

DaddyMack
08-01-2007, 03:24 PM
http://assets.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/18/12560/12560_1185978282_medium.jpg (http://assets.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/18/12560/12560_1185978282_large.jpg)

Just a quick start on some accessories for the dresser... Kinda running outta ideas for clutter... any o you brainy ones got any?

slured1
08-01-2007, 03:57 PM
Really good stuff!! makes me want to start fiddling with z-brush again!

How about some picture frames for the dresser?

These could be used to give a bit of narrative depth - perhaps a glimpse into the woman’s past.

...tell some kind of story which perhaps explains her strange behavior...

i.e. she used to quite big etc... i'm sure you could think of something more interesting.

plus it contributes to the whole theme of appearance and self image.

slangford
08-01-2007, 04:49 PM
You need stuff huh? well I know that my dresser currently has...
-pictures
-hair clips, pony tail makers
-hand mirror
-jewelry box
-underwear
-car keys
-loose change
-tv remote
-lamp
-watch/ clock
-the drawers arnt all closed.
-there is lipstick notes written on the mirror
-maybe a cat?

I hope my wifes mess proves to be slighty useful...:thumbsup:

_slang

Gunilla
08-01-2007, 06:14 PM
Beautiful render! And I like the way she keeps her stuff neat and in order, that goes well with her personality I think. Somewhat of a control freak, right?
Are you planning to go for a realistic style for this? That would be interesting for this concept methinks :)

And as for additional things that I think could suit her;
Birth control pills
Ginseng and other Herbal health stuff
Calendar + phone book
Cellphone
... and perhaps something really wicked?

DaddyMack
08-01-2007, 11:21 PM
http://assets.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/18/12560/12560_1186006889_medium.jpg (http://assets.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/18/12560/12560_1186006889_large.jpg)

added a hairdryer and some deodorant and hairspray cans

DaddyMack
08-01-2007, 11:41 PM
slured1.. Picture frames for sure! Thanks, I'll get onto a back story too

slangford.. By Jeebus That's an awesome list... Humble thanks S! Your wifes' mess is most useful, I'll get onto it today

Gunilla.. Thanks again G! My new PC renders literally 10x faster than my trusty old box (now my net machine) so I can afford a little more;) I've got a great phone I made but never used... it's going in and will be my plan B in case I can't make time for the male... He'll call his compliment through and her mind will change... As for wicked... I'll sneak it in somewhere. She is a perfectionist but loses it at going out time and turns her room upside down looking for the right outfit... Her environment will reflect the growing chaos in her mind, I have to make it neat to mess it up;)

Wow! You guys taking the time you have to chime in will really enhance the mess I'm making here:bowdown: Most humble thanks :bowdown:

antone-m
08-02-2007, 09:21 AM
no experince in such stuff but it looks cool :scream: lol keep going :thumbsup:

Zapan
08-02-2007, 10:03 AM
Hey Dadda !

Those are really beautiful renders , the chrome and glass materials are stunning !
I always wonder if women actually wear all the stuff they got in there bathroom , but most of time the result worth the massive thingies invasion ...

Anyway , keep on rockin' here dadda !

cheers ,

-Zapan

DaddyMack
08-02-2007, 01:49 PM
http://assets.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/18/12560/12560_1186058964_medium.jpg (http://assets.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/18/12560/12560_1186058964_large.jpg)

just taking a break from modelling to play with my new toys

Tremoside
08-03-2007, 08:14 AM
HHHA Rob! I like these. That glossy cover on the furniture. uuuhh. :thumbsup: Just as all these "spare parts" of a woman. Just a suggestion: for this high quality it worth to bake textures. Just as ambient occlusion pass. That would be awesome and you can save some rendertime with no compromises on quality. Just an idea. It's gonna be cool for sure.

About latest character update. Right now i feel it a little "puffy", maybe more gravity on fatty areas could be a plus. But it's clear she is a unique piece :bounce:

DaddyMack
08-03-2007, 09:25 PM
http://assets.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/18/12560/12560_1186172741_medium.jpg (http://www.mack3d.com/z3/Mack3d_PoshSculpt2.mov)

I've come closer to finalising the major forms for this little mamma... currently 1 million polys, will go one more subdiv for detailing... Hope you like :D

Hit the image for the timelapse or get it here (http://www.mack3d.com/z3/Mack3d_PoshSculpt2.mov)

antone-m
08-04-2007, 05:36 PM
hmmm she looks a bit ugly:D lol may be cuz that she is bald:wise: waiting for the hair :twisted: ......... keep going amigo :thumbsup:

DaddyMack
08-05-2007, 12:05 AM
Tremo.. You legend!... I was doing some render forecasts and was seeing a very heavy load... Brilliant idea baking it all in, thanks mate, I'll start researching it this week. I also took your advice with the mammas flab... update to follow

thebest.. Thanks mate, she's supposed to be a bit bitter because of her situation, glad it shines through a bit... I'm hooked... keep going I will. Some uglyerness to follow...

DaddyMack
08-05-2007, 12:05 AM
http://assets.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/18/12560/12560_1186268745_medium.jpg (http://www.mack3d.com/z3/mack3dnoshsculpt2.mov)

Flabtastic(tm)

Timelapse is in the image or here... (http://www.mack3d.com/z3/mack3dnoshsculpt2.mov)

Check my previous submission post for the skinny sculpt... slowly getting up the hill. Will do some base rigging tests this week

Any advice on either of their bodies/ faces/ forms will be greatly appreciated :bowdown::wavey:

melkao
08-05-2007, 12:12 AM
Wow ...what a nice model....is that Zbrush...Right?:thumbsup:

DaddyMack
08-05-2007, 12:15 AM
melkao.. Thanks mate and Yup... it's sooo Zbrush;)

overcontrast
08-05-2007, 04:32 AM
eeeeuuuu that is one hidious looking woman... no offence to her but i'll never go out on a date with her, not in a million years LOL. Nice sculpting mate... looking good.

One thing tho, the normal looking female character's anatomy around the rib cage looks a bit off and the legs are looking a bit to stiff, female legs have a lot more curves in them. Also the wrist looks very thin. And I also noticed the nose looks very small from the side view. Mayb try looking at more reference image.

Thats just my 2 cents, hope that helped.

Ur doing a good job. Keep it up:thumbsup: and over all have fun, as far as i kno u, u will!

macling
08-05-2007, 09:06 AM
Nice work!
And thanks for sharing these timelapses!
I like the ideas with the 2 sides of a mirror-
I think the fat lady could need some flesh overlapping her ankles too- her lower legs are nothing in contrast to her torso exaggeration.
What application will you use to render your displacement map laters?

handlebar
08-05-2007, 02:52 PM
Flabberriffic Robert. Looks like you're well in control of things, can't wait to see the animation. Keep the faith daddyo your doing great, and thanks for popping over to the X,Y side, i appreciate your support, i still haven't missed Z yet.

Steve 8)

DaddyMack
08-06-2007, 02:49 AM
overcontrast.. Hey thanks for the fresh eyes on this mate, much appreciated... I'll refine her form as per your insights asap.. Very helpful ... and you know me, it's always fun and games;)

macling.. I agree about the ankles... couldn't find much reference for them, I'll dig deeper, thanks for the compliments, it's going thru max into Mental Ray for final render

handlebar.. lol... looks can be deceiving:P Thanks for the drop in Mr minus an axis... you're still blowing me away even with your self imposed handicap LYW:applause: I'm just about to hit some rigging... that's where the fun will really start

Gunilla
08-06-2007, 06:17 AM
Ouch - that is indeed a disturbing sight! I like the twisted look you made her, not directly physical accurate but more as the inner nightmare of any woman trying to be in control.
This is such a great concept, congrats already :thumbsup:

DaddyMack
08-06-2007, 09:35 AM
Gunilla.. :cry: Thanks Gunners... You called it as I am trying to state it :bowdown:

I thought possibly it could be even stranger if the mamma in the mirror started off only a little bit fatter and progressively increased in size as fat just blobs out over her clothes in areas... sorta like the nutty professor morfs... eyeewwww... I'l have to do some R+D on it... rigging has begun

DaddyMack
08-06-2007, 09:38 PM
http://assets.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/18/12560/12560_1186432699_medium.jpg (http://assets.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/18/12560/12560_1186432699_large.jpg)

Just a very basic test of the 3d/ mirror image aspect of this project... more to follow soon...

melkao
08-06-2007, 10:23 PM
OOOh nice update. now is more clear the general idea....nice job!:thumbsup:

slangford
08-06-2007, 10:46 PM
Alright, the ladies meet! This is were the fun begins.
Im sure you will work on the room some more later on... but I would scale down all your wood maps as they make everything feel really small.
Keep it up!

_slangford

Kanga
08-07-2007, 01:37 PM
Ha ha cool idea,... very current comment on the state of affairs indeed! :thumbsup:

Cheerio Chris

DaddyMack
08-07-2007, 11:53 PM
melkao.. Thanks, it's slowly coming together

slangford.. Thanks mate, will adjust the maps soon

Kanga.. lol, thanks K! you know I live with 3 girls mate... this is a part of my life

Currently bogged down in rigging and &(^(%*$ cloth testing... no update to show yet... soon:wavey:

overcontrast
08-08-2007, 04:29 AM
nice update mate!... now this is gonna b fun. I see everythings coming togather now.. cant wait to see what its gonna look when all the hi-res characters will be in place and all lit and textured... keep goin!!:bounce:

DaddyMack
08-08-2007, 12:06 PM
http://assets.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/18/12560/12560_1186571164_medium.jpg (http://www.mack3d.com/z3/clothtest01.mov)

Hi Guys, spent most of the day wrestling the rig and getting over the hump of cloth in this scene... Hope you like;)

Hit the image for the link or get it here (http://www.mack3d.com/z3/clothtest01.mov)

varma
08-08-2007, 03:02 PM
I just watched your movie clip and I must way I was impressed by your rigging work!
Beside the small glitch, where the lady to the right gets her arm penetrated into the
body, the whole anim was very smooth and nice!
Are you using blendshapes with the same rig by the way?
Good luck with your scene!

slangford
08-08-2007, 03:42 PM
Great Job Rob! But for that extra bit of funny... give Big Mamma a ridiculously tiny dress. It could really push your idea over the edge. :thumbsup:

DaddyMack
08-08-2007, 10:09 PM
varma.. Hey thanks man... the rig is like 6 hours of battling and testing/tweeking, it still has a way to go before it's solid but at least I can start playing with animation and testing:D I rigged the thin mamma first and morphed her into big mamma, I'll then tweek up the big mamma rig to refine the many areas that need attention. I'll post some fun soon

slangford.. lol, That is pure evil mate... Thanks for the early morning mental image of her struggling to stretch a tiny dress to cover her ample form... I'll be quietly chuckling about that for days... Pure evil

:bowdown: Thanks guys, all this support and suggesting is really making this project :bowdown:

DaddyMack
08-08-2007, 11:40 PM
ZBRUSH 3 Just released!... I'm rendering some fun and then I'll try exporting some maps with the new app

DaddyMack
08-09-2007, 06:58 AM
http://assets.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/18/12560/12560_1186639112_medium.jpg (http://www.mack3d.com/z3/mirrordance.mov)

Hi guys, just a fun little rig test with some mocap data...

Hit the image for the link or download it here (http://www.mack3d.com/z3/mirrordance.mov)

Wayne jermaine
08-09-2007, 07:26 AM
hey daddy .. i love the rig test.. sweet

antone-m
08-09-2007, 08:42 AM
lol funny one keep going :thumbsup:

DaddyMack
08-09-2007, 08:59 AM
Wayne jermaine.. Cheers mate, just some good clean fun

thebest.. thanks, it's gotten to that point where I have no choice... this project has my attention for sure

Zbrush 3.1 looks like a sweet update guys

gpepper
08-09-2007, 09:12 AM
Funny rig test Rob !
Yeah the 3.1 is here ! Maybe I could export some cool displacment map and normal map !

Gunilla
08-09-2007, 09:49 AM
Haha, sweet test! Ms Fatty looks so happy when dancing like that, Cool Daddy (oh, no - not again!!) Now I will be humming all day :D

ZB update is great news - perhaps I can redo all maps once more. Yay for techie tweaks :thumbsup:

handlebar
08-09-2007, 07:19 PM
Ok Robert, now you've made me miss that axis, realy enjoying your thread and the anim test is great. Are we going to see wabble in the flab, i have no idea how to animate so i don't know how difficult that would be, would give a new meaning to soft bodies with your larger than life character though. Looking forward to updates.

Steve 8)

DaddyMack
08-09-2007, 08:48 PM
gpepper.. Thanks mate... 3.1 looks like a fun little bag o tricks... I'll dig into it a bit today and try export some maps on this end too

Gunilla.. Noooooo... Please... make... it... s t o p . . .

Handlebar.. Flab just aint flabtastic(tm) until it wobbles;) I'll do some softbody tests further down the rabbit hole... Glad to get a twinge of Z envy outta ya tho:P You'll be back

Tremoside
08-10-2007, 07:48 AM
Hi Robert,

It's a really serious post :cool: Please tell me where can i purchase that fat plugin! Also searching for tree mocap data. Please you lord of avatars. Heeelp :bounce: Fatty needs some plastical surgery and vertex massage: don't you try some flex modifier on fatty areas? I WANT TO SEE A JELLY MAMMA please :buttrock:

Ok, keep things goin' well! HHa

Gunilla
08-10-2007, 09:31 AM
Hahaha! Your avatar is killing me! ... or, "You make me feel like dancing" :D

I'm all for flex modifier too - the people demand wobbly fat and some serious softbody dynamics :bounce:

DaddyMack
08-10-2007, 09:02 PM
Tremo.. Good luck with the mocap search:P Some flab testing to follow...

Guniilla.. You know I hold you responsible... literally caught myself at different times throughout the day humming cheesy boney M songs... One will definitely be playing in the background of the animation for this piece... Flab to follow

Thanks guys :bowdown::wavey:

DaddyMack
08-10-2007, 09:25 PM
http://assets.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/18/12560/12560_1186777498_medium.jpg (http://www.mack3d.com/z3/Flabspastic%28tm%29.mov)

Hi guys... set this up late last night and rendered while I got a few ZZZs... It's just a flex modifier on top of an edit poly node with soft select and a few tweeks... pretty lame but the slow mo makes me chuckle. I'll definitely look into some proper soft body or additional rigging system for flab control soon.

Hit the image or grab the movie here (http://www.mack3d.com/z3/Flabspastic%28tm%29.mov)

overcontrast
08-10-2007, 11:07 PM
wooho... that look like fun man... wish i never see this in real life... :eek: cool animation test... but guess shes not gonna do anything like that in the final movie LOL... wud be funny if she does tho... neways keep up the good works and keep entertaining us :D MORE! MORE! MORE!

Xion-Cajou
08-10-2007, 11:37 PM
Itīs getting nice... :thumbsup: i think flex will totally do, therīre a lot of options for tweaking
and you can even convert it to a simple softbody. To make it look like fat you can
build a lowpoly version of your character apply flex with softselection and skinwrap
the higher poly version, on highpoly models the effect of mass is difficult to achieve.

A more stable way is to add bones where you want the fat to wabble and use spring controllers... works very good looks totally like fat but you need a ton of extra bones.
If you find a better way, like a plugin etc. i would be interested in this too...

Tremoside
08-11-2007, 08:35 AM
WOOW, speedy Mamma is a nightmare! I don't want to meet her in my dreams. Flopping around me. ups... This fat stuff really worth the work of adjustments and settings. Very promising!! :bounce: Really funny with the flip. :thumbsup: let the body move!

DaddyMack
08-11-2007, 09:15 AM
overcontrast.. Thanks man and can I just say Weeeeeee... This is the most fun I've had in ages

xioncajou.. Thanks a bundle for the pointers... I can tell already that to achieve truly Flabtastic(tm) results will be a big challenge... I'll try all options out but at the end of the day it will proibably be bones and I'll look into springs

Tremoside.. Aww come on mate... you know you want it;)

The more I play with this mamma the more I fall in love with her umm... personality... She is clearly gonna eclipse the other character/s in this piece and I'm exploring how to take it further...

She could taunt the thin woman from behind the mirror a'la smeagol and gollum and be like a dark side that will try to control her, tell her to hate her date or sometrhing... The thin woman eventually overpowering her and deciding to be nice to her date tonight instead of devastating him... She will have to do at least some sexy dance and be very animated to really bring out her personality... I'm gonna defiinitely dig around in the dark side for a while and see what pwops out... Any helps from you mighty minds would be great...

I'm trying to connect with something I feel many people experience and would really appreciate any insights into it :bowdown: Thanks again :Bowdown:

handlebar
08-11-2007, 10:40 AM
Lol great work DM. Hows about fat momma sticks her hand into her belly folds and pulls out a big cream cake. She could now taunt thin momma by sexily eating a bit of the cream, here her expression could change to one of jealousy and launch the cake at the mirror towards little momma. Just food for thought, pardon the pun.

Steve 8)

DaddyMack
08-11-2007, 08:29 PM
Handlebar.. Priceless... She'll be all 'come on... you know you want it'... Thanks mate:wise:

tnads
08-11-2007, 08:37 PM
I love the rig test.. great work!

DaddyMack
08-11-2007, 09:25 PM
http://assets.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/18/12560/12560_1186863940_medium.jpg (http://www.mack3d.com/z3/sexyback.mov)

lol... just my last bit o fun and games before I get back to work on this:P

Hit the image or grab it here (http://www.mack3d.com/z3/sexyback.mov)

slangford
08-11-2007, 10:12 PM
Now listen here!!! You are having entirely tooo much fun with this.... This is serious business and its not supposed to be fun or funny and you sir, clearly do not understand!

(its hard to express sarcasm when typing but that was my attempt :scream: Great Job Rob!)

DaddyMack
08-11-2007, 10:50 PM
tnads.. Thanks, it's been fun so far

DaddyMack.. Frazy as ever mate...

slangford.. Dude!.. Couldn't take you seriously if I tried Mr I'll make a nun motorcycle gang. Respect! Thanks for the cheeky smile I now have on my face

As Mammas persona emerges I really am seeing a dark side of humanity in us all... the part in us that tells us that we don't fit in, aren't cool, aren't pretty, aren't smart enough to be good at 3d or are in some way a lesser being than our fellow humans etc regardless of how blessified we may be in all or any of these things.

I could play with Mamma for weeks but I think it's time I knuckle down and start really clarifying my plot here... I've got the classic protagonist/ antagonist situation... I just need to define what they are fighting over and how their battle will ensue. I plan to build up to a really frantic pace toward the end and have alrerady got a few cool endings. Nature of the game... 'Strange Behaviour'

Any pointers will be much appreciated:bowdown:

Wayne jermaine
08-12-2007, 04:56 AM
i really enjoy your whips so far... that fat chick is bringing sexy back!!.... trust me i got chips and dips, a lazy boy, my beer helmet

we want more! more!

gpepper
08-12-2007, 04:59 PM
I laugth every time I see your animation ! The huge women is great and disgust me a bit too...:eek:

nwiz25
08-12-2007, 08:57 PM
wen i saw ur animation clip .. i was like :eek: plus .. :drool: .. then .. :buttrock: .. finally ... :applause:

u rock mate! love the movement .. especially your take on an insanely fat woman gettin jiggy with it! awesome idea man! can't wait to c the final ...

cheers buddy! :beer:

DaddyMack
08-13-2007, 06:24 AM
Wayne jermaine.. Beer helmet... :drool:

gpepper.. thanks mate, my aim is to disgust and entice at the same time

nwiz25.. Thanks, I was having too much fun fior a little while there, back to work now...

After playing with the idea for a bit I thought I might do a 'too ugly' and a 'too old' to add to my 'too fat' mirror images... Will have to assess their integration into pipeline and story but I think they're strong enough to make an appearence...

What do you guys think? anything I'm missing?

DaddyMack
08-14-2007, 09:03 PM
http://assets.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/18/12560/12560_1187121778_medium.jpg (http://www.mack3d.com/z3/poshface.mov)

Hi guys, been busy trying to nail down the story but took some time out to try ZB3.1 for detailing... new timelapse function actually shows cursor/ strokes too which is handy..

Hit the pic or get it here. (http://www.mack3d.com/z3/poshface.mov)

darth
08-14-2007, 10:09 PM
Great idea. Am loving the clips you are creating. Big people can be so funny. Especially throwing all there weight around like that flip. I just watched Norbit last night and that could have some good reference for you. Can't wait to see the final.

antone-m
08-15-2007, 06:50 AM
rocking :buttrock: rocking :buttrock: rocking :buttrock: rocking :buttrock:

DaddyMack
08-16-2007, 07:29 AM
darth.. Legend! Thanks, I'll borrow Norbit this weekend:D

thebest.. Trying.. Trying.. Trying.. Trying..... Thanks mate

I've got the bra happening and the Gstring on the thin Mamma... will have a play tonight and stretch them around the bigger mamma

Thanks Guys:bowdown:

Gunilla
08-16-2007, 10:02 AM
As always fun to see your workflow. :thumbsup: Love the sexy mama clip too - it's fun how the characters already shows a lot of personality... I like it that the fat one actually shows a lot more of self confidence and happiness than the skinny one. Maybe she has something to teach the nervous beauty?
looking forward to your next steps here.

DaddyMack
08-16-2007, 08:42 PM
http://assets.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/18/12560/12560_1187293324_medium.jpg (http://www.mack3d.com/z3/poshtt.mov)

Hi guys, just finally figured the bikini and rig etc, here's the basic result

DaddyMack
08-16-2007, 09:45 PM
http://assets.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/18/12560/12560_1187297149_medium.jpg (http://www.mack3d.com/z3/noshbrasculpt.mov)

Hi guys, I thought I'd have a shot at the bra for the big mamma this morn... I look and wonder again... Have I gone too far?.. It was fun tho, as the vid shows;) I will tweak the bra strap in Max to make it a bit sturdier.

Hit the pic for the vid or get it here (http://www.mack3d.com/z3/noshbrasculpt.mov)

slangford
08-17-2007, 02:44 PM
Man... you're having too much fun with this! It looks great... really a nightmare if Ive ever seen one. You might check out the 'armpit' area, I would think the chest fat would want to fall to the side and fill that in that area. Also you might see what she would look like if you removed the vertical crease down the center of her belly. You're doin great man

varma
08-17-2007, 03:02 PM
Hilarious modeling! Nice to see how other's approach on shaping organic forms!
Do they have all kind of reference at 3d.sk? just kidding! You must have very
vivid sense of imagination to come up with all that well-placed muscle and
tissue!
Keep up, it's going very well!

Wayne jermaine
08-17-2007, 04:28 PM
O My God! I like her skinny friend better, she is hotter

melkao
08-17-2007, 05:08 PM
wow...that bra must be huge!...i can fit in it....i like that model...is welldetailed!:scream:

ania
08-17-2007, 05:58 PM
the fat one is cool
but I think the thin one has too wide shoulders, makes her look too much like a male.

DaddyMack
08-17-2007, 09:14 PM
Thanks guys, I was beginning to lose interest in this process and your words have raised my spirits again... :bowdown: Thanks... The story is proving more difficult than I thought and it will take some time to nut out... I think I might spend most of this weekend (my first 2 days in a row off this year) away from the pc

Gunilla.. Thanks G! I'll have all of this and much much more to share when Mack3d.com goes public before the end of year. As for Mamma, I find the thin character to really be lacking in poersonality in comparison and am thinking I may stylise her further. Teaching is an angle I hadn't looked into yet, thanks G! I'll see where that fits in:D

DaddyMack.. Can't... stop... looking.. at.. fat... people...

slangford.. Legend! I removed the vertical crease and rebuilt her belly after reading your advice (and watching Norbit:scream:) and before I crashed my comp it was looking really good... Will have to attempt it again soon Cheers mate... Also I filled the armpit like you said, I sooo appreciate your fresh insights into this, my eyes are tiring of it atm

varma.. THanks Mathias, (puts on eerie voice) I see fat people...

Wayne jermaine.. Welp... there's no accounting for taste now is there:P

melkao.. lol... lol... yup it's about 6 times the size of the original, thanks for your comments, they always make me smile

ania.. Thanks for the fresh critique, much appreciated, I'll look into tweeking her shoulders a bit

Update to follow:wavey:

DaddyMack
08-17-2007, 09:21 PM
http://assets.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/18/12560/12560_1187382082_medium.jpg (http://www.mack3d.com/z3/noshbra2a.mov)

Just following some excellent advice from you guys... Thanks a mountain, I'll remodel the bra strap in Max to umm offer a bit more support

Hit the pic or get the vid here (http://www.mack3d.com/z3/noshbra2a.mov)

mdavid
08-18-2007, 02:17 AM
Whoah! I've been absent during the development of this thread and have therefore missed out on quite a party. I love the way it's going so far. You've taken your original idea and fleshed it out beautifully. Okay, so there's a pun in there but you're still about a hundred jokes ahead of me

DaddyMack
08-18-2007, 09:18 PM
http://assets.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/18/12560/12560_1187468313_medium.jpg (http://assets.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/18/12560/12560_1187468313_large.jpg)

Thanks to some sound advice I remodelled the gut this morn and am far more happy with the direction it's heading... I get the feeling I'll remodel the chin and cheeks as well soon

DaddyMack
08-19-2007, 08:47 PM
Mdavid.. A big smile on my face from your comments mate:D We should try and maybe meet for a beer...

\/ \/ \/ \/ \/ \/ \/ \/ \/ \/ \/ \/ \/ \/ \/ \/ \/

Hi guys, I have spent some time trying to nut out how to tell this story and I've currently got 2 main premises that I'm finding it hard to split...

1... Skinny woman is seeing the fat mamma in the mirror and being really tormented by it

2... Fat Mamma is seeing the skinny woman in the mirror and is really happy with how sexy she looks

or possibly 3... just to really complicate thangs... The story could be told from both sides of the mirror...

/\ /\ /\ /\ /\ /\ /\ /\ /\ /\ /\ /\ /\ /\ /\ /\ /\
Any o you folk out there wanna chime in and let me know what you'd rather see?:bowdown::wavey: Thanks!

Gunilla
08-20-2007, 06:57 AM
I vote for number 3. That's the way I've understood it all along - could be really fun.
Come on, you can do it! :bowdown:

mdavid
08-20-2007, 11:07 AM
I'm cheering for number 1. I've always been bewildered at how skinny women see themselves as being lumpy and think it would be mighty cool to see that 'strange behavior' animated.

By the way, it would be great to catch up for that beer once my work slows down a bit

DaddyMack
08-20-2007, 09:07 PM
http://assets.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/18/12560/12560_1187640431_medium.jpg (http://assets.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/18/12560/12560_1187640431_large.jpg)

IdCrisis 2... Strange behaviour entry

Main premise: A sexy woman has some issues with her distortedly perceived reflection in the mirror.

Goals: Communicate the power of the negative inner dialog, create humor, create empathy

Core concepts: Fat woman taunts thin woman... Fat woman teaches thin woman a lesson... Thin woman looks in the mirror and goes into a trance like state while fat woman decides who she will be tonight.

Screenplay:

Intro of concept

ACT1
Opens to establishing shot of woman dancing to cheesy Bony M track, phone rings, she turns music down, we hear man on the other end confirming their date. He says 'Try and look extra sexy tonight babe, I really want to impress the guys'. She hangs phone up and places it on the dresser... She pauses to look at herself in the mirror (looking normal) and expresses mild disapproval... As she walks from shot we see her butt inflate in the mirror. She returns into view with a dress to wear and holds it over her body, turns in profile and sees her butt grow while she looks at it... She expresses some sadness physically and then exits the shot. She returns with another dress, this time more revealing, she holds it up against herself and we see her mirror image expand further, especially in the areas where the dress is revealing. She tosses dress aside as she leaves shot, she then returns with another and we see her body expand further... At this point she has a little tantrum and throws the dress at the mirror... Camera follows dress to mirror and we finally see full blown big mamma going to fetch another dress.

ACT2
Mamma is trying to stretch a tiny dress over her ample form and makes comments about the impossibility of fitting into it while she looks at herself from different angles.

Mamma: You know... you'll never fit into that...
Thin: Oooh I know I know... What am I gonna do?
Mamma: Stay home, we'll eat his birthday cake together... I think he's gay anyway
Thin: No!.. He can't be... He's so... He's.. He's metrosexual... not gay... yeah metrosexual
Mamma: Gay or not... What makes you think he really loves you anyway huh! You know one day he'll find someone skinnier and sexier and dump your fat ass just like the rest.
Thin: You... You think so... But he told..
Mamma: He's a man isn't he!
Thin: (sobs) Mwahh... I'll never be skinny enough... No one will ever want me...
Mamma: I want you though... I want you to stay home and eat that cake
Thin: But it's his birthday
Mamma: (mocks) But it's his Birthdaaaay... let him have his party with his gayboy friends... We'll have our own party
Thin: But..
Mamma: Caaake..
Mamma: Caaaake..
Mamma: Caaaaake..

ACT3
The struggle between our characters has escalated to a crescendo and the phone rings to break the flow, it's her date he called to apologise for what he said earlier and reminds her that he thinks she always looks sexy and beautiful and can come wearing whatever she wants... the thin woman stops and looks at herself without the aid of the mirror and finally sees herself as she really is instead. We see her exit from screen and return wearing a dress that looks awesome on her. She ignores the fat mamma trying to get her attention in the mirror as she walks by and grabs her handbag... She exits the room and we pan back to mamma saying 'you'll be back' nodding... 'you always come back'... Fade to black Quick credits (music don't ya by pussycat dolls) With Mamma dancing as sexy as ever... slow fade out and fade in... we see an ad in the paper with a pic of the mirror for sale...

DaddyMack
08-20-2007, 09:13 PM
Gunilla.. Argh! By far the hardest but I'll try and pull the ideas I have into a story

Mdavid.. Me too.. I live with my wife and 2 daughters and well... Beer sounds good:P

Thanks for your input guys, The base premise I posted above is rough but I think it conveys their roles and personalities reasonably well and I think it gives mamma her chance to hog the spotlight. I'll try nut out premise 3 this week and weigh them up

Any input would be sooo helpful

:beer:

DaddyMack
08-21-2007, 09:59 PM
http://assets.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/18/12560/12560_1187729996_medium.jpg (http://assets.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/18/12560/12560_1187729996_large.jpg)

Hi guys, got to spend a little time here trying to finalise the bra and corresponding flab... seems OK to me atm.. Anything I'm missing?

overcontrast
08-21-2007, 10:24 PM
ooh... its so painfully good.... those fats still grosses me out... no offence to overweight ppl... (i'm also seems to be goin that way) gr8 job on the bra fitting man... no crits from me...:bounce:

mdavid
08-21-2007, 11:17 PM
No crits from me either. I'm impressed by your script too - especially the bit at the end with mamma saying 'You'll be back. You always come back'. That's a clever insight into the insidious nature of distorted body image for some people

slangford
08-22-2007, 04:06 PM
Looking great man!! Only thing you might look at is the shoulder area. Even though this is an extreme-nightmare self-image take on an over wieght chick, you might smooth out some of areas like the shoulder... big people are typically more smooth-ish as all muscle definition gets covered up. (like this (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v122/slangford/fatguy.jpg))

So whats next? :bounce:

ania
08-22-2007, 04:55 PM
oh I noticed, I have the feeling she has too thin fingers, some thick short sausage fingers would fit better. but I'm not sue because I dont't see it well in the perspectives of your recent posts.

great work on the bra.
does she have a string tanga too? I guess it's covered.

DaddyMack
08-23-2007, 12:23 AM
overcontrast.. lol... I've grown a bit o jelly around my belly this winter too mate. too much clicking clacking and late night snacking. Thanks mate, glad you umm... like her

mdavid.. Whoah!.. Insidious... What a powerful word mate, thanks:bowdown: it captures the vibe I'm after perfectly and will be a measuring stick for her actions. Thanks

slangford.. Gotcha, I noticed the huge diff that the crease removal in her gut made and plan to soften all of the borders between the fatty tissue more... I'll start some seious dimpling after that... Good lookin out :beer:

ania.. lol... I'm actually still struggling with her Gstring... I'll finish it soon. Thanks for the headsup on the fingers, I'll definitely refine them asap. I plan to spend next week creating morph targets for her face and flab so I kinda wanna finalise her.

I thinkI've procrastinated enough with all of this so I'll finalise character models soon and figure out how the hell I'm gonna texture rig and animate this heffa and her less endowed friend... Thanks for the great insights and support guys, it keeps me on track here:bowdown::wavey:

varma
08-23-2007, 10:14 PM
The belly area looks much better now!
I'm also in favor of Idea 1!
Go for it!

shy-guy
08-24-2007, 05:53 PM
Hey mate, you got a really funny idea there, its coming along quite nicely:thumbsup: Keep it up.

And i also think the idea Nš1 is the better option.

I loved the sexy back video btw, it was... disturbingly funny :surprised

DaddyMack
08-24-2007, 08:33 PM
varma.. Thanks Mat, I've reworked the face and the rest of the bod to a little less exaggerated state... Idea 1 was the original so I'll probably run with it

shy-guy.. lol.. Great thanks man:D Sexy back is my fav too... I plan to don our mocap suit and do the dance for the end credit sequence myself:curious:

Update to follow:wavey:

DaddyMack
08-24-2007, 08:36 PM
http://assets.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/18/12560/12560_1187984205_medium.jpg (http://assets.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/18/12560/12560_1187984205_large.jpg)

Hi guys, I reworked the bod and face to hopefully a slightly more realistic, slightly less monstrous state... I also tried to key in the skinny womans face with the shape of the eyes, lips and nose... I'll post a morph comparison soon

How's she look?

DaddyMack
08-24-2007, 09:47 PM
hi guys, here's just a little comparison betwwen the thin mamma, the v1 big mamma and the new mamma faces... The final is about the 100 frame mark

1mb quicktime (http://www.mack3d.com/z3/finalfaces.mov)

Wayne jermaine
08-24-2007, 10:01 PM
Hey daddy mack, your stuff is fun man always makes my day. I visit everyday to get a laughter

I love the skinny chick vs big chick whip. Keep on coming with those updates mate.

melkao
08-24-2007, 10:50 PM
every update looks better....more details on the model....very nice jobwith the legs and hips.....:applause:

DaddyMack
08-25-2007, 07:17 PM
Wayne jermaine.. Thanks mate, this project has been hard for me to take seriously because it tickles me a bit too;) I get the feeling that your anim will be loads of fun as well

melkao.. Thanks, I think I'm finished her base model for now. I can finally stop looking at pictures of fat women

Looks like I'll be tied up with rigging for a bit guys... back soon:wavey:

DaddyMack
08-25-2007, 09:16 PM
Hi guys, got up to some early mornin morf making... Just working on the base shapes for both o these babes. The plan is to make the main morfs on the thin mamma and then apply them to the big mamma as base shapes to refine into finals... I've noticed some issues with the corner of the mouth which I'll tend to but overall I'm happy with the first test.

Here's the 1mb .mov (http://www.mack3d.com/z3/morf1.mov)

varma
08-26-2007, 07:32 PM
The chin/cheek area looks improved and very good now! I'm curious to see what kind of
hair you will be choosing for her, that would be a sensation, and of course eyes!
one thing I have been thinking about, The body from the bra area and up, looks scaled
down, comparing to the rest of the body, and laid back! If you could scale that part up
and move it a bit forward? But again I could be wrong!
Hair, Hair, Hair now!

DaddyMack
08-28-2007, 05:53 AM
http://assets.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/18/12560/12560_1188276835_medium.jpg (http://www.mack3d.com/z3/dontcha.mov)

Hi guys, been marking exams so no updates for a while but I made some time this morning to start on the morf and rig... here's a little test, the rig is not quite up to standard yet but fun nonetheless.

hit the pic or grab it here (http://www.mack3d.com/z3/dontcha.mov)

Hollah!..

antone-m
08-28-2007, 06:21 AM
lol couldn`t stop laughing when I read what u wrote on it .......nice face rig mate :thumbsup:

DaddyMack
08-28-2007, 07:39 AM
varma.. thanks mate, I'll try to balance the shoulders with the rest of the form a bit more... I've always had hair issues so I've been putting it off... thanks for the nudge;)

thebest.. :D:beer:

OK... here goes... I'm taking on extra work aaand extra study... Something's gotta give. I'm not totally attached to this project yet because other than the big mamma, the rest just doesn't fully float my boat yet. I'm worrying that it isn't stron enough to maintain my attention through the next 2 months. I've been looking for the hook and may have found it...

She is a he?... I'm thinking that the big Mamma could easily be a cross dressing man who has delusions about how he looks as a female in the mirror... The sequence could be of him slowly getting ready to go out while grooving away to and singing along with the pussycat dolls 'Dontcha' while we get a lookin on how he sees himself change into a beautiful woman with each layer of femininity he adds to himself... Far stranger behaviour IMHO...

*ahem*... now... back in the real world. What do you guys think?:shrug:

antone-m
08-28-2007, 11:03 AM
muhahahahahaha :twisted: nice idea mate ...............strange behavier indeed :D

slangford
08-28-2007, 03:01 PM
I like it! It sounds like a pretty solid animation... could be really interesting. Work out an animatic and see if it fits before you commit to it. :thumbsup:

Wayne jermaine
08-29-2007, 12:31 AM
hey dady I love the way she smile. maybe her beauty is skin deep:) way behind that fat there is a nice person: Good job man more! more !

melkao
08-29-2007, 12:35 AM
oooohhh....hard work with the rigg of the face!...but the expresions looks nice....:)

DaddyMack
08-29-2007, 09:16 PM
thebest.. thanks.. I'll try and do it justice

slangford.. I can see the animatic... I've written a 1 page screenplay for it, I'll try knock out an animatic in the next 2 days

Wayne jermaine.. Yup a nice... man by the looks of things... all will be explained soon:P

Thanks, I've actually chosen to recreate some of the poorer topology on the face and body and I'm going to rework this mamma into a man... back to the drawing board.

Here's a pic of some of the mess I'm cleaning up
http://www.mack3d.com/z3/fixtopo.jpg

I'll try and be swift to nail out this model properly as well as the animatic.

Thanks again for all the great advice and support peeps:bowdown::wavey:

mdavid
08-31-2007, 12:40 AM
Ouch! That's one amazing mesh clean-up. Your new idea sounds fun

Gunilla
08-31-2007, 06:56 AM
Gosh! There's nothing can stop you now, Robster :thumbsup:
The face rig works fine - and I really begin to like her more and more for each test, such a cheerful little thing she is :D
About the new idea. I'm sure it could turn out really funny. However... I believe the first concept is much more interesting content wise. Apart from being funny it also has some deeper meaning which I really like about it.
Either one will fit the challenge perfectly and with the speed you're at you will probably make them both :)

Hazaro
08-31-2007, 05:47 PM
Cool Variation..Sweet Models..Congratulations:thumbsup:

varma
08-31-2007, 09:10 PM
Very effective cleanup! it looks much more efficient now! I'm sure it will animate better
after this!
more updates!
:scream:

DaddyMack
09-02-2007, 01:48 AM
mdavid.. Aaahh the pain the pain... Should've got it right first time tho

Gunilla.. Thanks for the boost G! I've got too many things happening at the moment and it's hard to see how I can finish up. I plan to inject some humour but also deeper meaning and disturbance into this... don't worry, the change is for the good...

Hazaro.. thanks, it's been fun so far

varma.. There will be more focus on the face than I originally intended so this cleanup is a necessity...

I have almost got a happening screenplay on this end... I'll post it for you guys to rip at once its done.

Thanks for the great support and criticisms, it is truly driving this project:bowdown::wavey:

DaddyMack
09-06-2007, 08:51 PM
http://assets.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/18/12560/12560_1189108307_medium.jpg (http://assets.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/18/12560/12560_1189108307_large.jpg)

Hi guys, I made this silly shot to say farewll to the Mamma as I am definitely moving forward with my character being a man instead... I've retopologised all of the problem areas on him, re uv'd and I'll be rerigging this weekend... then I plan to run the gauntlet and animate the shots I've got lined up.

Hope you all like devoura
more soon

Tremoside
09-06-2007, 11:24 PM
Yup Rob, the idea is cool! He-she. Crazy. Like all those tweaks you made on fat mamma. Also these funny animations :) Cleanup huh? These kind of vertex smashez makes man mad for sure so congrats on that :thumbsup: I have a comment only on mamma's hand. Can it be a bit more puffy? That's a bit thin now. Especially the palm area. Nothing else. Just push the limits man. As you used to.

Probably you will kill some of us with these funny stuffs. Am already half dead from laugh :applause: man, one day you will be punished :buttrock: ehhh :scream: but do not change!

pixelpiyan
09-07-2007, 09:56 AM
looks fun,

all the best, your idea have good potential.

cheers,
somu
http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?f=224&t=534513

varma
09-07-2007, 10:15 AM
Awesome render, the last one! REally incredible! Give it a cavelike background and dim lighting and it's a masterpiece! Great amount of details and placements!

:applause:

DaddyMack
09-08-2007, 02:15 AM
http://assets.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/18/12560/12560_1189214123_medium.jpg (http://assets.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/18/12560/12560_1189214123_large.jpg)

Hi guys, after some serious hours this guy is almost ready to go, I plan to run final detailing, texturing, rigging etc while I start to block out the shots for the animation... I hope you like him...

For now he is calling himself Gorgeous George unless someone has a better name for him... Expect some fun updates soon:P

DaddyMack
09-08-2007, 02:21 AM
Tremoside.. lol... Welding and cutting mesh in my dreams man. :beer: Glad you like the direction this is heading, I hold your input in the highest regard Tremo... As for the palm, i changed it, fattened it up, it was also a rig problem which I've fixed, and the wrists are stronger too (since she's a he) Thanks for the brain borrow

pixelpiyan.. Thanks, I agree loads of potential, now I just need to realise it...

varma.. :D Glad you like it Varma, it was kinda therapeutic to take some time off the project and play around

DaddyMack.. You're a very very silly man

Thanks for all the great support guys, more soon:wavey:

soapy
09-08-2007, 05:43 AM
Wow Amazing stuff Daddy-O. You are rockin zbrush and those videos are very kool. You have me jealous of all that modeling and animation skill. Well I am looking forward to the rest of the trip, better late than never.

Versiden
09-08-2007, 11:19 AM
I can't see the differences btwn the female and male version, it's probably just me

goodluck with the rig, all that fat looks like a nightmare to preserve all the volume!

handlebar
09-08-2007, 11:25 AM
Great stuff DM, that mesh is looking super clean and ready for action. Looking forward to you're progress.

Steve 8)

varma
09-08-2007, 02:51 PM
I agree, very clean mesh and good topology! It was well worth the doublework!
Hope to see him/her (?) in action as soon as the rigging is done!
Shake that body!!!
:eek:

soapy
09-08-2007, 03:18 PM
I can't see the differences btwn the female and male version,
Hahah, that could be the point?

Gunilla
09-08-2007, 03:39 PM
Hail the Queen! :bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

I'm so impressed by your work here, you're totally dancing here along with your creations. I like the way you make them both disgusting and charming at the same time. Truly sympathetic.

Your sincere fangirl

G.

:D

overcontrast
09-08-2007, 08:37 PM
its so fun to drop by ur thread... theres always a party atmosphere here... very nice updates u got there mate...lol the queen is looking angry! keep going buddy.. waiting to c more from u soon!

Nennad
09-09-2007, 11:48 AM
I would not like to meet the Queen in real life :scream: . I am anxious (and afraid :eek: ) to see what is coming next...!

Wayne jermaine
09-10-2007, 04:06 AM
hey daddy the fat chick is bringing sexy back

gpepper
09-10-2007, 07:11 AM
http://assets.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/18/12560/12560_1189108307_medium.jpg (http://assets.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/18/12560/12560_1189108307_large.jpg)

This shot is so cool !
You changed your idea ?
Ok, let's see how it will turn...

DaddyMack
09-10-2007, 10:09 PM
soapy.. Thanks mate, wouldn't really be a challenge if you weren't here entertaining us:D

Versiden.. lol... the differences are only subtle, he's been taking female hormones to grow boobs and soften his skin... He has a little more muscle, stronger brow, bigger nose and jaw and fake eyelashes. Rigging is driving me nuts... soo many corrective shapes

handlebar.. THanks Steve, I'm finally back on track with all of it, updates across the board soon

varma.. Thanks V! He is almost ready to shake his money maker for the first time

soapy.. Indeed.. thanks

Gunilla.. :blush: disgusting and charming... You say the sweetest things G! I plan to really try and make a connection here... Humblest of thanks

overcontrast.. Thanks Z! I'm trying my wee little heart out here, this is by far the hardest project I've ever taken on... The queen was fun, she's a maneater... literally:P

npantic.. Thanks, it's gonna get messy in here soon...

Wayne jermaine.. lol... Baby got back!

gpepper.. Thanks G! it was a fun break from being a slave to this project and pop that little pic out

Argh... Rigging this mighty misters body for some of the posing I want him to do is proving seriously serious... Nearly there tho, the face rig is sweet thanks to the new topo and I'm doing my first ever eyelashes. I will post some ballet animation I'm currently using to test the rig soon:bowdown: Thanks for all of the awesome support you guys... Much respect due :bowdown:

Versiden
09-10-2007, 11:18 PM
argh I had correcting volumes with corrective shapes, it leads to so much trouble and u can end up having to create shapes for every possible rotation/xzy position. I usualy rig shape deformers that are linked to bone rotations...and seldom using shapes as last ditch resort. Goodluck man!

DaddyMack
09-10-2007, 11:34 PM
Versiden.. Yup, I'd normally have some simple influence objects on it in Maya but I'm trying to figure some solid workflows in Max... Haven't nailed it down just yet but am getting closer using skin morph and external target with vertex select on. The rig is 90% fine except for the belly... It's hard to measure how to make the corrections for volume as well as movement when he bends over or the legs are rotated upwards. If I can't figure it soon I may limit some of the full body shots

DaddyMack
09-12-2007, 10:00 PM
http://assets.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/18/12560/12560_1189630832_medium.jpg (http://www.mack3d.com/strange/Mack3dofftheleash.mov)

Hi guys, I've been finalising some aspects of the rig... I have a skin morf for the belly driven by the rotation of each leg to create the illusion of collision with the legs... I've been concentrating mostly on building the face morfs with the help of transmografier for mirroring... I'll post some face tests soon

I plan to create an animatic soon too:D

Hit the pic fgor the .mov or get it here (http://www.mack3d.com/strange/Mack3dofftheleash.mov)

Hope you like... C+C most appreciated:wavey:

Hazaro
09-12-2007, 10:47 PM
Wow..Cool animation...:thumbsup:

overcontrast
09-12-2007, 11:05 PM
and the fat lady has danced!... o the show is still running!! hehehe gr8 animation test buddy!... i like the fix around the belly.. well done... now i guess ur gonna focus on the upper portion of her body. I'll be waiting for another update...

soapy
09-12-2007, 11:08 PM
Very funny animation, creepy too. Not the kind of dude I would want for a cellmate...

Looking at this movie and thinking about those kool morphing movies youv'e done, I got the idea that you could add a hint of something inside his stomach trying to escape. Or perhaps for another project.

Versiden
09-12-2007, 11:28 PM
haha, the test is cool man, good job..how long did that take to animate? that dance is crazy ;p

Gunilla
09-13-2007, 07:57 AM
Ouhhh - looking cool! Perhaps a tad more flabbery for the belly, some flex perhaps? Face expressions looks great. Keep on stunning us :thumbsup:

gpepper
09-13-2007, 08:05 AM
Maybe it is time to run to the final line Rob !
Your tests are cool but you need to finish this ! only 46 days !
animation seem to be ok but there is still render, environment, compositing, final cut, etc...
It seems to me that we have just few time to finish !
Hurry man !

varma
09-13-2007, 10:04 AM
That really cracks me up! I like his/her choreography as well as facial acting! Very teatrical!
You just can't afford not to have a background music for this clip!
Shake that ...!
:bounce:

Nennad
09-13-2007, 01:54 PM
Aaaggrrh wonderous and disgusting in same time :). A nightmare came true! :)

Besides that i agree with Gpepper, time is leaking... but I see no problem for you, because Animation contest states that the character will be in focus (which cannot prevent me to continue my furniture production ;)

ania
09-13-2007, 04:08 PM
very good dance, only thing bothering me is that she seems to have her shoulders too high, in some poses that is alright and fits well, but in other poses it looks like she's forgot to put her shoulders down again.

handlebar
09-13-2007, 06:16 PM
Wow, that's fantastic DM, i just had a mental image of her/him getting down to the House of Pains 'Jump Around' :bounce: not a pretty site. You realy are pushing the boat out with this challenge Robert and your hard work is evident with every update. Your character is full of life.

melkao
09-13-2007, 06:33 PM
JAJAJAJAJAJAJAJA....thats so funny...a sexy nightmare!...nice job mate!:thumbsup:

DaddyMack
09-13-2007, 08:19 PM
Hazaro.. Thanks, it's all fun and games

overcontrast.. Cheers mate, I'm nearly done all the morfs, just a few emotions and some minor rig tweeks and I can get serious about animation

soapy.. Ben... Ben Dover... lol... I can see a chest burster goin nuts in there too... this char will return to play another day

Versiden.. The dance is just a mocap seq from school... I added it to the biped and saw the first 2 claps line up twith the music an the way the bod moves about so much and thought it'd be perfect for this test

Gunilla.. There is a default flex on the belly which I didn't really test... will turn it up a bit:D thanks

gpepper.. Ihears ya, I only spent 20 mins setting the facial for this test... the rest is mocap, it might look like I'm playing here but it's all work... I promise:P I am having a little trouble deciding exactly which way I'll do this atm, I've given myself til the end of the weekend to commit. Thanks for the kick up the bum:thumbsup:

varma.. Hmm.. I really originallly wanted to tell a story, now I just want to put on a drag show:curious: I will definitely have some kind of 'performance' in the sequence tho... Thanks

ania.. Yup, I know... each time I add a mocrap seq to the biped I used the neck drops down to between the shoulders... dunno why but it means I wont be mocapping this for final anim...

handlebar.. Ahhaaahaaahh.. lol... I saw a fairy trying to be tough guy attitude in that vision you just sent H!.. THanks for the boost... the proof will undoubtedly be in the pudding

melkao.. Thanks, he's crazy like a fool

OK guys... heres my current procrapstination problem...

I want to tell a story with this, I want to really show the character getting dressed up and 'turning into' a woman before he sees herself in the mirror.

but...

I like the personality this character oozes when he performs soo much that I just wanna do a medly of the character singing his greatest hits into a brush in the mirror... I'm hearing girls just wanna have fun, Daddy cool, I will survive, Dancing queen and sooo many other cheesy queeny classics...

I keep hearing the words Strange Behaviour in my head and think that him getting dressed up isn't nearly as strange as him performing with a brush and seeing her in the mirror... help... mee...

I have budgeted 2 days for this indecision and will commit by the end to a final concept... much animation will follow. What do you guys think? Any input?

Also.. any requests/ songs to add to my list of 'must performs'?

:bowdown::wavey:

DaddyMack
09-13-2007, 11:12 PM
http://assets.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/18/12560/12560_1189721545_medium.jpg (http://assets.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/18/12560/12560_1189721545_large.jpg)

Hi guys, just a quick construct of the assets I currently have... loads of work to do, I know...

antone-m
09-14-2007, 09:15 AM
nice render keep going mate :thumbsup:

DaddyMack
09-15-2007, 03:40 AM
http://assets.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/18/12560/12560_1189824006_medium.jpg (http://www.mack3d.com/strange/daddycool.mov)

Hi guys, here's the base face rig tested in action... some of the shapes still need tweeking and the makeup is just a placeholder... Hope you like

Hit the image for the 5mb.mov or get it here (http://www.mack3d.com/strange/daddycool.mov)

overcontrast
09-15-2007, 02:09 PM
yow daddy! fat mamas looking good man... like the facial rig man! keep up the good works!

adib
09-15-2007, 02:28 PM
Looking good! BRAVO!:thumbsup:

melkao
09-15-2007, 05:22 PM
nice face rigg!......you know any tutorial for this kind of rigg?:thumbsup:

DaddyMack
09-15-2007, 09:25 PM
overcontrast.. Thanks Z! It's all coming together now... Gonna give you a run for your money mate

adib.. Thanks, more to come

melkao.. It is a modified version of the technique I learned from Jason Osipas book 'Stop staring' If you buy it you will be very happy;)

Coming soon to a screen near you... On helluva Frazy Animatic:D

DaddyMack
09-15-2007, 11:20 PM
http://assets.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/18/12560/12560_1189894833_medium.jpg (http://www.mack3d.com/strange/act1.mov)

This is the beginning of the animatic guys, it will be broken into 3 basic acts...

Here's the plan; whole thing is shot to Daddy Cool (thanks Gunners!) at the end of this seq (act1) He will be dancing, posing, looking at himself in the mirror while he dons makeup, wig etc, here's where we'll see what he looks like in his mind... After he's finally dressed up and ready there will be a fade to act 3 with him performing some of the more fun parts of the song on stage... Singing both the deep and high parts of the song and hamming it up drag queen style... I'm hoping to end with him sitting at his desk in a suit singing badly to the music in headphones...

Grab act 1 by hitting the pic or get it here (http://www.mack3d.com/strange/act1.mov)

melkao
09-16-2007, 12:38 AM
Jason Osipas eh?...thanks for the tip!...i will seek for that book!

DaddyMack
09-19-2007, 02:08 AM
weeee... I'm starting the animation today of act 1... updates soon:D

Wayne jermaine
09-19-2007, 05:19 AM
nice job daddy mac

Gunilla
09-19-2007, 07:09 AM
Here's the plan; whole thing is shot to Daddy Cool

Love it!

The plan sounds good - absolutely crazy fun. And the idea for the ending is good, gives it a sad twitch... it's all in his dreams :cry:

http://images.leportailweb.com/clips/smiley/ipb/cheer.gif