PDA

View Full Version : Running Fast (combustion)?

OthelloMaster
06-25-2007, 12:30 AM
Ok. I bought like a student superpack with 3dsmax, combustion and cleaner. And i want to try out combustion. But im not sure what i can do in it. Everytime i ask someone they are like its a compositing program. (which i have no idea what it means).

I did a little searching and it appears to be like a mix between PS, Illustrator, and a video editing package.

So lets say i wanted to do like an effect of me running really fast and blurred and all so that i would be going much faster then everyone around me. Like Flash Gordon running. you know what i mean. Can that be done in the program? Is that like really hard and take lots of time? Can you set me on the road in this direction to learning this sort of thing.

Thanks

~Colin

dg
06-25-2007, 07:34 AM
Well you can start with The Art and Science of Digital Compositing by Ron Brinkman (a must for any compositor), Digital Compositing in Depth by Doug Kelly and maybe a Combustion specific book like The Focal Easy Guide To Combustion4 by Gary M. Davis (which I personally haven't read) or any of the training DVD listed on the Autodesk store (http://estore.autodesk.com/dr/sat5/ec_Main.Entry16?SP=10024&PN=29&xid=19515&V1=31047690&V2=31047690&V3=1&V5=&V4=10&S1=&S2=&S3=&S4=&S5=&CUR=840&DSP=0&PGRP=0&ABCODE=&CACHE_ID=0) which I also haven't checked :)

VFXTalk.com might also be useful for you while you're learning, same goes for CreativeCow.net, fxguide.com among others

Hope it helps.

Cheers,

CGTalk Moderation
06-25-2007, 07:34 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.