PDA

View Full Version : How i need to work with the point density/interpolation together?

KIDI
06-24-2007, 10:14 PM
hey

i make some tests and i try'd to read some stuff on this but i can't understand
how it's need to work .

thanks for the help
sorry for my bad english

techmage
06-26-2007, 05:24 AM
I would say start out with accuracy at 50, point density at .1, interpolation at 100. If you want more detail, increase the point density, maybe to .3, then lower the interpolation right before it starts getting blotchy, prolly around 65 interpolation. Keeping increasing the point density and decreasing the interpolation incrementally. Interpolation basically blurs the points together that point density makes, so you want it blurry enough to be smooth, but not so un-blurred it's splotchy. If this is interior scene, you might try upping the accuracy to 100, see if it changes anything. In some interior scenes when you need alot of detail you might need to put accuracy over 100 if you start using a 1 point density or more and low interpolation.

CGTalk Moderation
06-26-2007, 05:24 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.