PDA

View Full Version : Auto hand control script

MosaFacku
03-20-2003, 04:55 PM
Hey everyone. I recently finished a script that some of you might find usefull. What you do is select your wrist joint, then select whatever you want to use to control the fingers, then just run my script and it will add finger control attributes to the hand controller and then do all of the set driven key stuff on the finger joints. Let me know what you think.

www.3dpirate.com/scripts/MSautohands.mel

:surprised

goosh
03-20-2003, 05:11 PM
Hey

Looks like a good idea..

I did a quick test, and it crashed.. and I see it's cause my names are not right, plus my number of joints and fingers wasn't the same as yours.

If you have a hand that is built for the script I'm sure it would work great.

Better still would be that the script identifies the number of bones in each finger AND the number of fingers and does all the other things (attributes and SDKs) for you :)

But maybe that's too much to ask for :)

Nice stuff though

Goosh

MosaFacku
03-20-2003, 05:19 PM
actually, it could do what you asked for pretty easily. i used 5 fingers, and 4 joints per finger because i check around with a bunch of different people at different studios, and thats what they seemed to be using. but yah, that wouldn't be all that hard :)
good idea. :thumbsup:

also, make sure all the joints are named differently or it'll crash. ;)

[edit]
i was just checking up on having it automatically detect the # of joints, and that works great. right now, the big problem is that you'll have all the attributes, but not necessarily the fingers to go with them, or it'll be the opposite, and you'll have 20 fingers, and not enough attributes to go with it. for now, i'm going to leave it as it is, but i'll be revisiting it soon (working on a new reel right now). thanks for the suggestion [edit]

LeConcorde
03-20-2003, 06:33 PM
:buttrock:

i'll try it soon...

Doogie
03-21-2003, 05:36 AM
Looks cool. Frigg'n work preventing me from doing much else other than sleep and work.

I think sunday I finally get some days off, and I definately want to play w/ this.

thanks for distributing this.

CGTalk Moderation
01-14-2006, 05:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.