PDA

View Full Version : fogalot

victor throe
06-24-2007, 05:52 PM
there seems to be a limit to how foggy i can make the scene

i want real pea soup

i have had a pley around in the atmosphere window but it doesnt let me get the fog to be thing in the foreground range

any pointers?

phamarus
06-26-2007, 01:31 AM
What version of vue are you using?
And what kind of atmospheric model are you using? volumetric or spectral? if you are using
vue 6 that is?

phamarus

victor throe
06-26-2007, 02:12 PM
moot at the moment because my work computer died

admin aint back for a week

bah

version 6

im not using anytihg in particular, it was just something i tried out....is there specific settings that i should use

phamarus
06-26-2007, 07:13 PM
okay vue 6..that narrows it down a little bit..how about what atmospheric model you are using?

Okay letīs asume you want to use the spectral model right? iīts a bit trickier to setup the fog in the spectral model but it can be done quite nice i think.

The thing is that after you set a fog density around 50 or so for a start to make sure you can really se it,and then lower it to around 16.
try raise the fog pretty high, maybe something between 200-2000
The thing,&trick to remember, is that the aerial perspective will kill the fog unless you set it to a very high number, maybe inbetween 400-1000.

just keep in mind that every little change in other settings can completly change or destroy
the fog look , for example having the anisotrophic scattering lower than 80 90 could bleach out
everything but it all depends on everything else.
heres a sample pic just preview rendered to show aerial perspective difference with
a number at 100,200,300
all other fog settings are the same, and another pic with a different render with hardly any fog at all but instead more Haze and volumetric sunlight all these are done in the spectral atmosphere model.

Hope that brings some insight, and if you need som more mist,fog vapors in the ground
you can also use the spectral cloud layers on a low altitude and low density/hight to acheive that.

Phamarus

victor throe
06-26-2007, 07:40 PM
thanks

ill have another play when i can and report back

mwalter1
06-27-2007, 01:59 PM
Thanks for the tips - they were very helpful to me!

Peggy

CGTalk Moderation
06-27-2007, 01:59 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.