PDA

View Full Version : MR SSS Alpha problems

acc9340
06-24-2007, 05:49 AM
I'm rendering a sub-surface-scatter shader. It renders ok by the geometry with SSS shader gets folded into the alpha channel so that when I composit it I lose the sss geometry, unless I ignore the alpha channels.

It has a valid uv set (map1). Anyone out there know what's going wrong and how I can best defeat it?

Thanks as always,

ACC

Caypiranha
06-24-2007, 06:05 PM
I dont understand really what you mean, sorry. =)
but may you try to go to renderglobals -> custom entinities -> check alpha ON .. ..
thats it probably

acc9340
06-25-2007, 01:11 AM
Well I had tried that. The thing is I am not trying to get an alpha. I get too much Alpha. I'm trying to get my surface back. I have a polygonal head with an sss-fast skin shader on it. It also has hair and fur on it as well. When I render I get the hair and fur but the sss-fast skin shaded head comes out transparent.

I tried turning on custom alpha. It didn't help.

I have a well mapped UV structure all within the 0-1 range and set to map1. I'm still not seeing my head.

I hope that describes the problem better. I've still got nothing. If anyone knows something, I'd appreciate it.

ACC

CGTalk Moderation
06-25-2007, 01:11 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.