PDA

View Full Version : shape mark material issue

Debneyink
06-24-2007, 01:47 AM
http://www.particlefx.com/education/PFlow/PF_ShapeMark.html

so im firing at a wall similar to this tut all good except when i coem to apply my material to the particle

the bullets part is fine that has its own material and ive applied my material to the shape mark section it reads on the viewport...
So my bullet holes slowly build up and stick to the wall but when it comes to rendering you can only see two squares none of the others render.

how do I enable all the squares to reveal their materials and stay there???

Wicked
06-24-2007, 01:18 PM
So my bullet holes slowly build up and stick to the wall but when it comes to rendering you can only see two squares none of the others render.
What do you mean by "the others"? Do you mean the trails?
If so: You can only render geometry(!).
In the tutorial the author is using dots to illustrate the effect. Dots cannot be rendered! So you should use an Shape or Shape Instance-operator to render your particles. :)

Debneyink
06-24-2007, 02:22 PM
yeah i wrote that pretty late looking at maybe i didnt explain myself correctly!!

the shape mark produces squares or grids when the first event hits the wall, which can then have a material applied, which i did (a bullet hole) so the more the wall is being shot at the more bullet holes (squares) appear on the wall.
when looking in the view port you can see all the squares that have been created(say frame fifty has created twenty squares) however when rendering the same view and frame only two will render!!

does that make sense???

PsychoSilence
06-24-2007, 02:33 PM
maybe the shape marks are interpenetrating with the wall. try to offset the shape mark maybe.

kind regards,
anselm

Debneyink
06-24-2007, 02:48 PM
I have hidden the wall but still no joy!

Wicked
06-24-2007, 02:51 PM
Could you post a screenshot of your particle flow? Or, if possible, your .max file?

Debneyink
06-24-2007, 04:15 PM
sure ill get on on to that now...

just setting up my web site so wont be immediate!!

www.dirtyuk.net (http://www.dirtyuk.net)

CGTalk Moderation
06-24-2007, 04:15 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.