PDA

View Full Version : Camera Rig Question

barrymcw
06-23-2007, 11:53 PM
Hi,
I'm building a camera rig and having trouble with part of it.

The way it's currently set up is that I have a camera with all transforms locked. I've grouped it a few times, each node in the hierarchy being one transform (pan, tilt, roll and xyz trans).

I've also created two locators and aim constrained each to the camera with sliders to animate the constrain weights.

The problem I'm having is that the pan, tilt, roll, etc. controls only work when the aim weights for both of the locators is zero. What's happening, I presume, is that the aim constraints override all other transforms.

I'm hoping, however, there's a way for me to turn off the override, or create a weight/blend node of some sort that will allow me to manipulate all of the controls, whether the aim constraints are active or not.

Does anyone have any ideas I could try out?

Thanks much (and cross-posting in the Maya main forum in case that's the better place for this).

Cheers.

CGTalk Moderation
06-23-2007, 11:53 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.