PDA

View Full Version : rendering occlusion problem

aubone114
06-23-2007, 10:58 PM
hey guys, wondering if anyone knew what the problem is here. im trying to render an occlusion pass on my model, using the mental ray ambient occlusion texture and im getting this error

Result: lambert2SG //

// Warning: (Mayatomr.Shader) : dragonHeadScene_export_v01:mentalrayTexture1: no texture file referenced //

// Error: (Mayatomr.Output) : file error: //

// Error: (Mayatomr.Output) : file error: C:/Documents and Settings/Austin/My Documents/maya/projects/default/DragonManHead/textures/dragonManHeadColor.tif //

// Error: (Mayatomr.Output) : file error: C:/Documents and Settings/Austin/My Documents/maya/projects/default/DragonManHead/textures/dragonManHeadBlue.tif //

// Error: (Mayatomr.Output) : file error: C:/Documents and Settings/Austin/My Documents/maya/projects/default/DragonManHead/textures/dragonManHeadBackScatter.tif //

// Error: (Mayatomr.Output) : file error: C:/Documents and Settings/Austin/My Documents/maya/projects/default/DragonManHead/textures/dragonManHeadSpecMap.tif //

// Error: (Mayatomr.Output) : file error: C:/Documents and Settings/Austin/My Documents/maya/projects/default/DragonManHead/textures/dragonManHeadColor.tif //

select -cl ;

// Error: *Fatal* (mental ray) : mental ray encountered a fatal error. The system may have become unstable. Please save the scene and exit Maya. //

// Info (Mayatomr): Aborted /

when i click the render button it appears to be rendering but after about 2 minutes the render finishes and nothing but the default blue color apears in the render window.
not sure why this is happening because i have done this before in the past and it worked fine. maybe i just need to trash my prefs and restart maya? any suggestions?

CGTalk Moderation
06-23-2007, 10:58 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.