PDA

View Full Version : connect bug idea...

abdelouahabb
06-23-2007, 06:37 PM
hi
:thumbsup:
i don't know why when trying to connect primitives the result is a polygon object (but which is invisible)
try to connect two circles spline primitives, result will be a polygon object!
so i said perhaps this tip will help, i don't know how to make it but perhaps those who knows what is C++ and COFFEE can translate the idea :D
if point found then connect
else convert to editable object
loop and call the connect function
yeah, it's dumb but just an idea :scream:

3DKiwi
06-23-2007, 09:22 PM
Interesting. My guess is something isn't quite right. All you have to do prior to doing the connect command is make the spline primitives editable.

3DKiwi

Per-Anders
06-23-2007, 09:24 PM
Try using the Connect object instead.

abdelouahabb
06-23-2007, 09:27 PM
hi
i tried make a tip, i tried to make a shortcut :twisted: for exemple let say connect is Alt+C, and make editable is C, so i tried to make C~Alt+C...but it don't work because it's not logic :thumbsup:
so perhaps this will help :)

FrankBerg
06-23-2007, 09:34 PM
Yep, the connect command always returns something
and sometimes not what you expect.

a connect command is valid for point objects:
editable splines and polygon objects.

frank

abdelouahabb
06-23-2007, 09:38 PM
yes
primitives are generated mathematicaly (exucse me if the word is not like this) it's like sphere, render it you'll notice it's a good perfect sphere, make it editable, subdivision will be shown!
so this is why i used this simple idea, search for point (vertex)...here i dont know how c4d will proceed...
if he will find them, it is ok, and objects will be connected...
if it don't find them....the object will be be converted to modifiable object (to find points) and the connect will work better...
....simple small bug...what about null object...i think it will be an infinite loop :eek:

Per-Anders
06-23-2007, 09:50 PM
The primitive sphere has a "render perfect" option which renders it as an isosurface, that's why it becoems faceted when you make it editable.

The connect command is certainly something that could be updated to handle spline primitives better. Your best bet is to suggest this to maxon directly from maxons website www.maxon.de . Though you should also be able to write a script to do what you want with minimal effort.

abdelouahabb
06-24-2007, 09:18 AM
Though you should also be able to write a script to do what you want with minimal effort.
hi master per-anders, .... i'm a bad programmer, i'm learning the object oriented programming, and i think it will help me to understand COFFEE? i downloaded the COFFEE SDK and all files from the previous version of the maxon.net web site and i got some ideas but not all....like how to locate an object, and get frames....but when it's about vertex and polygons....:rolleyes: ....:shrug: ....
another thing about connecting, for exemple i've a sphere with a polygon selection and a texture tag limited to this polygon selection, another sphere with the same thing, when connecting them together the result is that the polygon selection will be ignored, so i must re-select the polygons and affect the texture to the result object...

tcastudios
06-24-2007, 11:53 AM
It looks as if most of your needs are covered by Ian Gorse.

go to:

http://iangorse.co.uk/blogs/index.php

and copy paste the GroupConnect script into your script editor.
Plenty of good remarks in it to learn from.

Cheers
Lennart

abdelouahabb
06-24-2007, 05:47 PM
!
thank you! and thanks to the programmer :)
...and there are comments! so like this it's another great ressource to learn COFFEE :thumbsup:
just another thing, i hope it will be helpful, i havent tried the script, but it talks about childrens, and i found a good tip given by master srek
Alt Click on an object icon to create a new object will place it as the parent of the currently active object

Shift Alt Click on an object icon to create a new object will place it as a child of the currently active object

here is the link http://www.bonkers.de/tricks/tricks.html

abdelouahabb
06-24-2007, 07:22 PM
:thumbsup:
i tested it and it's very useful,
i've some suggestion :blush:
the script works on object that have chilrens, and because i don't know how to express it, i'll try to explain :argh:
i found a good expression, i think -i dont remerber- it's caled "infinite scale" in the script he used a function which tests if a child exists, so perhaps it can be applied to this script.
so when you select two objects, and these objects has no relation between them (child-perent...perhaps just neighbors :surprised ) it will not apply Return Void, but the Group Function, and the script will be applied to null object resulted :curious:

CGTalk Moderation
06-24-2007, 07:22 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.