PDA

View Full Version : Roadkill and XSI

adam|zeliasz
06-23-2007, 06:27 PM
I selected the edges in XSI and used the plugin to export it to Roadkill. To keep my edges saved I created them into clusters. How do I convert the cluster to the edge selection? For some reason Roadkill dosent acknowledge clusters.

Thanks.

JDex
06-23-2007, 06:31 PM
Right click on the cluster in the explorer, and choose Select Components

adam|zeliasz
06-23-2007, 06:37 PM
Perfect. Thanks!

adam|zeliasz
06-26-2007, 02:52 AM
I watched the videos and read the instruction manual. I still donít understand how Roadkill works. Below is an example of the UV generated by it. Can anyone explain to me what the best way to go about modifying the UV's? I know there's pinning involved but I canít figure out where to pin to begin stretching. Take the head for example, why didnít the UV's get generated with symmetry? The model is equal on both sides. If someone can give me a suggested method, say the head, as to how to begin I would really appreciate it.

Thanks.

http://www.blacksunfx.com/myStuff/roadkill.jpg

septopus
06-26-2007, 03:08 AM
hi.

even though spring based unwrappers do a good job unfolding, its always best to break the meash up into pieces, main pieces like head body arms etc. this way there is less overhead to solve for. road kill [or anyother pelt mapping simultion] is simply trying to compensate space for allocated polygon island or border edges you selected.this way there is little stretching. the size of your polygon faces also play a role. if you are going to get the best result for peltmapping, its best to keep your polygon [faces] size proportion and uniform as possible.[as if you were just blocking out a base mesh for sculpting later.

the best unwrapper is by far modo and blender. because they let you interactively adjust threshold for the unwrapping operation.

adam|zeliasz
06-26-2007, 03:20 PM
As you can see from the example the mesh is broken up into pieces.

The two problems I have is that the symmetry dosent work (see image). Also I dont know how to go about and correct the blue and red areas.

Take the crotch for example, can someone explain to me how to fix that? Do I need to pin certain verticies? Im really at a loss even after playing around with it for a hour last night.

CGTalk Moderation
06-26-2007, 03:20 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.