PDA

View Full Version : [Rhino] Cel Phone Modeling

Andre Goersch
04-05-2002, 09:32 AM
Can anyone give me a hand? I just got my hands on a copy of Rhino, and started to model a Nokia 8260 cel phone (because there was one sitting on my table).
After reading the notes on the camera file, and going through the tutorials, I decided to make the body using the Curve Network method. So I made the curves that are on the image below, but it didn't work very well.
Could anyone point me a direction on how is the best way to make this? I'm kind of new on NURBS modeling, and I'm lacking of ideas.
Thanks already.

meloncully
04-06-2002, 01:39 AM
i am not sure. ok. i dont know how i am going to explain this so if you neeed pictures, let me know. say you are looking down on the bottom of the phone. that width you see, make some curves like that . Then make curves like that as long as the phone is and you could try lofting those together. if you gave me a reference pic i could try something out until it worked. hmmm. yeah i will need to aactually try this. if you want you could send me the file and i will play around with it a bit. i dont know right now as i don't have rhino open.

Andre Goersch
04-06-2002, 08:12 AM
I can send you the file if you want to take a look at it, but I think I got it. I'll try it out, and get back here later.

By the way, if you want to see the phone, you can go to http://www.nokia.com/phones/8210/index.html
It's not the same model (for some reason they don't have this model on the site), but it's close enough.

Thanks a lot.

Null_
04-11-2002, 02:22 PM
You should checkout the Secrets of Rhinoceros under the tutorial sections @ 3drender.com

If I remember correctly there should be some sort of “phone tutorial” on the www.rhino3d.com as well…

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 03:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.