PDA

View Full Version : problem with advanced twist controls

JiAnk
06-22-2007, 08:41 PM
i am using maya,
i have problem with advance twist control in spline ik. i am using spline Ik for the spine and i want my spine skeleton to twist . i have kept my joint LRA to xzy with my secondary world rotation to negative z . In the Advanced twist control panel i switched to Obj Rotation up(start\end) with my up axis to negative z...... with my world up object to Bottom Ctrl and World up object 2 to the top most control . With these settings my spine bones get twisted or the LRA gets twisted.................................Please help me to solve these problem or just tell me how the Advanced twist conrol works and how it calculates

Thank u in advance

csc2h
06-24-2007, 03:35 AM
You have to make your spine with X going down the joint. If the joint chain does not have X down the bone then the advanced twist will not work.

Also, you must set the UP VECTOR to 1 on whichever axis you have the second world axis pointing. So if Z is your second world axis on the joints when you orientated them, then you should put 1 into UP VECTOR and UP VECTOR 2 and zero out the rest (if that makes sense)...

Hope that helps...

-Chase Cooper-

CGTalk Moderation
06-24-2007, 03:35 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.