PDA

View Full Version : Problem with Selection Area !

Horsepower
06-22-2007, 12:46 PM
Problem with Selection Area !

I am beginner user. I have followed "DigitalTutors Introduction to ZBrush3" videotutorial, but I haven't understood the speaker english, about keyboard shortcuts.

I have made a area selection around the eyes of one head model, with Ctrl+Shift+LeftMouseButton and drag mouse in Edit Mode.
(I think this tool is named: "Partial Mesh Visibility Tool").
I have painted with Add Mode over the model just to made a little change of the surface.
Ok, very well !

But after exit to the "Partial Mesh Visibility Tool" (with Ctrl+Shift+Click out the model), it appears the "bump" edges of the area selection, with the displacement difference from the selected area and the unselected area!
Why?

1) How can I do to make changes in the isolate selected area, switch to full model and then smooth the added paintings over all the model?
What combination of key should I pressing?

The author fastly press a combination of keys that I haven't understood...

Another thing:
2) Where are the buttons of "Partial Mesh Visibility Tool"?
I have used the keyboard shortcut (Ctrl+Shift+LeftMouseButton+Drag) combination, but I haven't found any interface button !

Please help me!
Thanks...

Horsepower
06-27-2007, 12:32 PM
Please response me!
Thanks!

TVeyes
06-27-2007, 01:30 PM
Partial Mesh Visibility is when you view part(s) of a single subtool. There is no button to activate it, it happens automatically when you hide some part(s) of your subtool.

Your main problem sounds perfectly normal. When you zadd/zsub on a visible area of your subtool the hidden areas remain unaffected and will most likely result in a "stepped" border when unhidden. I am not sure why you cannot just smooth the problem areas? or maybe I do not understand what you are asking?

Masking can also be used to limit the areas where you want to zadd/zsub and you can blur or sharpen the mask, which can avoid stepped areas. With a mask active (Ctrl + draw on the model) you can blur the mask by entering Move, Scale or Rotate edit mode and Ctrl + Clicking on the model. To sharpen the mask Ctrl+Alt+click on the model. The blur and sharpen strength is controlled by Preferences > Transpose > Mask blur/sharpen Strength.

Horsepower
06-27-2007, 09:30 PM
The author of DigitalTutors DVD use a strange keyboard shortcut before exit to "Partial Mesh Visibility Tool", and smoothing automatically the model without "stepped" border when unhidden.
I don't know well the english, so I haven't understood what he said.
But I am sure: after exit from "Partial Mesh Visibility Tool", I see the changes to the model without stepped borders.

Psionic Design
06-29-2007, 12:21 PM
This may help explain the hiding and showing of parts of the mesh:-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=to-hNCBmMx0

CGTalk Moderation
06-29-2007, 12:21 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.