PDA

View Full Version : cd playback

jason-slab
04-05-2002, 09:56 AM
what frames per second should i make my animation for cd playback, and what kind of data rate??

i'm using avi or mpg, it needs to be able to play on a generic windows box, cinepak doen't seem to give very good results for avi, my rez is 500x375

danimat0r
04-05-2002, 10:38 AM
Data rate, I'm not sure. But it shouldn't really matter if you render the video at 24 or 30 fps. Typically, just render it out at the FR you animated in. That's the best I can do; someone else can probably give you some more specific details. :)

LyonHaert
04-05-2002, 11:06 AM
well, what do you mean by cd playback? i'm assuming for now that you mean playing the file direcly off of a cd-rom.

yes, cinepak is crappy in my experience. as far as i know your best option for .avi is DivX. but for better quality (although filesizes are thus a lot higher), i prefer quicktime format (sorenson compression is a good start). i haven't messed with DivX much, though.

and standard fps for video (as opposed to film) is 30 fps

that's all i can think of so far.

jason-slab
04-05-2002, 04:01 PM
hmmm i've been using 30fps, but it seems to be jerky even when i use quicktime sorenson, also i was wondering about mpeg, remember that i need it to play on a generic windows box

what software can i use to create 640x480 or custom size mpeg's?

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 04:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.