PDA

View Full Version : Heart Beat

ViralStudios
06-22-2007, 04:25 AM
Im trying to make an "Organic orb" (the Viral Studios Logo 2.0) beat like a real heart. Not simple squash and stretch. I want to try to deform it in a way it looks like there are inner chambers pulsing in the OO.

This is all for a redo of the logo and any help would be apreciated...PS...I am using Maya.

shinyprem
06-22-2007, 05:23 AM
Hi.. !

Try creating a sculpt deformer and animating it would give a realistic "Heart Pump" like feeling.

Rgds,

thesuit
10-07-2007, 11:08 PM
I animated a pack shot that was supposed to be good for the heart and the client wanted the pack to beat like a heart.
I used soft modification tool... with it you can place the smt at the spot where the fisrt ventricle is and pump it full of blood then pump it down to the next ventricle by mooving the smt falloff center as you return that ventricle to normal that way it looks like the blood is moving down. Then have another smt recieve the blood by filling up the lower ventricle and pumping the blood up and out using the same falloff center technique.

I'm not a fan of things that can get messy later so when i got the pump right i did a geometry animation cache and using the trax modified it and cycled it.

cheers.
-a.

CGTalk Moderation
10-07-2007, 11:08 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.