PDA

View Full Version : Unlink X and Y Transform Channels

Cadinho
06-21-2007, 07:35 PM
Hi!

I have been using Combustion for a while and there's something that annoys me A LOT!
Like, when I animate the position of a layer, it creates a keyframe in both X and Y channels, even tought I didn't move it one of the coordinates.
That wouldn't be a big problem since I also use 3dsmax and it also create a keyframe on other channels.
The thing is that I can't delete or even edit the tangent of one of the axis without affecting the other...

For example, If I animate the layer moving on the X axis (left and right) but do not animate on Y, the Y axis will look like a straight line with keyframes and the X axis will look like a curved line. But, If I delete the useless keyframes in Y it will also delete the keyframes I created on the X axis! That's soooooooooo ridiculous! Is there any way to unlink that condition?!

Cheers!

PiXeL_MoNKeY
06-21-2007, 11:03 PM
No you can't unlink them. You could create nulls and parent or use expressions to link them to the layers/objects. Is there a reason you can't stand having a straight line for the unused axis?

-Eric

Cadinho
06-22-2007, 11:57 AM
Lol... :)

The "straight line" was only an example. What I really wanted to do is animate both axis independently.
I figured out another way for doing that. I link my layer to a null object and animate one axys on the null and the other on the layer itself. It works. But, I have to say, I see no reason why those axis are linked. Make no sense to me at all.

:shrug:

dg
06-26-2007, 12:40 AM
Fala Cadinho meu rei!!!

Man I have to say that this is the most stupid aspect in C*, and it's there since it's birth. They never change that which is a shame. You found the only workaround that I'm aware of for doing that in C* which is to use nulls. Not the most clever way of working but...

Still at Seagulls?

Sampa or Rio?

Cheers,
diogo

Cadinho
06-26-2007, 11:18 AM
Hey dude!

You know, I searched for your name on my msn list before I started this thread but I knew youŽd end up saying something here sooner or later... :)

Yeah... I just hate that in Combustion. Sooo useless. The worst thing is that I canŽt think about a reason for that. Anyway...

Yeah, still here at Seagullsfly. And still in Rio!

:)

dg
06-26-2007, 08:32 PM
Hey man,

Feel free to call me any time man.

Cheers,

CGTalk Moderation
06-26-2007, 08:32 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.