PDA

View Full Version : Particle Problem Part 2

meelie
06-21-2007, 12:41 PM
This post is a follow on from Jared's "Particle Problem" the other day.

We are stiil struggling to find a solution!!

Basically we have 2 Particle Flow sytems which complete multiple revolutions of a near circular spline path. They start out opposite one another, and as they complete each revolution they speed up.

This bit we have managed to do OK.

But what is supposed to happen is that as they speed up the trail of particles needs to shorten. At the moment in my set up they lenghthen. I ve tried everything i can think of but nothing seems to work.

The deadline is getting close now so would really appreciate any helpI'd be really grateful if you can offer any pointers

To everyone who replied to Jared post many thanks -especially Wicked who scene file is attached as a starting point..

OlegB
06-21-2007, 02:28 PM
You can use either Script Test operator, or Box#3 to delete the particles on the basis of the proximity to the PF Source icon. The threshold criteria (distance to PF Source icon) can be animated easily in Box#3, or with a little bit of effort in the Script Test operator.

Thanks,
Oleg B.

Jaredw1982
06-21-2007, 04:09 PM
Does anyone know of any websites to maybe some sample or template scripts. I have never attempted to script in my life and I dont think I am going to be able to work it out in the short time that we have. All we need for the particles to do are decrease in length size as the particles emitter speeds up around a circle.

PiXeL_MoNKeY
06-21-2007, 04:27 PM
Check out Bobo's Go With The Flow (http://www.scriptspot.com/bobo/gowiththeflow.html) webpage. More specifically you may want to checkout the "Particle Length By Velocity" page.-Eric

Wicked
06-21-2007, 06:53 PM
Does anyone know of any websites to maybe some sample or template scripts. I have never attempted to script in my life and I dont think I am going to be able to work it out in the short time that we have. All we need for the particles to do are decrease in length size as the particles emitter speeds up around a circle.

Scriptspot.com would be a good starting point.

Anyway, I had a quick look at it but couldn't come up with a solution. All I was able to do is make the trail (by animating the scale-operator) shorter. I also tried to use the speed-test_operator, but that one also seemed like a dead-end (for me).

You could try and have a look at the link PiXeL_MoNKeY posted.

CGTalk Moderation
06-21-2007, 06:53 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.