PDA

View Full Version : Intuos3 users...

Dtox
06-21-2007, 09:38 AM
The latest (Jun 7 2007) driver (604-2) includes a new display toggle feature for those with multiple displays.
IMO this is a much needed feature and I don't know what took them so long to implement it.

Very nice.

Hecartha
06-21-2007, 10:29 AM
I've read the driver 604-4 seems to introduce a bug described here (http://www.wacom-europe.com/forum/topic.asp?ARCHIVE=&TOPIC_ID=8391) concerning modifier function of the express keys

Dtox
06-21-2007, 11:28 AM
Yeah that sucks.
I'm on a PowerMac G5 with an Intuos3 9x12 and use my keyboard for modifier keys so I don't think this will affect me.
Personally, I think ms. NicoleBee over there has sort of a unique problem there with her workflow.
Needing to stack the modifiers because she works with her tablet over top of the keyboard surface on a laptop, plus she's left handed and has the function keys on the left side disabled.
That's what happens though when you lock yourself into a specific workflow.

Obviously you must share some of those workflow specifics or you wouldn't care much.

I think she could solve her problem by making a couple small adjustments to her workflow. But that's just my opinion. I'm sort of different than alot of people as I can adapt easily to changes in workflow.
I wasn't always so flexible though. In the past I've been forced to make changes in workflow and was resistant to it.
Now I'm just used to it.

You have to admit though, she seems a bit rigid about her workflow.
But to each his/her own.

Hecartha
06-21-2007, 01:07 PM
My post was just there to point a problem with the new driver :) Everyone now can make their choice according to their needs just as NicoleBee.

Skjoldbroder
06-21-2007, 01:29 PM
Dtox : thank you! :)

Dtox
06-22-2007, 11:22 PM
No problemo..

FreakWizz
06-23-2007, 12:08 AM
I've been looking at a new Intuos3, but i recently got a 24" Dell, alongside a 19" Samsung.

How will this effect me? (any more info?)

I was going to buy a 6x8, because i used to use an Wacom ArtZ II 12x12,
And it was too large for my liking....

So this time i was getting a 6x8, but now i have a 24" i should get a 6x11?
(has anyone got a 16:10 screen with a 6x8 or 4x6, and does it work okay?)
Can i get away with mapping a 6x8?

Anyone know what size i should buy now?
Do i get a Widescreen version 6x11

Dtox
06-24-2007, 11:00 PM
Well obviously a tablet with the same ratio as the monitor would be ideal.
You can use the "force proportions" function in the wacom preference pane to make whatever size tablet you have constrain to the same ratio as the monitor. You'll lose an inch or so off your tablet by doing this though.

It really comes down to your budget. Is a 6x11 outside your intended budget? If not, then by all means go with it.
If so, you can get by with another size using the method I described above.

FreakWizz
07-02-2007, 01:16 AM
Thankyou for the response....

I'm just a bit worried that the 6x11 is a little big, (12x12 was WAY to big, for myself)
So a 6x8 sounded good, with the options you mentioned in the driver that would help.

However i just ordered the more expensive 6x11 anyway.... Dagnabbit....
But thanks your answer was quite helpful, none the less.

CGTalk Moderation
07-02-2007, 01:16 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.