PDA

View Full Version : Light glow Help?

og_borat
06-21-2007, 05:55 AM
Hi guys.

I just after a little help, I have a city scene at night where the camera is looking from the top of a build across the top of the building, now i don't want to see the street level, but i want a yellow glow to appear to be coming up from the street, so that you can just see the glow between the building?

I tried a yellow plane that was just out of sign with a glow on it, but the glow only renders if you can see the plane.

Any idea would be great Thanks.

Nerevarine
06-23-2007, 10:09 PM
alright i'm no expert on this, but just an idea.. put your plane to where it's visible, but check the "hide source" in glow settings, this will still display the glow but not display the plane itself. however, the glow would be constant everywhere on the plane, so you may want to map a ramp to glow intensity to make it fade as it moves upwards... that is you need to put the plane perpendicular to the street, not parallel..

Nerevarine
06-24-2007, 09:32 AM
alright, this is an ugly preview, but i think it shows the idea... is this what you're trying to
achieve?

http://www.saroz-life.com/trigger/glow.JPG

overEZ
06-28-2007, 10:29 PM
i would point at least one spotlight shining up into the 'sky' and then enable light fog on that light. make the light color yellow. hope this helps.

CGTalk Moderation
06-28-2007, 10:29 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.