PDA

View Full Version : flip book animated texture effect

RayRay
06-21-2007, 05:55 AM
Hi, I've been messing with a flipbook style animation. I have my cards spitting out of Pflow just fine but I can't seem to get the animated texture to hold on the frame at which the particle was born. Is that possible using the default tools? Thanks!

Wicked
06-21-2007, 09:35 AM
Not sure what you mean.. Could you be more specific pls? Or post a screenshot or something..? :)

RayRay
06-21-2007, 02:57 PM
sorry, it was late when I posted, here's a link to what I have so far:

http://www.raymondolsen.com/samples/card_01_07_06_20.mov

My goal is to have the card spit out and get a frame of the video assigned to it for a texture.

The issue is that when the cards stack up, they all continue to play the animated texture instead of stopping on the frame the video was playing at birth. I worked around it by making the border thick enough so that you can't see one card behind the next but would still love to figure out how to do it.

Thanks!

Wicked
06-21-2007, 03:24 PM
So if I understand you right, you want to let the animated start playing when the latest page is stacked on the pile..?

One of the things you could do is use an still (instead of the animation) one the pages that are stacking up. And on the last page the animated texture.

So you should use 2 material-operators: 1 with the still, and 1 with the animated texture.
The animated material-operator should be on the end of your flow (but I guess you would've figured that out by your self ;) ). It's a (very?) dirty work-around, but it might work.

Also I think there probably is somewhere an option to start/stop the animated texture at x frames.. (Can't test that right now, maybe later today)

CGTalk Moderation
06-21-2007, 03:24 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.