PDA

View Full Version : Animating a bike rider

howard2112
06-21-2007, 02:28 AM
Ok, I'm not new to 3D. I have more experience with modeling, texturing and lighting. I've done a little freelance ad have recently landed myself a new freelance job.

The job calls for me to animate a competitive bike rider.(Tour de France) I'm pretty novice at rigging and character animation. I'm familiar with the concepts.

The project will involve myself using Maya, but hopefully interacting with another artist who uses XSI, via crosswalk. Because of time constrains, we're hoping to convert over one of the provided "men" and a rig from XSI. Well be doing multiple riders, but I'm not too concerned with that. I figure once I get one figured out, then we'll be ok.

My thought is to set up the bike so that the win I move it, the wheels, gears, chain, and pedals move accordingly. I was hoping to somehow "lock" the feet of the bike rider to the pedals, then have his legs move accordingly with the bike. Am I thinking right?

So my question is how would you recommend I approach it. I'd be thrilled to hear any advice, suggestions, or links to possible resources that may help.

Thanks in advance.

KielFiggins
06-21-2007, 05:37 AM
Responded in your Rigging thread:

http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?f=54&t=509273

CGTalk Moderation
06-21-2007, 05:37 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.