PDA

View Full Version : Looking to buy 2 camcorder setup...I need advice!

Michaelws
06-21-2007, 12:53 AM
I am looking to setup a "cheap man's" motion capture system. I have about $2500 to invest in a two camcorder setup. I have drawn out two alpha-numeric grid panels to sit behind the subject being filmed. Synching the cameras will not be a problem (I have someone who claims he can do that.)

I need advice on an hd camcorder that can capture high speed segments. I read that the Sony HDR CH3 model can shoot 3 seconds of high speed and play it back at 300 frames.

Does anyone know of a more recent camcorder that does this? The article about the HC3 was dated 2005. Sony has an HC7 now but I cannot find the specs on it to see if it has this same capability.

With the grid system I can check reference points from the two different perspectives that can help me in positioning my objects for animation.

Thanks for any help. I am asking because I live on the Big Island of Hawaii and do not have access to getting hands-on experience with lots of different camcorders...or a person that has that kind of knowledge.

Michael

CGTalk Moderation
06-21-2007, 12:53 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.