PDA

View Full Version : API: Converting for VS2005 and maya 8.5 from 03 and 7

tredeger
06-20-2007, 09:25 PM
Hi all,

I'm trying to convert an old project that was build with VS2003 and compiled for maya 7. I thought running the plugin wizard would set the environment up correctly but I can't get it to work. The wizard fails at the point where it should bring up the html pages that let you customize your project settings and the project never gets made.

Anyway. the project already exists with my old source code and I thought the only thing I really should need to do is bring in the headers. My old code has stuff like this:

#include <maya/MPlug.h>
#include <maya/MDataBlock.h>
#include <maya/MDataHandle.h>
#include <maya/MGlobal.h>

and so forth. So I searched the maya devkit folder and found all the headers that were listed in my code. I copied them all into a folder called 'maya' and put that folder in
\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\VC\include\ dir. The solution still won't build and I'm getting this kind of error:

>c:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\VC\include\maya/MPxTransform.h(49) : fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'maya/MStatus.h': No such file or directory

Does anyone here have experience troubleshooting this sort of thing? Seems like an awfully silly thing to have as a bottleneck and I'm feeling terribly naive right now, I'm sure the answer is really simple but beyond my experience. Thanks in advance for any help, I'm under deadline and feeling the urgency.

cheers,
jazz

tredeger
06-20-2007, 09:39 PM
Um, err,

Rooted around in the maya directory and realized that there is an 'include/maya' folder there. Previously, I'd just done a search for *.h in the explorer. Copied the entire directory into the VC directory and it looks like that solved my problem. Feel silly. Should have realized that the headers were going to reference other headers themselves.

Though I'm still failing to build. My current error:

1>LINK : fatal error LNK1181: cannot open input file 'Foundation.lib'

any ideas? Haven't gotten that before.

thanks again.

tredeger
06-20-2007, 09:48 PM
SOLVED

sorry and thanks.

Found the .lib files I needed in the maya dir and copied them to the approriate VS dir.

Guess that wizard does some pretty useful stuff after all!

CGTalk Moderation
06-20-2007, 09:48 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.