PDA

View Full Version : New: Help w/ pressure

XraySpex
06-20-2007, 06:16 PM
Hello,
I am new to painting in photoshop and just got a tablet not too long ago. I am running CS2 and was wondering if someone could tell me how to set the opacity to pen pressure? I have looked all over in the brush settings but can't seem to get any of them to work.

Sorry if this has been asked before, i couldn't find anything.

Thanks,
XraySpeX

XraySpex
06-20-2007, 11:28 PM
Im not sure if i made myself clear. When i go to "other dynamics" in the brushes tab and change the Control to "pen pressure" under the opacity jitter it does not seem to work. I am using a genius 8x6 mousepen if that is any help at all.

Thanks!
XraySpeX

trancor
06-21-2007, 05:12 AM
The opacity jitter is just how much change in opacity it is randomly. I don't think there is any way to link the pressure of the pen to the opacity in cs2 (don't know if you can in cs3 or not) but you can always use the airbrush capability to constantly darken the brush over the parts you already painted all in one pass.

You can use your number pad to jump to opacity levels you want, for the brush tool it would change flow, but if you hit enter on the number pad it will highlight the opacity number for you so you can punch in a number nice and fast.

CGTalk Moderation
06-21-2007, 05:12 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.