PDA

View Full Version : team for australian short film

Unity95
03-20-2003, 12:51 AM
Hello All!!!

My first posting here, but hey, gotta start some time... I'm making thist post because of the really good stuff I've seen here...

I'm trying to get a team of arteests together to do a short film. The film requires a fair bit of animation and FX so I though that there maybe some 1 or 2 or 3 etc... to help out. There will be aliens, UFOs, Space ships and Matte Paintings involved... So if anyone is interested or wants more Info... just email me or write back here.

And also I am (God Willing) doing this short for many reasons, one of which is to get experiece for feature films that I hope to do in the future, so the quality of art should be as real looking as possible...

:)

JIII
03-20-2003, 02:16 AM
i would like to do a little but I am working on two other films currently so I can only do little tiny bits and peices.

like tiny as in really tiny.

Unity95
03-20-2003, 06:29 AM
Thanks!!!:thumbsup:

That's cool, there are many little things that nead to be done, like low poly space ships for the background, little gadgets etc....

very soon I'll post up some concept images of things and people can choose what to do...:D

3rdDimension
03-22-2003, 07:05 PM
You got my help!!! Just post up the things you need done!:thumbsup:

Unity95
03-23-2003, 12:47 AM
Thanks....

Well I'll post up some concepts in a few days, the opening sequence is reallllllllly graphic intense so that's where most of the work will go.

Thanks again:bounce:

unLevel
03-23-2003, 02:00 PM
I might can help out with the organic modeling...

Like the aliens?

Unity95
03-24-2003, 12:08 AM
That would be cool... There are three aliens which I will be doing, but there is 1 other alien that will look like those 1950s style Man in silver suit alien and his 1950s flying saucer that will nead to be modelled aswell. Besides them there is also a fly... A fly you say? YES a fly...... Pluss many more..... I'll be posting up some images soon so you guys get a better Idea.... And oh yeah, Theings have to look as real as possible OK....:wavey:

runna
03-24-2003, 05:21 AM
I would love to help!! I'm working full time so I cant spend huge hours, but I can help with modelling, texturing lighting rendering etc in Maya. Plus I would love to help with any MEL etc.

Andrew

Unity95
03-24-2003, 11:30 AM
That's great.....:thumbsup:

Although I'm hoping to have as much as possible done in Max, cuz alot of it will be animated and put together in max, it will make things just alot easier. But if you can somehow convert the models easly, then go for it...

:thumbsup:

JIII
03-24-2003, 04:46 PM
models con be converted easily. just don't use any nurbs. export into what what ever MAX uses i.e 3ds or what ever. its probibly possible to use obj. too.

Astroboy
03-24-2003, 09:40 PM
If you need a composition artist i might be able to help. I vork mainly in Combustion so that would work well with 3d max.:buttrock:

Unity95
03-25-2003, 12:13 AM
:thumbsup:

That's great...

Well the concepts are comming along, but not quite finished yet. I can give you an idea. If any of you guys have heard of the game HOMEWORLD, then we nead some ships like that for the begining sequence that will be docked into a huuuuuuggggggeeee hanger. Also a queenslander farm house (those of you not in Australia I will post some images up for you) Well I'll get some pics up in a day or 2 so you can get a better Idea....

Thanks guys.

We hope to take this short plus a few others all around the world. :bounce: :D

Astroboy
03-25-2003, 08:14 AM
Do we need some mattepaintings of like space bakdrops? In that case i could start working on that as soon as i know a little more about the look and feel of the film. I also got a low poly flying saucer model. Since im not a 3d modeler its not very good but it could work if it´s way in the back:surprised

Unity95
03-25-2003, 09:54 AM
Well the fill begins with an alien ship leaving a very large hanger. It exits the hanger and heads towards Earth. So the only thing you will see in space is stars, and maybe a part of the mothership. Most the mattes will be of farmland from the air and just above ground level. I will show you soon.:)

Astroboy
03-25-2003, 09:57 AM
Cool:)

unLevel
03-25-2003, 12:04 PM
you got any alien sketches by chance?

Or do I just make some blobs up?

Unity95
03-26-2003, 12:36 AM
Well I'll be doing 4 of the aliens, but there is a forth that will look like a 1950s style alien man in silver suit.D:\work1\shortf1\refimages\klaGort.jpg something like 'When the Earth Stood Still' movie. A guy in a silver foily suit with a man or robot face. And the ship likeD:\work1\shortf1\chatimages\UFO.jpg

If you can't get the images above then I will establish a temp site for concepts.

Unity95
03-26-2003, 12:45 AM
Hey! How does one attach images?:hmm:

Well here they are again..

The alien.

Unity95
03-26-2003, 12:48 AM
Also the ship....

Again, I will put up all the concepts on a separate site so it will be easier on everybody.:thumbsup:

JIII
03-26-2003, 02:41 AM
Interesting, using old sci movies for your design.

anyway makes me wish I had time, to do complex stuff.

Unity95
03-26-2003, 02:46 AM
The old style scifi ship and alien will only appear towards the end. But the begining sequence will be filled with complex and cool looking ships. And later on you will see 3 - 4 real looking aliens.

I will make a temp site to post the concepts on and from there we can discuss who wants to do what.:thumbsup: :)

Unity95
03-29-2003, 07:34 AM
Ok here are a few Ideas for ships. The concept designs are taking a bit more time than I thought. BTW these designs are NOT mine so just get ideas and PLEASE do NOT model them exactly.

Unity95
03-29-2003, 07:36 AM
And here's another 1:D

Unity95
03-29-2003, 07:41 AM
And Another 1:thumbsup:

Unity95
04-02-2003, 11:32 PM
Is anyone still interested, or did I scare everyone away with the alien images???:hmm: :hmm: :hmm:

Well the concept stage is almost finished and modeling of complex sets and things will beging very soon, so if anyone out there is still happy to help out, :thumbsup: that will be great.

There is alot of simple stuff to model if the complex stuff will take alot of time, and also many of the different types of ships that appear in the begining sequence can be lowpoly stuff as you will only have a short glimps of them.

JIII
04-03-2003, 02:29 AM
nah I just have the problem of already being on too many projects.

I mean I wish I had time and all but I really just don't have this kinda time dude.

unLevel
04-04-2003, 07:48 PM
depending on if I learn rhino, I'll still be willing to help out, but only from a pre-newb's standpoint...sorry...

Unity95
04-06-2003, 04:54 AM
Thanks... The deadline for all the modelling is in about a month and a half. This is short I know but there is much more to do because aroung 60-70% will be real footage.

do0d
04-06-2003, 05:26 AM
id try to help out with the modelling!!! are all space ships low poly???

do0d
04-06-2003, 05:30 AM
oops.. forgot cant texture though, i'm having problems with my computer..:D

Unity95
04-06-2003, 06:04 AM
There many LOW POLY ships, except maybe 2 or 3 that I will be doing. I posted some images up before so you can get some idea. Texturing would be good but is not that important. I can do it, or some one else who LOVES texturing.:D

LostSoulą13
04-06-2003, 06:19 AM
Well if its not too late ill jump on board of this moving ship. Post consepts of what Low poly ships you need to be done I'll do the model and posibly the texturing if you like the way i do it. I'm graduating soon from AIA so this would be a good experience for me.
later man.

do0d
04-06-2003, 12:34 PM
well i tried that ship you posted i don't know if you like it but it's just a try :D you said not to exactly copy it so i kinda went different.. :D tell me what you think btw it's around 500 polys

oops forgot...
http://www.mydestiny.net/~papao_03/shape.jpg

Astroboy
04-06-2003, 01:41 PM
Hey

Whats the time table for compositing:surprised
When can i get some stuff to work with?
Im setting up a shedule for some different prodjects im working on so it would be great to know:thumbsup:

Unity95
04-08-2003, 05:27 AM
do0d!! That is very good. See the low poly ships will be used in the title sequence where the MAIN ship will fly through a huge hanger and past many other ships that are docked, so there neads to be alot of ships of a variety of shapes and sizes in there. What you could do is maybe get one of the LP ships and change a little a few times and make 3 - 4 ships. But try not to have too many prutruding parts as there wont be much time to map. I'll put up some actuall concepts for the ships tomorro.

As for compositing. This will all done here, by a few friends. This is because of the reallllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllly huge files (upwards of 3 gigs) that will be used (live action and CG elements) and to work any other way wold take way too long.

do0d
04-08-2003, 06:06 AM
thanks unity.. i'll work on the other ships when you post the concepts..:D

Unity95
04-09-2003, 06:36 AM
Here are a couple of realllllly quick concepts, just so you get an Idea of the ships. They don't have to have alot of detail in modelling but can be detailed in texture. http://www.3dluvr.com/unity/concept1.jpg http://www.3dluvr.com/unity/concept2.jpg

The ships don't Have to be like the above. These are just Ideas.

Unity95
04-09-2003, 06:39 AM
sorry they didn't come out. Still don't have the hang of it.

Unity95
04-09-2003, 06:43 AM
and another... I am sorry for the quality......:thumbsdow

CGTalk Moderation
01-14-2006, 04:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.