PDA

View Full Version : changing particle clolors

natephant
06-20-2007, 03:43 AM
im new to maya, and my school assignment is to emit particles as one color and as they get older make them change to another color. i have no idea how to do this, any help would be great thanks.

thomwickes
06-20-2007, 07:16 AM
this is pretty easy.

after emitting your particles, select the particle object and go into the attribute editor. Under the particle shape nodes tab scroll down to the 'add dynamic attributes' section. Click 'color' then check 'add per particle attribute' and click 'add attribute'. This will add 'rgbPP' to the list of per particle attributes. Now under the 'Per Particle Attributes' section on the particle shape node right click next to 'rgbPP' and choose 'create ramp'. Then right click again, roll over the arrow and click 'edit ramp'.

Now this ramp will decide the color of your particles. The bottom will be the color of the particle at birth, and the top will be the color when the particles die.

natephant
06-20-2007, 08:59 AM
thanks alot, that was pretty easy once you know where to go. i owe you a big one.

CGTalk Moderation
06-20-2007, 08:59 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.