PDA

View Full Version : XSI 6.1 & Maxwell plugin problem

digital_cormac
06-19-2007, 08:05 AM
Hello everyone.
I have one problem with MaxwellRender plugin for XSI, maybe someone can help me. When I create a new Maxwell material for some kind of object, everything is ok. Material is applyed to object/cluster/group and renders correctly, but it don't show up in MaterialManager, only a black, unlighted shape of an apple appears. The same problem appears, when I load an existing MaxwellMaterial. I know, that MaxwellMaterials should be displayed in material editor correctly, but I have always only a black apple. It's very annoying, and I can't overcome this problem. Maybe some kind of path to material's thumbnail is missing, or something else. Please someone help me.
Thanks.

labwizard
06-25-2007, 01:06 PM
hi, i know xsi can't render a preview alone, so it borrows a preview from the maxwell material (the software).
If there is no preview rendered in maxwell material you cannot see anything but black.
if it didn't work my advice is to generate previews in maxwell material software of the material, save the material mxm then reassign the material to the object by loading it.

CGTalk Moderation
06-25-2007, 01:06 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.