PDA

View Full Version : Some of my 2D pencil and charcoal work...

ParanoidAndroid
04-05-2002, 03:58 AM
Hi guys I'm new here and thought I would start by posting some of my art work. But first a little about my self. :p

I'm 17 and a senior in high school, love to draw and found this board through a Disney board actually. :D So one of you actually knows me and is probably tired of seeing my drawings lol. Also this August I'm leaving for Ringling School of Art and Design in Florida. Can' wait!

So here it goes... critique all ya want. My art teacher is brutal and I'm sure I'll get used to much worse in the up coming year. :)

ParanoidAndroid
04-05-2002, 03:59 AM
another....

ParanoidAndroid
04-05-2002, 04:00 AM
My foot in charcoal...

still a bit dark but better...

ParanoidAndroid
04-05-2002, 04:01 AM
last one...

Let me know what you all think. :)

JuRrAsStOiL
04-05-2002, 04:24 AM
they look great, maybee the foot is a bit too
dark, but the rest is really cool.

hey give back my userpic :D

ParanoidAndroid
04-05-2002, 04:26 AM
Lol I didnt know it was yours I swear!!

Thanks...

The foot only appears dark because of my cheesy scanner. I'll se if I can lighten it so it appears as it really is. I'm not the best with charcoal either. ;)

Vinsoviet
04-05-2002, 04:51 AM
Ah, that guitar is nice! If you haven't taken a life drawing course, do it. It looks as though you might have already. Serio though, my basic drawing skills improved 100 fold when I was finished with my community college life drawing class. Its tedious, and you get tired of drawing old naked guys, but damn you learn fast.

ParanoidAndroid
04-05-2002, 05:26 AM
Thanks!

Nope I haven't taken one life drawing class.....yet. I'll be taking pleanty in the near future. Naked old men ...how appealing lol. I know, I know the human body is a beautiful thing right? Blah not when it's fifth apendage hangs 2 inches from the floor :eek: and it's got more nooks and crannies than a Thomas's English Muffin! :D

illustr8rX
04-05-2002, 06:50 AM
nice work! maybe needs a little more work on the toes on the foot, and the fingers in the guitar picture...very good though. I agree with Vinsoviet, take a life drawing course, nothing gets your 'chops' up like drawing from life. I've gotta take another one to loosen up.
I had some friends that went to Ringling, you'll love it-you'll work your butt off, but your going to learn a lot. Good luck, can't wait to see more. don

JuRrAsStOiL
04-06-2002, 04:05 AM
lol, you could have kept your userpic,
I was just kidding :)

ParanoidAndroid
04-06-2002, 06:05 AM
Originally posted by JuRrAsStOiL
lol, you could have kept your userpic,
I was just kidding :)

Thats alright it was just a temp unitl I found something of my own to use. ;)

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 03:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.