PDA

View Full Version : Luma as Z Buffer

lironmuffin
06-18-2007, 08:07 AM
Hi,
I'm new to Fusion and this seems to be an easy one, but I haven't been able to crack it for a while...

I'm using a Mental Ray shader called 'ZdepthDOF' which creates a grayscale image to represent your scene depth.
It doesn't, however, create an ACTUAL z buffer pass - rather, it gives you a luma pass.

I want to know two things:

1. What's the way to create a flow which will convert luma to z-buffer.
2. or... Is there a way to tell Fusion to use luma as a grayscale map controler for blur. I know Shake has an option like this called "iBlur" which lets you reference two images: a source image, and a blur control image.

Thanks,

Liron

theotheo
06-18-2007, 08:22 AM
Hi,

1. Yes use the channel boolean tool to pipe the luma fg into the zbuffer channel, that way you can use the deep pixel tools.
2.Yep, just pipe the luma image into the blur-node's mask input and set the mask to use "luminance" instead of alpha. However, it wont work exactly like iblur since it works as a mask. For the iblur to work in fusion , please look at this page : http://vfxpedia.com/index.php?title=ShakeToFusion

-the0

CGTalk Moderation
06-18-2007, 08:22 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.