PDA

View Full Version : need your hel with BIPED.. please :(

amd_fan
06-17-2007, 03:10 PM
hello guys

I know you are professionals here so I have nowhere else to go...

I have got such kind of problem..

I rigged and skinned biped on my character.. now when I want to move it up or down on Z axis it just does n't move.. it moves on any other axises but not on Z (up and down).. also when I opened my sceene i noticed that small dummy object appeared on fingers, head, and feet... please tell me what is that and how do I fix the problem with moving mu fig. up and down....

cheers

http://img503.imageshack.us/img503/9585/bipns6.jpg

Mr. D
06-21-2007, 06:32 PM
Hello

first of course check to make sure your not in figure mode

secondly- occasionally i've had this lockup in biped, especially if I've been using foot and hand locks, or exporting using certain game exporters. Sometimes on imported motion capture as well
best advice is to just redo your biped, in the end it is easier, but make sure before you skin to see if the biped has verticle movement before binding. and check to see it's still there after skinning to see if you might have a problem with your mesh.
If it does work save off a version of this setup as a backup, in case it happens again.

as to the green boxes - do nothing to them- these are end effectors that tell biped where a chain ends. you'll find them at the top of the head, and end of fingers and toes.
if you show all you'll see them, normally hidden on biped creation, don't want to see them hide helpers.

Mr. D

BigMouth
06-22-2007, 05:32 PM
make sure you that:
you didn't accidently put a layer on your biped. if you try to move it when it has a layer (and with auto-key off) it'll snap back to it's original position.

Are you in figure mode? If so, turn off figure mode.

check the heirarchy panel and click 'link info.' be sure you don't have any of those boxes checked. if they are, uncheck em' all. they prevent objects from moving/rotating/scaling in certain axsis.

sometimes it's a refresh issue. after you moved it in Z axis, and it's still in the same spot, have you tried scrubbing the time ranger? doing so will refresh the max screen.

don't worry about those little green boxes :) those are just nubs! nubs are your friend :) They tell you where IK chains end.

Good luck!

amd_fan
06-26-2007, 12:27 PM
thanks for advises guys, but biped just won't move... he's still stuck.. I've checked everything but there is nothing locked or missplaced...

anyways... I guess it's just a bugg...

anyway thanks alot.

CGTalk Moderation
06-26-2007, 12:27 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.