PDA

View Full Version : How to rename the entire BIP & also how to set the transform/rotation for the Node.

Bracer
06-17-2007, 01:06 PM
I have two questions regarding the usage of BIP in 3DS max that I hope some kind soul
would let me into the solution.

First:
Could you tell me how to rename the entire bip Skeleton ?
I try renaming the root node but only the root node was renamed.

Second:
I want to "Settle" the pose for the bip by selecting the entire biped & hit "set key" in the
motion tab.

All is well, but the root node [The diamond shaped handle] sometimes will still change position
for some strange reason.

To compensate, I turn on "Auto Key" & manual move & unmove/rotate & unrotate to set the key
for the diamond handle.

So: how can I set the translation & rotation of the diamond object by a much faster mean ?

Thank You.

_stev_
06-18-2007, 08:00 PM
You rename a biped in the motion panel, Biped rollout, then expand the "Modes and Display" subrollout. There is a text field labeled Name where you enter the name of your bip.

Your root may be moving because you have to set keys on it for Horizontal, Vertical, and Turn. Under the Track Selection rollout make sure the Vertical arrows, Horizontal arrows, and Rotate arrow are all highlighted when you set keys on the Bip root.

Stev

Bracer
06-18-2007, 11:22 PM
Thanks _stev_ !
You Have Answered All My Questions ! Thank You Thank You !

CGTalk Moderation
06-18-2007, 11:22 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.