PDA

View Full Version : Maya skinnig system problem

bsb312
06-17-2007, 11:51 AM
Im having this huge problem with my skin weight system in maya. Everytime I begin painting with the artisan brush, faces in the mesh begin to disappear. This problem always pops up. I have even unintalled it and reinstalled a different versions of 7.0. Doese anyone know whats going on?

sdyer23
06-17-2007, 02:02 PM
bsb312,

I've had a similiar problem ona projec I was working on. Honestly I don't know how it cleared up though to be honest, I just knew that t only happened in THAT particular file on THAT particular machine. WHat I ended up doing during the project though was using another computer with Maya on it to run the project.

What you could do is export the model and import it into another file, and see if that does anything. That might do it. It is a tricky problem though. Like I said though mine just cleared up and I haven't seen it again since those files I was working with.

You might also have to reset the preferences in Maya, that ight help too. Not suere if uninstalling Maya will delete the preference files, but it could be some setting in there that could be casuing problems as well.

I hope one of these ideas help. Good luck to you!

-Tux

bsb312
06-17-2007, 09:38 PM
I was thinkin it might be a hardware problem because I have reset the prefs and it also happens in new default scenes with newly created primitves.

bsb312
06-18-2007, 02:30 AM
This is real weird. I just got a copy of 8.5 and installed it. The paint weight system was fully functional and working. When I went back to 7, the problem had been corrected! I still wish I knew what was wrong and what fixed it because I know this problem will arise in the future.

CGTalk Moderation
06-18-2007, 02:30 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.