PDA

View Full Version : skin binding problem

octophon
06-17-2007, 12:47 PM
hi
i have made made a character then made 3 copys of the charecter & now for some reason i am not able to bind eyes to the copys, it worked on the original but after creating the copys i have tried soft bind & hard bind but its not working !, is there some thing i can do about this ?
thanks.

DruG
06-17-2007, 01:02 PM
I don`t understand. Did you copy mesh, skeleton?
Did you copy it after binding or before?

Need more info. Screens would be even better.

octophon
06-17-2007, 01:14 PM
i have a fully rigged character doing an animated dance, i binded eyes on the first model then created 2 copys of the model skin, skeleton, the full hiarachy binding poses & clips all put into trax, every thing works a treat, but then i decided to change the eyes on both the copys & thats when i started getting binding problems. is this to do with renaming or not deleating history or well im not reasy sure why i cant fix the new eyes onto the copys but it must be posible.

octophon
06-17-2007, 04:02 PM
thanks for all the help, i managed to solve the problem by creating new copys but this time also copying the eyes from the orignal model !! doh !. its always some thing silly, any way thanks again for the input maybe i will finnish this model today yay.

CGTalk Moderation
06-17-2007, 04:02 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.