PDA

View Full Version : vue - max: lights and shadows

mani1001
06-17-2007, 10:05 AM
hi all,

i have a problem to blend an vue enviroment with 3ds max (vue xstream plugin).

in 3ds max, i created a small city with a high detailed terrain. in vue, i created an environment with some trees. (i used a proxy of the terrain and the city to position the trees). if i combine this in max, the trees don't cast shadows on the max tarrain and buildings. Even if i use max lights. no shadows are generated on max objects.

e-on software sais: "Render everything together inside your favorite application, with full interaction between Vue and native elements, including 2-way mutual shadow casting, reflection, refraction and lighting."

Does anyone know a solution for this problem? is it the render settings or the materials?

i'm using 3ds max 9 and vue xstream 6 (built 288741)

btw: i tested the vue xstream plugin with cinema4d. it all works fine. i think it must also work with 3ds max.

thanks
mani

mani1001
07-08-2007, 09:55 AM
I solved the problem. I installed the ladest service pack for vue (build 289182). Now everthing works fine.

CGTalk Moderation
07-08-2007, 09:55 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.