PDA

View Full Version : Vue Leaf Animation Popping

polyninja
06-16-2007, 04:46 PM
First of all I'm a vue newbie. I rendered my animated vue scene in Maya mentalRay. It renders great but I got a few pops in the leaves animation. The leaves flutter nicely then suddenly they pop into a new position (not flicker) then pop back to the original animated position. No camera movement and I'm using Maya camera (not vue camera).

Any help is appreciated. Thanks in advance.

ansev
06-18-2007, 10:29 AM
I had a similar problem. Try and check "Forbid atmosphere animation" in the atmosphere editor. I hope that works.

polyninja
06-18-2007, 07:56 PM
Thanks ansev. But would it make the scene static? Nevermind, I'll give it a try first.

edit: doesn't work. the same problem still occurs. I guess I'm gonna try some cheap solution. Will post when I'm done.

ansev
06-26-2007, 09:29 AM
I'm sorry it didn't work. My problem was due to the fact that I made a lot of changes in the atmosphere editor while the time slider was not set to 0. After destroying the atmosphere animation (which still allows leaf and cloud movement) everything worked fine. I hope you find a solution for your problem.

bruno021
07-02-2007, 01:13 PM
Check your options for the leaf fluttering. You may have "gusts of wind" set too high.

CGTalk Moderation
07-02-2007, 01:13 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.