PDA

View Full Version : combustion and time strech and drawing

zorwick
03-19-2003, 11:29 AM
Hi all!

I use C2 with a lot of workimg AE plug-ins. I found them finally:) But one important thing is missing or actually two. Or i do not know how to do this:(

Time strech - I don't know why they left this option from the C2...
I have the twixtor plugin. This one is working, but i don't know why I can't change the footage lenght. So i can make it faster or slower, but the lenght is the footage original lenght.

The second thing is the animated drawing option. So if i want to draw, write, sketch some lines, or text and i want to see continius animation from the drawing start to the end. I hope you can understand this:)

If anybody solve this problem anyhow please post it here

Thx

dg
03-20-2003, 08:56 AM
Hi,

I'm not sure that I understood you right but here goes

Timeremaping in C2 SUX a lot, I'm sorry to say that (Or maybe some one has to show me how can I do a animated time remap in him), about the twixtor I havent used him with C2 yet, I'll check that at my work and I'll give you a feedback.

About the drawing stuff you just add a paint operator double click him, select the strokes or the things that you wanna to animate, hit animate and start to animate things.

I hope that helps in some way,
See Ya! :thumbsup:

GrantKay
03-20-2003, 04:01 PM
There are two plug-ins available to do time remapping in combustion:

Twixtor and Re-timer SD by realviz. Download the demos and choose the one you like.

Regards
Grant

Discreet UK

zorwick
03-20-2003, 05:07 PM
Thanks! I will try the Retimer Sd. The twixtor is good i have it alraedy.

But the drawing thing...I still can't work out how does it go.
For example you want a 2d animation in C2, you have a lottery ticket with a grey part what you have to scrape to see you win or not. You have two layer. One is the ticket and one is the gray mask surface. You want to scrape the mask with the mouse or wacom pen movment.
In AE there is a plugin for that. You start the recording for the drawing and that's it, when you play it you see the animation. and you can adjust your path and add or delet control point.
I forgot the name of this plugin, i tryed in C2 but did not work.

This function what i looking for in C2.

Chris
03-20-2003, 07:57 PM
There is no stroke recorder in Combustion, you can use particles to effectivly do an animated wipe over your word (or scratches in this case) There is a tutorial on the discreet website detailing this

I generally find it easier to erase the word (or scratches) in reverse frame by frame & then play back fowards - most write on's are quite quick so you can be fairly rough & get good results. The benefit of this is you can easily emphasise parts of the write on, most people dont write at a constant speed - you can give it a bit of character, even go back later & cross the 't's & dot the 'i's etc :)

zorwick
03-21-2003, 09:30 AM
Well, Thanks for those replies!

So we have to wait for C3:), maybe the discreet guys put some more options for this:)

CGTalk Moderation
01-14-2006, 04:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.