PDA

View Full Version : Again 'bout MRSat

Ge-ZUS
06-15-2007, 10:51 AM
Hi everyone out there...

I recently tried to set up MRSat for maya 8.5sp1 (of course in combination with maya8.5sp1 unlimited)

My hardware-configuration:

1x Windows-PC (firewall disabled, only av)
1x MacBook Pro (OS X or win)

My problem:

if I set up a win-only based environment (macbook pro with win), distribution works as expected with MR. btw my maya.rayhost lies in /*Userfolder*/maya/8.5/prefs/ on each machine.

when running maya on win-doze, macbook pro under osx (mrsat installed; awaiting jobs), distribution also works fine (win is distributing; macbook pro is only calculating.

the other way round, distribution doesn't take place. WHY? I placed maya.rayhosts in every proposed folder (one after the other and all together), but maya doesn't seem to look for that file when initiating a mr-render (actually I can't say that for sure because I can't find the mr Output Window, it doesn't start automatically as it does on windows).

What will I have to do to make maya look for maya.rayhosts in os x. How do I make mr look for other nodes?

btw maya.rayhosts looks like (for win and os x):

nodex:7106
nodey:7106
nodez:7106

CGTalk Moderation
06-15-2007, 10:52 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.